Weston Forest Employee Reviews

3.5Pay & Benefits
Productive and fun company to be in.
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 October 2018
It is a fast paced work environment. I've learned a lot with regards to shipping and operations of the company. The management is fine, until the changing of personnel. It is given that when you work in the warehouse, you hear cursing and unpleasant language, but I just don't do the same.The hardest part is to learn the different types of lumber (i.e. treated, size and dimensions, etc.). I enjoyed being there because of the knowledge I am learning. Time is short because of the demand of the job to be more flexible and quick.
Pros
Free coffee and occassional pizzas and lunch.
Cons
N/a
productive work place
Senior Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2017
Great place. Market conditions caused company to reduce staff significantly. Enjoyed working there, good people and management. family oriented enviroment
flexible hours, fun place to work give an opportunity to grow
Accounts Payable/ Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Weston forest has flexible hours, I like working at Weston forest

its fund place to work, they provide career

opportunity to grow in different field
Fast paced, fun place to work
North American Sales/Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Weston Forest Products13 March 2017
High volume of work both paper and computer. Sales people are great to work for and everyone is always there to assist if you need help.
Lots of "perks" like lunches and parties. Birthdays are recognized with a cake and card and every Christmas there is a party for staff and spouses.
Overtime is only when necessary.
Pros
Excellent environment
Cons
Sometimes hetic
open work environment
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 November 2016
days start with pulling orders for following day, and loading trucks for deliveries going out current day. Management is fair and willing to help you resolve issues if any complications arise while carrying out tasks to be completed. Co-workers are easy going and willing to help each other to increase efficiency. most enjoyable part of the job is to have the freedom to complete tasks with little supervision, i feel this reduces the stress of daily nuances.
Productive and family oriented
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 March 2016
A typical day at work would be data entry, coding invoices and completing cheque requests.

Everyday I learn something new. Right now, we are going paperless. Therefore, learning new programs and how to get work done efficiently with new short cuts.

My co-workers are amazing, they are like my second family. The hardest part about my job is having to cover people while they are away and not being fully trained as to what they do. The most enjoyble part is working with great people who support one an other.
not bad to work for
Senior Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 August 2015
this is a good place to work for but no advancement opportunity
the people are great and friendly
you will be offloading trucks ,trains,and loading trucks and there is a mill as well and you have to deal with all the elements of nature
Pros
able to work as much as you want
Cons
dont pay enough
co- workers informative and stress free.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  mississauga15 May 2012
loading and off loading lumber from flatbed trailers,putting product in its proper location
off loading railcars
picking orders
Pros
outside environment
Cons
dust and lots of potholes