Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews in Delta, BC

The new production manager enjoys bullying his subordinates. He is vindictive and holds grudges anytime you question or call him out on something he is doing that isnt proper. I was served a disciplinary letter for making a worksafe claim, a claim and return to work program that management, HR, and the adjuster all agreed to. When I came back fit for work i was told if I took another sick day I would be fired. There is no advancement here. They show favoritism for the people who.act buddy buddy with the manager or shift workers, even if they aren't good at their job. I was told by supervisors and shift workers that I was doing a very good job and excelling and showing promise, but after a review of my performance with the production manager, I was told i was not a team player and not working hard enough. Despite that year working more overtime then I could ever imagine. You start on the call list. You are guaranteed your hours but not the days. So you may work 5 12 hour night shifts In a row before a day off. Or you may have a night shift with half a day off then a day shift. They boast about how much.easier it is for your home life but good luck ever getting a day off or vacation day that you want. You don't get to use your vacations for shut downs, you come in and do some of the worst work imaginable. Dirty and difficult. This plant doesnt care about safety they just care about paper work and appearance of safety. They put production first. 2 associates were told to clean an area without locking out by a supervisor, and then disciplined and one fired afterward for violating - more...
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Poor culture. Tail wags the dog. Silence is Golden Rule. See nothing, say nothing. Accepted rampant bullying of many employees by other employees. Asbestos was in machine insulation.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
All else.