Westwood Fine Cabinetry

Westwood Fine Cabinetry Management reviews

Canada17 reviews
Working for this company was good but management are out of touch with workers and dislike people of older age or close to retirement they want to push you out.
Cons
Hate people of 55 and older
Don't bother unless you don't mind two faced supervisors and management. I went to work everyday, and worked hard, including 10 days where I slept at the hospital in a fold out chair to be with my kid, and yet still was at work every morning. COVID happened and I had to take time off on doctor's orders. Westwood advertised and then hired for my job, and when my leave ended and I came back to work they laid me off saying there was a work shortage. Stabbed in the back for being a good employee! Don't do it.
Office culture is positive, supportive and team oriented. You are given enough authority to prove yourself and do your job. If you are a proactive and "get it done" type of person, you would fit right in.

The people are great and management does their best to help ensure they keep out the poisonous personalities.

The toughest part of the job is that everyone is so supportive, you'll want to try to please everyone. Not always practical!
Pros
People, culture
Cons
Nothing that bothers me
I have worked for many companies, but none compare to the professionalism and integrity that Westwood has to offer. Very good culture, with many long term employees. It feels good to work in a shop that is as clean and organized as it is. Pay is good, benefits are the best I have ever had. There are many positive changes in this company in the time I have been here, new supervisors that support us and challenge us to do our best, a solid HR department that is always there to talk with no matter when we need it, and we are always paid on time and accurately. There really is no better shop or work environment in the Okanagan. I intend to spend many years here, and am more than happy to have landed a position with this outstanding company.
Pros
Good pay, supportive management
Cons
Management is a disaster. Most of the people are generally pretty good but the management is all over the places and expectations and standards are runbish
Thought this was a good place to work till I witnessed management.screaming at workers making them cry I was disgusted by their attitude.
They had bullying trading for.staff when it should have been for the management.

HR is no help and just as bad as around you will find that most won't work for Westwood because of this.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Bullying
Some new Management, out with the old grump autocratic and in with the new innovative leaders supporting the employees. Way better wages and benefits