Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

Canada73 reviews
Use to be a good company to work for
Negatives
-Use to be a really good company to work for

-Now Poor management who aren't for the employee but for themselves

-Will take any opportunity to throw someone under the buss

-Forces you to take sick days for workplace injuries and than uses it against you when you apply for another position within the company!

-Management goes behind your back to change your timesheet without consulting you about the time you've entered or when you swiped in on to company property

Positive

-Good thing is you have 3 day weekends and ok pay

-Home every night

-Work outside with fairly new equipment
Awesome place to work
This has been by far the best place I've work in along time the money is good the people are good mangment is fare my job is close to home all the worker's are good people.
Money Before Family
They have zero consideration for their workers or their families most of the year and have managed to drop the ball even further during a world-wide pandemic. Filling up already over-stocked yards and forcing people to work when they should be home. But they are only motivated by money so they refuse to acknowledge the crisis. 0/10
Great place to work and a good work life balance. Benefits are very good and the work keeps you on your toes! lots of different areas in maintenance you can put focus into
Fun place to work
I'm am giving my 5 Stars review to them. The work was sometimes hard, but they treat they're employees with fairness, respect, kindness and like family, and to me that makes such a big difference.
If you can ,find a job elseware .
Typical high management driven corperation ,more interested in current political correctness and or philosophies driven by management elitists than the well being of employees or integrety of product .
Very short lived.
I was injured very shortly into my employment. Ordered on light duty then let go 2 weeks after Dr.s release. Started off on the wrong foot sort on speak.
Good perks
The job is not difficult but the 12 hour shifts can be difficult to get used to. The schedule 2-2-3 can be hard to handle, after two night shifts the two days off half one day off is spent catching up on sleep. night 1-2 7pm to 7am, day 3-4 off, day 5-6 7am to 7pm, day 6-7-8 off. Always changing day to night back to day.
Pros
Good wage, team building
Cons
Shifts from day shift to night shift
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Weyerhaeuser?
Odd hours and stressful
Weyerhauser is a great place to work if you enjoy working in high stress conditions and night shift. They pay very well and ensure safety before production attitude. Don't recommend it as a life career because of night shift but very good to quickly get ahead with little or no school.
stay in school,, don't work here
The management doesn't know it's left arm from its right arm. You can be fired for being hurt here. Be prepared for bullying by management. The head guy is a kid who hires his buddies. Problems abound in this older, dirty mill. Clean up just sits there. Long hours and the overtime goes to taxes, so, not worth it. Unless you are a total loner with no family and no friends, then this is place for you. You will sign your life away to work long dirty days by yourself. It takes someone to get hurt before they put the proper signage up. Then they act like its your fault you got hurt. Cleaner uses Windex to clean everything. They don't disinfect, so cold season is a nightmare here. Weyerhaueser scabs out labor to contractors. These lower paid scabs get no benefits and are always on call, they have been using scab labor for seven years straight now to save on costs and not pay benefits. These scabs are well loved and will take a Weyerhaueser employees' job. Typical non union American company that doesn't care about it's Canadian workers, only that it can get logging contracts for the cheap Canadian stumpage fees. All American logging has to be paid for as its on private property. Here in Canada, they just take advantage of the Crown Land. Very corporate culture. Just rude.
Secure job with great pay, benefits and time off.
Weyerhaeuser was a great place to work. The company pays you extremely well, you are offered 2 weeks paid vacation whenever you want at the beginning of the year, and the benefits are high-coverage. The shiftwork as an associate was very difficult to adjust to, however.
Pros
Social Club
Cons
12 hour shiftwork
Best place to work
I have been at weyerhaeuser for over 8 years and I love my team mates and it is an all around amazing place to work. The company is good to their employees as well as reward you with food and nice weyerhaeuser attire. Say good job when we over exceed our goal.
Pros
The people and the pay
If you don't fit in your screwed
If you don't fit in with the crew your wasting your time. If your not part of the "click" then you will be made to feel like you are trash and unwanted. Management is a joke as well. Safety is a joke. I wouldn't recommend working at this circus to my worst enemy.
Overall not a bad place
Good people to work with, training is great but the work can be hard if you have a strong work ethic, if your lazy its not bad. Pay is extremely low especially if you come from the oil patch to the mill, very hard to make a living unless you have absolutely no payments and maybe a wife working. It was nice to have a beard but they make you trim it after 4 inches lol but the best thing about working there is you're home every day and once you leave the mill there's no phone calls or Emails about your shift you just punched. It was hard getting use to 30 minute lunch break and two 15 minute breaks over a 12 hour shift because you stand most of the day and throw around green lumber. Great starting career for someone just out of high school because they have a great retirement plan, I wouldn't recommend starting there if you are in your 40's or 50's. Very safety sensitive place to work, lots of saws and moving equipment, no exceptions to lock out tag out when doing maintenance. If you don't follow rules the mill is not for you.
Pros
Home life is excellent and you can have a beard
Cons
Very low pay and hard work
Good place to learn skills
Kind of hard to get into the inner circle of the crews that work there. They keep new people at a distance and its hard to break that barrier. The work is pretty easy if you are willing to actually do it. Look out for yourself because there are people who will go tell on you to the supervisor if they see you doing something wrong.
Pros
Sometimes get 5 days off in a row
Cons
Bad schedule
Great workplace, awesome union, very healthy workplace
The workplace was very good. Almost all the managers were good and handled things in a professional way. Usually people who are bullies do nt last long. The union here is amazing and very strong. The great atmosphere this workplace has is almost entirely due to all the great hourly workers and the union. However, they have some amazing managers too. Production work is not too labour intensive and interesting.
Pros
Decen schedule, decent pay, amazing union
Cons
some production jobs are repetitive
Management and veteran employees enjoy bullying and harrassment
The new production manager enjoys bullying his subordinates. He is vindictive and holds grudges anytime you question or call him out on something he is doing that isnt proper. I was served a disciplinary letter for making a worksafe claim, a claim and return to work program that management, HR, and the adjuster all agreed to. When I came back fit for work i was told if I took another sick day I would be fired. There is no advancement here. They show favoritism for the people who.act buddy buddy with the manager or shift workers, even if they aren't good at their job. I was told by supervisors and shift workers that I was doing a very good job and excelling and showing promise, but after a review of my performance with the production manager, I was told i was not a team player and not working hard enough. Despite that year working more overtime then I could ever imagine.

You start on the call list. You are guaranteed your hours but not the days. So you may work 5 12 hour night shifts In a row before a day off. Or you may have a night shift with half a day off then a day shift. They boast about how much.easier it is for your home life but good luck ever getting a day off or vacation day that you want. You don't get to use your vacations for shut downs, you come in and do some of the worst work imaginable. Dirty and difficult.

This plant doesnt care about safety they just care about paper work and appearance of safety. They put production first. 2 associates were told to clean an area without locking out by a supervisor, and then disciplined and one fired afterward for violating
 - more...
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
I wish I was never a part of “this team”
I thought my employers would be there for me but they were not. I wish I never worked for them. Biggest regret of my life.............................
Pros
I got away
Cons
I was hired
excellent company
upper management not conceited. Treat staff very good. excellent pay and benefits. compensated for extra effort and promote and will train for career advancement.
Pros
good culture
Cons
nil
Fun Place to work
good place to work, average work life and personal life balance, no room for advancement, great place to learn a trade, great co-workers, good time off
OSB production
When I worked with the Sawline team there were many different tasks that we all had so there wasn't much interaction with co workers.It was a safety based team that were pleasant to work with and the management took the time to see how your day was going.I really enjoyed the work atmosphere and the people that worked there.
Pros
profit sharing