Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews in Kenora, ON

Weyerhaeuser was a great place to work. The company pays you extremely well, you are offered 2 weeks paid vacation whenever you want at the beginning of the year, and the benefits are high-coverage. The shiftwork as an associate was very difficult to adjust to, however.
Pros
Social Club
Cons
12 hour shiftwork
The job is not difficult but the 12 hour shifts can be difficult to get used to. The schedule 2-2-3 can be hard to handle, after two night shifts the two days off half one day off is spent catching up on sleep. night 1-2 7pm to 7am, day 3-4 off, day 5-6 7am to 7pm, day 6-7-8 off. Always changing day to night back to day.
Pros
Good wage, team building
Cons
Shifts from day shift to night shift
job itself is retirement level and fairly easy, however the management doesn't have any respect for the staff whatsoever and disregards all the staff experience and basically tells us we just don't understand how the process works. Unfortunately with zero time in this plant and has yet to ask anyone here how the system works.Will not take advice from anyone but wants to make changes without understanding the process. Good aspect of job is that we do our own maintenance within the steam plant.
Pros
easy job, decent pay/hours, decent vacation package
Cons
overtime is expected and tied to wages
Some times we work hard but generally a days work is easier to perform than most jobs. I learned to save some dirt for trouble makers. The place is very well managed from the top. There are a few workers (very few) that have an ambition to spread negative stories. Some of the manual labour makes a person sweat a lot. Dependable, some times fun place to work with good pay.
Weyerhaeuser was an extremely safe environment to work in with a never ending opportunity for growth within the company. The management was very accommodating and helpful. Their salary and benefits package were exceptional.