Weston Forest

Weston Forest Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Company is looking to grow.
There are a lot of young people working at the company

The company gives employees the freedom to do their jobs.

There are a lot of opportunities for new people at Weston Forest
Pros
Trusting
Cons
Awesome group of people to work for. I enjoyed my time there learned alot about lumber. I worked there a long time made life long friends after all these years I still have contact alot of them.
Most of the employees have been there for most of their adult lives...and it shows. Company culture is awkward and forced. So many head bosses, you do not know which person is in charge.

The worst part for me is the way they are not accommodating and welcoming to new employees. It is very hard to be accepting of others when everyone has worked there for 10 years.

I know it sounds strange, and you would think that working somewhere for a long time is a good thing...but you know that ONE guy at your job that's been there forever, and he does nothing because he isn't going anywhere? That's this whole company.
Weston Forest is a good company to work for, minding the Operations Manager who is young and inexperienced and makes poor decisions for the company on a whole. Executive level management are always willing to talk with employees to find a solution for your issues.
Pros
Occasional paid for outings by company to break boredom of the job.
Cons
Mill Operations Manager - has his own agenda
It is a fast paced work environment. I've learned a lot with regards to shipping and operations of the company. The management is fine, until the changing of personnel. It is given that when you work in the warehouse, you hear cursing and unpleasant language, but I just don't do the same.The hardest part is to learn the different types of lumber (i.e. treated, size and dimensions, etc.). I enjoyed being there because of the knowledge I am learning. Time is short because of the demand of the job to be more flexible and quick.
Pros
Free coffee and occassional pizzas and lunch.
Cons
N/a
Great place. Market conditions caused company to reduce staff significantly. Enjoyed working there, good people and management. family oriented enviroment
Weston forest has flexible hours, I like working at Weston forest

its fund place to work, they provide career

opportunity to grow in different field
High volume of work both paper and computer. Sales people are great to work for and everyone is always there to assist if you need help.
Lots of "perks" like lunches and parties. Birthdays are recognized with a cake and card and every Christmas there is a party for staff and spouses.

Overtime is only when necessary.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
Sometimes hetic
days start with pulling orders for following day, and loading trucks for deliveries going out current day. Management is fair and willing to help you resolve issues if any complications arise while carrying out tasks to be completed. Co-workers are easy going and willing to help each other to increase efficiency. most enjoyable part of the job is to have the freedom to complete tasks with little supervision, i feel this reduces the stress of daily nuances.
A typical day at work would be data entry, coding invoices and completing cheque requests.

Everyday I learn something new. Right now, we are going paperless. Therefore, learning new programs and how to get work done efficiently with new short cuts.

My co-workers are amazing, they are like my second family. The hardest part about my job is having to cover people while they are away and not being fully trained as to what they do. The most enjoyble part is working with great people who support one an other.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Weston Forest?
this is a good place to work for but no advancement opportunity
the people are great and friendly

you will be offloading trucks ,trains,and loading trucks and there is a mill as well and you have to deal with all the elements of nature
Pros
able to work as much as you want
Cons
dont pay enough
loading and off loading lumber from flatbed trailers,putting product in its proper location
off loading railcars

picking orders
Pros
outside environment
Cons
dust and lots of potholes