Weyerhaeuser logo
Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Very understanding and cooperation with finding solutions

Union based company giving emplyees more say and less militant approach to culture and safer environment. The company offers incentive to educate,upgrade and discipline in a fair reasonable.manned that we are obligated to produce so everyone benefits

Pros

Goals or record run achievements free

excellent company

upper management not conceited. Treat staff very good. excellent pay and benefits. compensated for extra effort and promote and will train for career advancement.

Pros

good culture

Cons

nil

Fun Place to work

good place to work, average work life and personal life balance, no room for advancement, great place to learn a trade, great co-workers, good time off

OSB production

When I worked with the Sawline team there were many different tasks that we all had so there wasn't much interaction with co workers.It was a safety based team that were pleasant to work with and the management took the time to see how your day was going.I really enjoyed the work atmosphere and the people that worked there.

Pros

profit sharing

Cons

terrible culture characterized by misery

they treat you like an idiot. safe hard work means very little, and only butt kissing gets you anywhere. the only way to stand the place for any length of time is to stop caring.

Pros

wage

Cons

everything but the wage

Good starter Job

good job for shift work. lots of overtime available. good overtime pay. after a couple month you feel the changes in day and night shift work. most of the team is great to work with. not the healthiest place to work tho.

Pros

good pay when working OT

Cons

not the healthiest place to work in the sawmill, management sucks

Great place to learn about new things!

I enjoyed my time with them, although it was only a week and a half I worked with them. They're nice, helpful, attentive and caring for their employees.

Pros

Great break periods

Cons

Working graveyard shift.

Very poor Management. Union is cancer.

Union combined with bad Management will ultimately cause the mill to close down. Management is hired right out of high school. Some do not even have high school. Union enables lazy workers to be even more lazy. Very poor moral.

Pros

Located close to town

Cons

Too many to list.

A job

They had great working hoursThey offered interesting workWorkload was achievableTypically the work day was same as the lastEnjoyed working independently

Great Physical Labor

This is a great job for people looking to do some physical labor with opportunities to move around to different job stations. Lots of great people there.

Jobs at Weyerhaeuser

See more jobs

Great work environment.

The culture of treating customers, vendors and employees with the greatest respect and care created a great workplace environment. Managers were genuinely interested in your success.

steam plant

job itself is retirement level and fairly easy, however the management doesn't have any respect for the staff whatsoever and disregards all the staff experience and basically tells us we just don't understand how the process works. Unfortunately with zero time in this plant and has yet to ask anyone here how the system works.Will not take advice from anyone but wants to make changes without understanding the process. Good aspect of job is that we do our own maintenance within the steam plant.

Pros

easy job, decent pay/hours, decent vacation package

Cons

overtime is expected and tied to wages

great place and people

I miss the old days there when it was Weyerhaeuser, it was an incredible place to live and work, like a big family and very good memories. No longer the same company or people now.

Uncomfortable and insecure environment. Strong subcultures.

Poor culture. Tail wags the dog. Silence is Golden Rule. See nothing, say nothing. Accepted rampant bullying of many employees by other employees. Asbestos was in machine insulation.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

All else.

Well respected employer within our community

I began there immediately after graduating and only left because I was relocating to the Lower Mainland. It was a great experience and thoroughly enjoyed the co-workers.

A typical day at work was very busy, the people are very good to work with. The management is very knowledgeable and willing to help. The hardest part of the job for me was the hours I had to work, it was hard to have a social life while working here.

Pros

pay & benefits

Cons

hours

Depends on the area you work in

This company has some great qualities such as location to town, room for growth, training and advancement, as well as an average benefits program. However, it does turn a blind eye to health and safety when it comes to a few areas of the mill.

Productive Workplace

Learning new tasks everyday, working with skilled professionals, learned how to weld, use a cutting torch, the hardest part of the job was the early mornings.

Pros

great benefits

An interesting Company to work for with an excellent Safety attitude.

The company is primarily a forest product company. The Soft Wood division is responsible for the safe and economical production of structural lumber.

Pros

Excellent benifits

Cons

10 hour production shifts.

Excellent work to lesisure time ratio

Rewarded for hard work and for following safe work practices. Company core values revolve around supporting its workers, community and rebuilding the resource it uses to profit.

Pros

Free lunches, good holidays.

Cons

Night shifts.

Pulp and Paper Heavy industry

I worked for 27 years at Weyerhaeuser or one of its previous iterations bowater,avenor,cp forest products,great lakes forest products,reed paper all one and the same. Progressed from call crew up tp shift supervisor in finishing room ,then onto materials and asset analyst before being structured out.

Pros

steady employment great people advancement opportunities.

Cons

hot smelly sometime long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weyerhaeuser. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement