Westwood Fine Cabinetry Employee Reviews

Culture culture culture
Administration (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 April 2019
Office culture is positive, supportive and team oriented. You are given enough authority to prove yourself and do your job. If you are a proactive and "get it done" type of person, you would fit right in.

The people are great and management does their best to help ensure they keep out the poisonous personalities.

The toughest part of the job is that everyone is so supportive, you'll want to try to please everyone. Not always practical!
Pros
People, culture
Cons
Nothing that bothers me
Production Worker
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 April 2019
I have worked for many companies, but none compare to the professionalism and integrity that Westwood has to offer. Very good culture, with many long term employees. It feels good to work in a shop that is as clean and organized as it is. Pay is good, benefits are the best I have ever had. There are many positive changes in this company in the time I have been here, new supervisors that support us and challenge us to do our best, a solid HR department that is always there to talk with no matter when we need it, and we are always paid on time and accurately. There really is no better shop or work environment in the Okanagan. I intend to spend many years here, and am more than happy to have landed a position with this outstanding company.
Pros
Good pay, supportive management
Lots of possibilities
Lead hand wood finisher (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 March 2019
Westwood has good benefits and good working hours. If you are a person that is willing to work hard, are reliable and can follow instructions then this is the job for you.
gong show
Spray Painter / Finisher (Former Employee) –  kelowna b.c.19 October 2018
Management is a disaster. Most of the people are generally pretty good but the management is all over the places and expectations and standards are runbish
Stay Away Bullying but Management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 August 2018
Thought this was a good place to work till I witnessed management.screaming at workers making them cry I was disgusted by their attitude.
They had bullying trading for.staff when it should have been for the management.
HR is no help and just as bad as around you will find that most won't work for Westwood because of this.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Bullying
Westwood is factory produced, low quality cabinets
PAINTER/SPRAYER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 March 2018
company has deep pockets, only reason they are still around, pay is low, job security is good, but not challenging for anyone that has ever worked in custom shops
Good atmosphere and leadership.
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 February 2018
I’ve been an employee here for years. Been ups and downs however the ups now are head turning. New and exciting leaders/supervisors that genuinely care about the workers. Someone is always willing to help us make things better. The new atmosphere here is welcoming and coming to work is something I enjoy. Good job Westwood!
Benefits
Great Changes to this Company
Woodworker (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC25 January 2018
Some new Management, out with the old grump autocratic and in with the new innovative leaders supporting the employees. Way better wages and benefits
Current production worker
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 November 2017
This place is awesome. High quality work with excellent teams in place. Really good set of supervisors that always do there best to make the culture and work top notch. This shop is growing and adapting but has an excellent reputation for raising the bar. I wouldn’t work anywhere else. The pay is definitely above most shops.
Pros
Good pay, good Supervisors
Cons
Lots of work so it can be crowded
big shop, bad reputation
Sprayer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 July 2017
when I started at Westwood there was over two hundred staff. when I left, there was roughly one hundred staff. the shop was know for doing poor work, so they bought a flat line sprayer
Spotty Work
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 August 2012
It was generally an okay place to work. However, the work hours were not consistent in the time I worked there.
Coworkers were friendly, though the work culture was all around grumpy.
I personally found the projects disorganized, but that could also be attributed to short time I worked there.