Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews

Canada81 reviews
Qualified and honest , very skilled hands
Reliable, good work ethics, good English .good at math .skilled hands, healthy and strong, drivers license with transport, team leader . Hard working, honest and always on time
Terrible workplace
This place has got to be the most miserable place to work in Guelph. Co-workers treat you less than garbage when you have to wear their stupid yellow hat while your on your probationary period. Constant humiliation is common place over the radio that you must wear to communicate with co-workers for doing your job, which they rarely use unless its to make derogatory comments about basically everything but work. If you are part of their union you can get away with anything. Supervisors and management are a complete joke and barely give you any training. I worked there for 88 days and two days before I would be hired full time, they terminated me. I would not recommend this place to anyone. If you know someone in management or someone in their union it might be different.
Pros
Bus route
Cons
management, terrible union, rotating shifts every week, rude co-workers.
Excellente entreprise
Belle endroit pour apprendre de nouvelles choses ...
Go back to The U.S
This is Canada, if you don’t like the laws we have in place here then don’t come open up a business here. Follow the same rules and regulations as the city you’re in. Simple. Nobody wants to work for a bunch of squares.
Great job and amazing people.
Great place to work. Co-workers and superior are amazing people, friendly work environment. Opportunity for self-improvement. Benefits like medical care and sport card included.
best company i ever worked for
this company is all about safety and making sure everybody is safe there are very professional and have tons of smart and qualified people working with them
Average
They are competitive they have a lot of different jobs they will keep you busy from mill shutt downs to construction cleans and I do believe some
Welding jobs
I loved west rock
They are great. Really enjoyed workibg shutdowns and such with the company. Management has always shown employees with gratefulness fun atmosphere. I would definitely work for west rock again
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Westrock?
Exciting rewarding fast paced production facility, that frequently rewarded jobs well done.
Being part of the management team at Westrock was challenging and rewarding during my years of employment.
The hardest part of the job was being able to accurately diagnose complex mechanical/electrical problems on high speed production machinery.
worst job i have ever had
i never got the right training. people were lazy. i would not recommend to any one working at westrock. id rather work for government. this was by far the worst job experience i have ever done and i need to delete from my resume asap!
US management is incompetent. HR management in Mississauga is very unorganized.and unprofessional. Common courtesy to reply to staff.
Westrock does not care about their Canadian employees. This US centric company is all about the bottom line and has no compassion for staff who worked for the company for years. After being laid off they promised to place people in jobs but when several of the team called HR in Mississauga Ontario the HR department did not even have the decency to reply.

I
Shift work
I got hired through a temp agency and didn't know much about company procedures. They showed me around and the next day I was on the grind. It was a humid environment, lots of grunt work. Our job was to print beer/cold drink boxes and stack them onto pallets along with trash disposal and clean up. Often times the conveyer belt would get jammed, or the copy machines wouldn't print right. Other than that it was pretty repetitive.
Bad atmosphere!
Too many Chiefs not enough Indians. Nobody will listen to Good ideas? It's pathetic really bad.Not appreciated for all you do, terrible management, people steal your lunches yeah it's a regular thing lol don't leave your lunch in the fridge it will get stolen
Great place, would return!
Great place to work.sad to get laid off due to lost contracts.Would tell friends and family to try and get a job with them if their future improves with the economy.
Safety Oriented and Engaged
I was impressed with the frequency and thoroughness of weekly team meetings. Topics discussed ranged from safety issues to work anniversaries to production planning. Management was keen to connect with teams to improve processes and encourage safety improvements.
People working with us is very good and we enjoy working there.
Its good to work in this company, as it helps to develop the ability to work in fast pace environment. the only thing I hate is the job is not secure.
Worked as Packaging Worker at the cosmetic products manufacturing company
I like working environment, good supervisor, and great team.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to be a part of the team. It was a great experience to work at the cosmetics manufacturing company, to learn about business strategy and product design.
Amazing company to work for
I have been working in the industry for 10 years and absolutely love my job here at milton westrock the employees are awesome and the supervisors alwasy have your back!
Pros
Great pay amazing culture
Cons
May not want to go home
Warehouse job
Long hours and it is very hot inside the warehouse. The pay is very good and might honestly be worth it if you need that summer money. Hours are gauranteed with OT available.
Pire environnement de travail
J'ai travaillé là pour 6 mois et c'était une expérience absolument désagréable. Environnement bourré de négativité. Aucune emphatie envers les travailleurs. Je déconseille fortement.
Pros
Rien
Cons
Horaire instable, gens malheureux, aucun esprit d'équipe, malpropre, très bruyant, travail fastidieux, aucun avancement de carrière.
Good Pay
Good Pay. Good group of guys to work with. Issues over the years with management. Nobody on same page. Job was not physically demanding but 12hr continental shifts are difficult.
Pros
pay
Cons
job security...long haul