Weyerhaeuser logo
Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

Very understanding and cooperation with finding solutions

Union based company giving emplyees more say and less militant approach to culture and safer environment. The company offers incentive to educate,upgrade and discipline in a fair reasonable.manned that we are obligated to produce so everyone benefits

Pros

Goals or record run achievements free

I would recommend working here

Don't do it, you will never see your family. If you have kids you'll miss every event. It's all about production so if you have anything else that you can do besides this. DO IT!

Nice Summer Job

I worked there for two summers with their operators as a helper. It paid well and the people I worked with were nice and taught me everything they could.

Needs new management

This was a good place to work but current management changes have made it the worst place I have ever work in my life. It’s a job the pay is good but the lack of care is horrible

Great place to grow

I worked at WY for over 2.5 years and overall it was a really positive experience. My managers and team helped me grow and develop into an even stronger professional. Everyone cared about me as a person and wanted me to succeed. I would recommend WY to anyone.

Pros

People, office and remote work

Cons

Benefits and compensation

It's a job

Turnover is a real problem, because of micro-managing. You always feel like somebody is watching over your shoulder, and waiting on you to make a mistake.

Pros

vacation time

Cons

constantly short handed

Management is the worst I’ve seen at anyplace I’ve worked! (Beware)

Management is nice to you when you first start working here then after a few months it’s totally opposite. It seems that management enjoys harassing the workers and threatening you with the loss of your job is constant. Takes them a long time to get employee’s fully certified on jobs so don’t expect a decent pay rate till you’re there for 18+ months if you can deal with stress from constantly being harassed.

Pros

It’s just a job

Cons

Stressful, toxic, work environment

Head office and executives talk strongly about culture

The mill site has a very poor work culture. A change in upper management (from the mill manager up) does not support the corporate beliefs and directives . They talk a really good story, however they don't support the front line worker. You can ask for help and fill out all kinds of paperwork, but they don't support or follow through with mentorship. They talk and talk with the workers and have meeting after meeting but never listen to or address worker's concerns.

Pros

Close to town and home every night

Cons

No upper management support, lecture workers and never stop to actually listen.

Well established company with excellent reputation

I would recommend this Company to anyone. Even though the location has moved to Seattle and the Senior Management is different, I still hear that is a great Company to work for. I would highly recommend you consider it.

Productive, fun work place

I was mainly there just for a second job.i found out that I was having a kid and needed extra money.. the company was good and the people I worked with were good people and certainly enjoyed my time there

Jobs at Weyerhaeuser

See more jobs

Knowledgeable Team

Management was knowledgeable and approachable. The commitment to safety was real. Work hours were long and often involved weekend work which made a good work/life balance challenging.

Pros

Commitment to safety

Cons

Work/life balance

not a very good place to work management sucks

There is no room to advance. Upper management does nothing but lie and show favoritism toward certain employees and likes to do alot behind the scenes.

Pros

Cons

horrible management, average pay

Management will stab you in the back

Working at the Idabel facility used to be a great place to work until the new regime came into power then it turned into a place of despair and fear. You go into work and fear for your job everyday even if you keep your head down and what your told to do. You may get caught in the crossfire of a supervisor or the plant manager and lose your job. It has become a place of desperation for all but those that know how to build up the plant managers self esteem he is a little in a big man's position.

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Corporate is awsome

Cons

You will fear for your job everyday, Favoritism, You are at their mercy and they are not very nice

I would not recommend anyone applying for a job at the Millport location

Poor management. No communication. Horrible insurance. Your just a number. This location is a brand new facility and about two years from now it will close the doors from poor management. Stay away

Management is horrible

Might as well put a camper in the parking lot because you’ll live there. Management is absolutely absurd. They will put you on night shift with no way to get on day shift

Pros

Cons

It’s all horrible

Stable Workplace, great Senior Leadership and caring people

Overall Weyerhaeuser is a great place to work. They really care about people and pride ourselves in people being the most valuable resource the company has. Through the pandemic the company did a great job of caring and supporting employees. There is also flexible work from home arrangements, great pay bonuses and solid benefits package.

Pros

Benefits, pay, bonus

Cons

Commuting but that is being worked on

Fun

Working with people who make you feel appreciated and acknowledged is another reason why people enjoy going to work. Bosses have an especially important role to play – a frequently quoted research indicates that people leave bad managers and not companies.A workplace that values and actively seeks your inputs and suggestions, makes you feel respected as an employee and recognizes employees’ achievements creates a sense of belonging and fosters employee participation.

Great Benefits, Caring Culture

My department offers a supportive, inclusive culture that represents the corporate mission. Great benefits. Many opportunities for advancement. Casual atmosphere. Many leaders have been promoted within and worked their way up from hourly roles. Approachable.

Pros

Supportive

Hard heavy work

Weyco has cut benefits to near nothing. 5 days vacation AFTER A YEAR, no increase until 3years, no sick time, extremely high deductible insurance. Pay decent but that’s about all.

Pros

Payday

Benefits

The worst environment to work in.

The culture at this place is awful. Management is awful. Would be a better place if they got rid of all management. They don’t care about you as a person. Didn’t get hardly any training. Would never go back to this place.

Pros

Cons

The whole place

Good Company

Weyerhaeuser is good company to work for - better pay and benefits than many other companies. Depending upon your role there are opportunities for advancement; however, relocation may be necessary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weyerhaeuser. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement