Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews in Drayton Valley, AB

This is a great job for people looking to do some physical labor with opportunities to move around to different job stations. Lots of great people there.
This has been by far the best place I've work in along time the money is good the people are good mangment is fare my job is close to home all the worker's are good people.
I thought my employers would be there for me but they were not. I wish I never worked for them. Biggest regret of my life.............................
Pros
I got away
Cons
I was hired
The company is primarily a forest product company. The Soft Wood division is responsible for the safe and economical production of structural lumber.
Pros
Excellent benifits
Cons
10 hour production shifts.
Claims safety is key but is more concerned with production then safety. Not very friendly environment, ask the wrong persona question and they will make your life miserable. If you stand up for yourself you will be fired.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, poor training, favouritism, Not a good place to work.
My co-workers were the best bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure to work with. I still keep in touch with many of them. A typical day work include meeting with team members to go over job plan and schedule work for the day to learned about the different aspects of safety and how to handle any situation that may occur during the shift. Management is some what good ,but can used some improvement and have excellent co-workers ,the hardest part of my job is climbing into tight places and keeping clean. The shift was 5am-2pm, and it really took a toll on your body, but it was also nice to be done that early
Pros
free lunches, close knit
Cons
management could be more involved/comitted
very boring job, not challenging enough. Great coworkers, good pay and benefits. Long hours but had 3 day weekends. supplied everything to do my job.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
boring, not challenging enough
If consistency and continuity is something people are looking for, the mill life is the choice. Simple work, nothing too strenuous. An overall good job, however management and supervisors as well as HR were so misguided and corrupt that it ultimately lead to my decision to leave.
Pros
Lots of food
Cons
Inconsistent direction