Weston Foods

Weston Foods Pay & benefits reviews

I have worked for Weston Foods part time now for the better part of 5 years. I can tell you right now that management is great, they are extremely helpful and would give you the shirt off their backs, but that's where the good things about this company ends. There is absolutely no growth or job advancement here. You can make lateral moves between departments and maybe make a few dollars per hour more, but that's it. All the salary or positions with more responsibility are posted for outside hires despite having bright people and post secondary educated employees working here. Partly to blame is the continually worsening collective agreements that just take the life out of the place. New hires can never make the amount of the people who have been here 10+ years because of the wage caps, so while you may be doing the exact same job, you can never make as much as the guy beside you most likely. I have worked in production, sanitation and maintenance and am probably one of the best/most diversely trained employees here, but they're just going to let me walk out the door when the time comes. The turnover is a little ridiculous for all the departments and the wages are low so it's hard to keep the talented people that work hard and that want to work. It's just sad for me to write this because I do like this place, but it has been proven to me time and again, that there is no future here.
Pros
Free Bread, Flexible Hours, Good Management, Good Area
Cons
Zero Growth Opportunities, Zero Raises, High Turnover
it is a good place to work good salary and a good management. flexible shifts and bonus money for good performance. good team leaders and co-workers. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
flexible time good salary
Cons
various jobs to do
Une carrière avec Ace est envisageable, salaire très bon, bonne ambiance de travail.
people are always happy hot place in summer they give gatorade they give extra break if to hot inside the plant free lunch no downtime and loss time accident
Pros
tim hortons
Cons
12 hours
The Company i work with is good.The new owner which is Westone Group is very positive that sets a good culture. The support I received from the management surpassed anyhting I could have expected which has been valuable and they are supportive. It helps me personally to be more productive in my life. The workplce is fine,safe and comfortable.
Pros
The Benefits is good
Cons
There is no shifting schedule.
no communication, advancement, benefits or job security. The owner of the route had too much power and used it poorly. he did very little work and took credit for his staffs work ethic.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
long hours, no benefits
I personally really liked working at Weston Foods. It was a decent job with decent people. My only complaint is how they pay there employees. I don't think temporary workers should get paid the same or more than the actual employees. I feel it is because of their wages that they have an inability to keep employees.
cost control is the key many talented people to work with large company benefit and salary are below average heavy workload somtimes stressful management team is good
Terrible company to work for , treat their employees like slaves , very rude and disrespectful and the working conditions in Kitchener are terible , noisy , hot and messed up shifts . You do not want to work in management as they will use you and not compensate you , as for this position - who wants to work every Friday night for the rest of your career at straight time with not support
Cons
Long hours with no compensation, hot, dirty, unappreciated
its really very good experience to work here i enjoyed it with loving employees and very good environment plus giving good benifits. i would like to rec-command it.
Weston Bakery Brampton is very good for international student as they can work there during part time.weston has good working environment with good heigene. Employees are too good and supportive. I love to work in weston.
Pros
Enjoy Free pies sample there and take home pies.
Cons
Good job with decent pay to load and unload skids of bread onto and off of trucks. Good group of employees and management make a daily job fun and worthwhile.
This company demands long hours of hard work, pays below the industry, although benefits are ok. Life balance can be hard to find here as they require to work during the weekends sometimes.
Pros
Good pay overall
Cons
Work days
Great pay for a student and flexible hours. A lot of hours in the summer, 24 and less in the winter. This is not a place to find full time work.
Pros
Good guys
Cons
Terrible management
The workplace is very good and co-workers very nice ,Machine and operating system are progressive .Cons's the job pay a solid middle class wage and always long hours .
Pros
pay lunches
Cons
A good starting point for some careers. Hard physically demanding. Some workers skate by as the work force is weak right now also long term workers skate by. The heat in the summer is very bad. Most employees are a pleasure to work with. Upper management is numbers driven and it shows.
Pros
An average wage with good benefits.
Cons
Long hours and plenty of favourtism.
its a very demanding job lots of standing the co-workers are really nice i get to talk to them everyday and the supervisor are nice people as well i enjoy working there but the pay is too little and i don't get many hours
the pay is accurate for the job but the hours expected for the job and the environment is uncomfortable at times learned about qulity controls and HACCP coworkers are good as well as the management hardest part are the 15-16 hour shifts
Pros
good pay
Cons
Long unpredictable hours
Fast paced so day goes by quickly. Learned how to be a Jr. Route Audit Clerk. Management was quick to recognize skills and assets and reward me for them. Co-workers were professional, friendly, hardworking, and helpful. Hardest part of the job was upper management's need to micro manage, and the distance to travel to work (4hrs/day). The most enjoyable part was the ability to adjust work hours by an hr or two, as long as 8 hrs were put in per day. Also the manager and my department were a pleasure to work with. Benefits package, and room for advancement in terms of salary and incentives was a huge motivator and a bonus.
Pros
Ability to break up breaks i.e 15 min break divided into 2 or work through lunch and go home early.
Cons
Distance, upper management's need to micro manage
Weston Bakeries is one of the big organisations in Canada. they have many big sister companies like Loblaw's' etc. Since our products made in the facility had very minimum profit margin, the company could not offered to pay the salary and benefits what other market leaders can offer.
the job was ok but learning new skills was not available always shortage of work and were called in when needed im looking for fulltime and overtime work
Pros
free coffee on tuesdays
Cons
could not give them all my experience