Weyerhaeuser logo
Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser Culture reviews

Clear

Very understanding and cooperation with finding solutions

Union based company giving emplyees more say and less militant approach to culture and safer environment. The company offers incentive to educate,upgrade and discipline in a fair reasonable.manned that we are obligated to produce so everyone benefits

Pros

Goals or record run achievements free

Head office and executives talk strongly about culture

The mill site has a very poor work culture. A change in upper management (from the mill manager up) does not support the corporate beliefs and directives . They talk a really good story, however they don't support the front line worker. You can ask for help and fill out all kinds of paperwork, but they don't support or follow through with mentorship. They talk and talk with the workers and have meeting after meeting but never listen to or address worker's concerns.

Pros

Close to town and home every night

Cons

No upper management support, lecture workers and never stop to actually listen.

Awful toxic environment

The only good thing about working at Weyerhaeuser is the pay. The people you work with here are toxic, snitches who get off on getting other people in trouble and picking on the ones trying to do the job safely and effectively. There are clicks and if you don't join the popular click you immediately are saught to be rid of by the click. (Fired/laid off) they will do anything to get you out.

Pros

Money

Cons

Toxic competitive environment, long hours, poor safety.

stay in school,, don't work here

The management doesn't know it's left arm from its right arm. You can be fired for being hurt here. Be prepared for bullying by management. The head guy is a kid who hires his buddies. Problems abound in this older, dirty mill. Clean up just sits there. Long hours and the overtime goes to taxes, so, not worth it. Unless you are a total loner with no family and no friends, then this is place for you. You will sign your life away to work long dirty days by yourself. It takes someone to get hurt before they put the proper signage up. Then they act like its your fault you got hurt. Cleaner uses Windex to clean everything. They don't disinfect, so cold season is a nightmare here. Weyerhaueser scabs out labor to contractors. These lower paid scabs get no benefits and are always on call, they have been using scab labor for seven years straight now to save on costs and not pay benefits. These scabs are well loved and will take a Weyerhaueser employees' job. Typical non union American company that doesn't care about it's Canadian workers, only that it can get logging contracts for the cheap Canadian stumpage fees. All American logging has to be paid for as its on private property. Here in Canada, they just take advantage of the Crown Land. Very corporate culture. Just rude.

Best place to work

I have been at weyerhaeuser for over 8 years and I love my team mates and it is an all around amazing place to work. The company is good to their employees as well as reward you with food and nice weyerhaeuser attire. Say good job when we over exceed our goal.

Pros

The people and the pay

excellent company

upper management not conceited. Treat staff very good. excellent pay and benefits. compensated for extra effort and promote and will train for career advancement.

Pros

good culture

Cons

nil

OSB production

When I worked with the Sawline team there were many different tasks that we all had so there wasn't much interaction with co workers.It was a safety based team that were pleasant to work with and the management took the time to see how your day was going.I really enjoyed the work atmosphere and the people that worked there.

Pros

profit sharing

Cons

Great place to learn about new things!

I enjoyed my time with them, although it was only a week and a half I worked with them. They're nice, helpful, attentive and caring for their employees.

Pros

Great break periods

Cons

Working graveyard shift.

A job

They had great working hoursThey offered interesting workWorkload was achievableTypically the work day was same as the lastEnjoyed working independently

Great Physical Labor

This is a great job for people looking to do some physical labor with opportunities to move around to different job stations. Lots of great people there.

Jobs at Weyerhaeuser

See more jobs

Great work environment.

The culture of treating customers, vendors and employees with the greatest respect and care created a great workplace environment. Managers were genuinely interested in your success.

Uncomfortable and insecure environment. Strong subcultures.

Poor culture. Tail wags the dog. Silence is Golden Rule. See nothing, say nothing. Accepted rampant bullying of many employees by other employees. Asbestos was in machine insulation.

Pros

Good pay.

Cons

All else.

A typical day at work was very busy, the people are very good to work with. The management is very knowledgeable and willing to help. The hardest part of the job for me was the hours I had to work, it was hard to have a social life while working here.

Pros

pay & benefits

Cons

hours

great place

was geat to work for positive people and great environment management was great they supported you and helped ou out whenever u needed also a safe place to work

excellent divisional structure and management

very safety conscious company; opportunities to learn beyond ones' scope; a fantastic environment for team building and transferring of information across various teams; roles-responsibilities-relationships are clearly defined but flexible within the business

Pros

great team atmosphere

great place to work

Trouble shoot hydraulic and mechanical systems, daily checks, work orders and PM's, fabricating guarding, etc managers are excellent, easy to talk to/work with co-workers are a good knowledgeable guys to work with hardest part of the job is that I'm away from my family different town 4-5 days a week most enjoyable part is working with the other maintenance team members, good group, good attitudes

Pros

good benefits

Cons

wage, location

Amazing work place.

My co-workers were the best bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure to work with. I still keep in touch with many of them. A typical day work include meeting with team members to go over job plan and schedule work for the day to learned about the different aspects of safety and how to handle any situation that may occur during the shift. Management is some what good ,but can used some improvement and have excellent co-workers ,the hardest part of my job is climbing into tight places and keeping clean. The shift was 5am-2pm, and it really took a toll on your body, but it was also nice to be done that early

Pros

free lunches, close knit

Cons

management could be more involved/comitted

Good people, environment could be better

I enjoyed working for Weyerhaeuser. The people on my crew were amazing for the most part. The shift was 4am-12pm, and it really took a toll on your body, but it was also nice to be done that early. The work environment was pretty good for the most part, some of the other crews didn't really acknowledge the crews around them. So we generally just stuck to ourselves.

rather challenging place to work

• a typical day at work • Regular day of work was filled with a lot of meeting (on average 7/day) most of them not very productive. • what you learned o my learning experience was not so positive, this place has considerable room for improvement in most of the business areas • management o I was part of it and we had major challenges with our internal top leader and our senior leadership. Very slow progress in this area as company is protecting status quo and not embracing change • your co-workers o Very good and experienced work force, and quite few staff people with good back ground and attitude • the hardest part of the job o for senior managers allowing "back door" approach and too often unfair judgement without consideration for root causes or simple truth. • the most enjoyable part of the job o by far dedicated and truly good people in this place

Pros

People

Great place to work.

A place of hard working individuals and a productive environment. I loved the fact you were busy with work all day so it was never dull.

Pros

Great pay.

Great place & company to work for.

Really like working here, location was great and the people I worked for and with where grreat.