Weyerhaeuser
Weyerhaeuser Employee Review

9 March 2020
Great place to work and a good work life balance. Benefits are very good and the work keeps you on your toes! lots of different areas in maintenance you can put focus into
4.0Job security/advancement
3 May 2013
Same role
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) - Vancouver, BC
I spent each work day visiting different manufacturing sites to analysis business practices, primarily in the maintenance organizations. I created improvement plans and initiated training for site leadership. I implemented measurable goals to encourage success. The hardest part of the job was changing entrenched and ineffective management styles and practices. The best part of the job was having people approach me after 6 months to praise me.
19 June 2019
Same location
Alberta - Energy Unit Operator (Former Employee) - Edson, AB
The workplace was very good. Almost all the managers were good and handled things in a professional way. Usually people who are bullies do nt last long. The union here is amazing and very strong. The great atmosphere this workplace has is almost entirely due to all the great hourly workers and the union. However, they have some amazing managers too. Production work is not too labour intensive and interesting.
Pros
Decen schedule, decent pay, amazing union
Cons
some production jobs are repetitive
27 April 2018
Same location
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) - Edson, AB
Union combined with bad Management will ultimately cause the mill to close down. Management is hired right out of high school. Some do not even have high school. Union enables lazy workers to be even more lazy. Very poor moral.
Pros
Located close to town
Cons
Too many to list.