Westwood Fine Cabinetry

Westwood Fine Cabinetry Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Not a place to be if you are getting older..they are slowly replacing the older workers especially ones who lack skills. Anyone who is 55+ be aware you are being replaced
The finishing department is ran by someone with industrial background and lacks the knowledge and abilities for fine finish work of any kind, just a smart mouthed know it all with no valid experience.
Tremendous turn over rate in this department as well. They like to hire people with little to no experience and pay poor buy expect the finest.
Cons
Management and equipment is brutal
Don't bother unless you don't mind two faced supervisors and management. I went to work everyday, and worked hard, including 10 days where I slept at the hospital in a fold out chair to be with my kid, and yet still was at work every morning. COVID happened and I had to take time off on doctor's orders. Westwood advertised and then hired for my job, and when my leave ended and I came back to work they laid me off saying there was a work shortage. Stabbed in the back for being a good employee! Don't do it.
We work as a team, team building has been a big success with this company. No one individual can impact a job, it requires a team effort. I have been in this industry 25 years, worked all over B.C, Westwood is among the best in the industry.
Come check it out.
managment lacked and was not very good but some good fellow employes. and the job it self was as advertiesed i had fit in good with the people in the department.
Office culture is positive, supportive and team oriented. You are given enough authority to prove yourself and do your job. If you are a proactive and "get it done" type of person, you would fit right in.

The people are great and management does their best to help ensure they keep out the poisonous personalities.

The toughest part of the job is that everyone is so supportive, you'll want to try to please everyone. Not always practical!
Pros
People, culture
Cons
Nothing that bothers me
I have worked for many companies, but none compare to the professionalism and integrity that Westwood has to offer. Very good culture, with many long term employees. It feels good to work in a shop that is as clean and organized as it is. Pay is good, benefits are the best I have ever had. There are many positive changes in this company in the time I have been here, new supervisors that support us and challenge us to do our best, a solid HR department that is always there to talk with no matter when we need it, and we are always paid on time and accurately. There really is no better shop or work environment in the Okanagan. I intend to spend many years here, and am more than happy to have landed a position with this outstanding company.
Pros
Good pay, supportive management
Cons
Westwood has good benefits and good working hours. If you are a person that is willing to work hard, are reliable and can follow instructions then this is the job for you.
Management is a disaster. Most of the people are generally pretty good but the management is all over the places and expectations and standards are runbish
Thought this was a good place to work till I witnessed management.screaming at workers making them cry I was disgusted by their attitude.
They had bullying trading for.staff when it should have been for the management.

HR is no help and just as bad as around you will find that most won't work for Westwood because of this.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Bullying
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westwood Fine Cabinetry?
A day at work would consist of programming a CNN computer to cut an average of 80 sheets in a ten hour time period. Easygoing and laidback staff were a positive change to our occurrence to the start of shift.
company has deep pockets, only reason they are still around, pay is low, job security is good, but not challenging for anyone that has ever worked in custom shops
I’ve been an employee here for years. Been ups and downs however the ups now are head turning. New and exciting leaders/supervisors that genuinely care about the workers. Someone is always willing to help us make things better. The new atmosphere here is welcoming and coming to work is something I enjoy. Good job Westwood!
Benefits
Cons
Some new Management, out with the old grump autocratic and in with the new innovative leaders supporting the employees. Way better wages and benefits
This place is awesome. High quality work with excellent teams in place. Really good set of supervisors that always do there best to make the culture and work top notch. This shop is growing and adapting but has an excellent reputation for raising the bar. I wouldn’t work anywhere else. The pay is definitely above most shops.
Pros
Good pay, good Supervisors
Cons
Lots of work so it can be crowded
when I started at Westwood there was over two hundred staff. when I left, there was roughly one hundred staff. the shop was know for doing poor work, so they bought a flat line sprayer
It was generally an okay place to work. However, the work hours were not consistent in the time I worked there.
Coworkers were friendly, though the work culture was all around grumpy.

I personally found the projects disorganized, but that could also be attributed to short time I worked there.