Weston Foods

Weston Foods Pay & benefits reviews

Canada204 reviews
Worked there for a short period of 9 months after my Level 1 pre - employment training . That time they did not provide tools to work, so had to buy all tools, and even drill bits had to bring from home! The pay rate was so low($15/hour at start, and $1 rise after few months), so haven't think twice to leave this place for a better pay. Learn there a lot, work need to be done quick, follow GMP and safety rules.
I enjoyed working at Weston foods. It’s a workplace best if you are looking to work in a team and individually as well. Good pay and staff. Supportive management staff and plant Manager is very nice.
Its hot n hot wet if your not looking for a job that's gonna kill you this jobs not for you good cash tho. If I could of had my job back after I got thru my sick time I might have but the poeple there n stress wasnt worth it I could of went back but never did
excellent working hours with good pay without any disturbance. gave flexible working hours without any restrictions. no extra pressure on employees. overall best.
Constant internal change management is a challenge. Highly results driven culture. Firm commitment to company values reinforced throughout organization. Great benefits.
Work was good. Most of the people were friendly. Don't discuss politics because there a couple of people that will go off in a ranting. Problem was that when they ran out of work I was laid off (without financial compensation) because I had been there for less than 1 year.
Pros
Friendly People, Get a paycheck
Cons
Work is as needed
good people good people, easy work, easy work, equal pay equal pay, and that is about all i have to say on that to get to the 150 characters that is need to complete
I liked working at this place during high school summer breaks. It was my first job. It was my first cheque that I ever made and the people were nice there.
In my short amount of time at Weston foods Maplehurst Bakeries I have had a tremendous amount of fun. The culture and people are one of the best qualities of the bakery. I feel rewarded to earn my experience in the fields they have trained me in. and would stay for it not time for my economic standing to increase. Over all this is a great place to learn good workplace habits as the staff and management will assist in the necessary protocols in a factory environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Weston Foods?
we are working in a team work. when we start work make a plan what to do , with the time frame.Good management team they know about the employee requirement.
Pros
summer party, winter party
Cons
Very little training , exspect alot for the wages they pay and they will take your weekends at will , when production calls for it ,your working it regardless of home life or plans.

Will give you a wed or thurs off and reschedule you back in on a friday or saturday just so they dont have to pay overtime because your still under the 37.5 hour workweek - disgusting !!!!

Oh yea , NO PAID LUNCHES !!!

If they need you in on weekend at least pay for it Weston's !!!

Nice people to work with though
Pros
Wages
Cons
no work to life balance - good luck with that
The best place to work because good and friendly staff and it opens for 24 hours so there are many shifts for work at you availability. I like that place very much and I learned many things after working at Weston Foods.
Pros
Many shifts for work
Having worked in the majority of manufacturing positions at Weston (Machine Operator, Mixer, Sanitation/Operation Help), they are all similar because they all suffer from the repetitiveness/same routine problem that comes alongside all factory work. However your manufacturing position will dictate how much pressure and stress you feel while working on the floor with stress levels varying from person to person depending on how production is going.

The nature of the work is definitely not for everyone as you will get dirty (but the company supplies uniforms to each employee). The work can be physical and fast paced but is not a problem as long as you use proper communication and teamwork to get the job done.

Despite being unionized, pay and benefits are rated below average to mediocre for newer employees. At the time of this review, the wage progression for new employees is also very slow and lengthy due to the outdated union contract which causes significant turnover rate. However job security is good and lots of extra money is made through overtime with a six day schedule being common.

In terms of workplace culture, your experience is largely determined by what you make of it. Management and supervisors can be hit or miss depending on your own experience, concerns and interactions. You will generally be left alone if you just do your job. However the co-workers here are the defining part of the environment and culture. From all the years working here, the co-workers here are a very tight-knit group of people and will feel a lot like family. As a whole, they were willing
 - more...
Pros
Very good and fun co-workers, Potlucks and celebrations, lots of overtime
Cons
Starting pay and wage progression, long hours, you will feel the pressure from management and supervisors
No work/life balance. Schedule changes anytime and getting pulled into meetings that are in your personal time. Lot of politics among the management. Employees on the floor are fun to work with and only means of support you can get. Salary is okay compare to responsibility. Lot of manual work and no proper guidelines for training.
Pros
Tried to find one
Cons
no work/life balance
Cet emploi était super intéressant mais malheureusement seulement 2 jours par semaine.
Pros
salaire-avantages sociaux
Cons
temps partiel
I was a temp here and the work was pretty easy. short days but long amounts of standing and repetition. It can get pretty mind numbing after a while..
Pros
easy
Cons
repetitive
Good manufacturing plant. I really learned a lot about the food manufacturing process. I found out there is a lot safety involved in the food industry.
Pros
good people
Cons
Tres agreable de travaille comme commis de planche et de travaille en equipe et d apprendre de nouvelle responsabilite comme assistante gerante. Et le plus difficile c est de prendre la gerance sans connaitre trop ce que sa impliquait.
Pros
pains gratuits
Cons
pas aucune assurence.
it was good to travel island and meet new customers
company car

company phone

company gas card

no out of pocket expenses

long road trips to cover island
it is a good place to work good salary and a good management. flexible shifts and bonus money for good performance. good team leaders and co-workers. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
flexible time good salary
Cons
various jobs to do
Une carrière avec Ace est envisageable, salaire très bon, bonne ambiance de travail.