WESTWOOD HONDA Employee Reviews

Currently Employed and loving it
Service Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC10 January 2019
I am currently the Service Receptionist at Westwood Honda and I love my position.
My managers are fair and responsive.
My team is helpful. There is great communication between us and respect.
As with every situation, there are issues, but nothing that isn't normal and or somewhat expected.
I have support and guidance from management.
The GM is very nice, friendly and supportive.
Pros
Great Management
Great Place To Work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC20 June 2018
I've been working at Westwood Honda for just over a year now and have nothing but good things to say. Great atmosphere and excellent team to work for!
Pros
Realistic Hours for a Sales Job, Good Pay, Minimal Stress, Sundays and Stat Holidays Off
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC19 June 2018
Work hard, play hard family. Westwood Honda is thriving, always looking to break down barriers and over come objections whether it is for their staff or customers. The fast paced environment and culture makes it easy to get up and come to work every morning. I am happy to be apart of this amazing team that is not only supportive, but will challenge you to always do better. There is never a dull moment, and management is always there to share best practices and help where needed. Westwood has a unique DNA that is unlike any other and I would recommend this place as a "Great place to work" and even develop a career.
Pros
Great staff, work/life blance, flexible hours
Cons
Parking
An inclusive work environment you won't find anywhere else.
Administrative / IT (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC18 June 2018
Westwood Honda offers a fast paced and challenging work environment. The people I work with are great, a lot of people and their children or spouses work here so it really makes for an inclusive and familial work environment. Hard work does not go unnoticed here and if you can keep your head down and work you will be rewarded. There is a lot of room for growth and upward mobility (The GM started out as a Service Advisor) I started out washing cars and now I run the IT department and oversee a number of integral projects. The management team has a real positive attitude towards people expanding their education and growing from within the company. Beyond the working we have a number of really great dealer wide fun activities (a team of us just got back from running the Tough Mudder in Whistler). These guys are really open to expanding on new ideas, a key to a lot of our recent success has to be how open the management team is to trying something new and getting view points and opinions from all employees. I would highly recommend working here.
Pros
Team Environment, Upward Mobility
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC10 May 2018
Have worked here a long time and love the team environment. To be fair, it's a very busy place and you can't expect everyone to thrive in this environment but if you've got drive and ambition, are prepared to work hard, you can make great money and have a lot of fun.
Pros
Great people and customers
Sales (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC8 May 2018
Westwood Honda is a great place to work, the company has grown so much over the past few years which has really opened up new opportunities. You fee like you are part of a big family here which makes coming to work every day easy!
Pros
Great Staff
A fantastic, supportive environment to work "The Westwood Honda Family"
Sales (Current Employee) –  BC4 April 2018
This is thriving dealership, with innovation and a progression through-out the ranks.

Office doors are never closed, ideas are shared and talked about, training is ongoing on a daily bases. There is a real feeling that you are a 'spoke in a wheel that keeps on turning faster & faster' breaking records. Needless to say earning potential is uncapped & matched to your work ethic.

If you wish to further your career, then the opportunity always lies within.
Pros
Great Camaraderie
Great Place to work
sales (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC4 April 2018
Westwood Honda is a very busy place. If you are in sales this is the place to be. There always seems to be a steady stream of customers coming through the doors. They also take great care in customer service make our job easier. The General Manager is great to work for. The culture is very friendly and almost family like, it makes coming to work fun and enjoyable. This is a place you can really make a career at. Honestly, the most enjoyable part of working here is the staff, everyone is so nice to work with, and very professional.
Pros
busy store
Cons
no time for breaks
Don't value their staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC23 March 2018
Westwood Honda has grown so much in the last couple years but at a real detriment to their staff moral. They don't treat their employees with any respect. They pay way less than the industry average and offer next to zero benefits. If they decide you are making too much they change the pay plan so you make less

The management team are a joke. They don't support their staff members and several employees that are seen as favorites are allowed to bully the junior staff members with no recourse.
Pros
Staff become friends
Westwood workload
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC26 September 2017
An average day at Westwood Honda can be very draining people who work there try their best and do their jobs well but are overloaded Management doesn't take enough time to spend with the employees to make sure they are doing well and are happy and organized in their jobs. Job roles are scattered most people run around stressed out and worried some days are so busy you don't have much energy left to do anything besides go to work and home to sleep.

Good hours but overworked
Good benefits but very low pay
Pros
Good hours good benefits
Cons
Overworked low pay
Globalized paid and not hourly based on experience
Detailer (Former Employee) –  b.c25 February 2017
Their detail and reconditioning shop is underground like a bunker its horrible and they do undercoating downsstairs in an unappropiate and unsafe set up not WCB approved.They pay their detalers extremely low piece work rate and nobody gets paid based on experience,cuz the company makes a lot more money this way by shaving off your earnings.Its no wonder they have an ad up every 2 monhts,people dont last.They dont pay detailers hourly they only exploit them.Stay away from their detail shop!!
Cons
Hard work very low pay and not hourly
This is a good company doing great work!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC7 February 2017
Yes, just like in any sales oriented job you have to put in time and hard work to see results. The training and support is unprecedented and you can be as successful as you want to be.

The people are very warm and welcoming. There's a family mentality which is unlike any dealership I've ever worked at.

Was sad to leave.
Pros
High Earning Potential, Awesome Co-Workers, Busy Store
Cons
Long Hours
The closest thing would be like being part of a large and succesful professional sports team.
Service department (Current Employee) –  Port Moody, BC20 January 2017
This is a large and thriving workplace that is overcoming the stressses of massive and continued growth through active change and development. There are many examples of internal promotions and staff development.
Pros
Success and growth give a sense of security.
Cons
You have to be able to cope with innovation and expansion.
Don't work here
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC6 January 2017
Company only cares about how much they make - willing to write letters to the food bank so employees can eat rather than consider raises even after years of service. Top management not interested in employees. Employees themselves are good people that will help when they can, but are in the same situation. Avoid working for this company as you will not be treated fairly. Long hours expected not necessarily paid. No raises even if you save them refilling a position - won't consider as little as .25 cent raise
Pros
free coffee/tea good coworkers
Cons
underpaid not appreciated by management
Busy business that works like an oiled machine
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC19 November 2016
High pressure because of the volume. Not many opportunities to make money. Great co workers to work with. Work/life balance suffers. Not enough money for the effort you put in.
Pros
Professional and friendly co workers.
Cons
Work/ life balance, money
long hours fun people
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Moody, BC23 March 2016
I loved working at Westwood Honda except my department manager was horrible.
Schedules were for 10 hour shifts and expected to stay with out breaks.
Expected to come in on your day off during month end and never compensated.
Pros
the people I worked with were great
Cons
long hours little work life balance
Dangerous in the late 1980's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC20 January 2013
worked to hard and never enough pay or appreciation. Co-workers were the best part. Very cut throat industry. The hardest part of the job was looking at the little amount of pay for your work. Not very rewarding. Management was not supportive, they were to pre-occupied with themselves. I did learn to be productive of my time and follow up leads. Hence, it did make me a good salesmen. Only the strong survive here.