Weston Foods

Weston Foods Pay & benefits reviews

I have worked for Weston Foods part time now for the better part of 5 years. I can tell you right now that management is great, they are extremely helpful and would give you the shirt off their backs, but that's where the good things about this company ends. There is absolutely no growth or job advancement here. You can make lateral moves between departments and maybe make a few dollars per hour more, but that's it. All the salary or positions with more responsibility are posted for outside hires despite having bright people and post secondary educated employees working here. Partly to blame is the continually worsening collective agreements that just take the life out of the place. New hires can never make the amount of the people who have been here 10+ years because of the wage caps, so while you may be doing the exact same job, you can never make as much as the guy beside you most likely. I have worked in production, sanitation and maintenance and am probably one of the best/most diversely trained employees here, but they're just going to let me walk out the door when the time comes. The turnover is a little ridiculous for all the departments and the wages are low so it's hard to keep the talented people that work hard and that want to work. It's just sad for me to write this because I do like this place, but it has been proven to me time and again, that there is no future here.
Pros
Free Bread, Flexible Hours, Good Management, Good Area
Cons
Zero Growth Opportunities, Zero Raises, High Turnover
the job was ok but learning new skills was not available always shortage of work and were called in when needed im looking for fulltime and overtime work
Pros
free coffee on tuesdays
Cons
could not give them all my experience
Working in a 2 big machines and making a lot of Breads...In summer time it's really hot and we are working to busy.
Pros
free launches
Cons
Working online at this facility becomes stressfull if you are new due to deadlines and pace.My experience as a new worker wasnt at all pleasant due to gossip and eye-rolling from other employees.Sanitation was a good job but at a super fast pace since they wanted to stay haccap approved but once you had a routine it became easy at a consistent pace.I enjoyed the Sanitation Job.
Pros
union/raises
Cons
gossip, rotating shift work, hot environment, fast pace