Weston Foods

Weston Foods Employee Reviews for Shipper/Receiver

Its hot n hot wet if your not looking for a job that's gonna kill you this jobs not for you good cash tho. If I could of had my job back after I got thru my sick time I might have but the poeple there n stress wasnt worth it I could of went back but never did
Management was poor. Work life balance is horrible. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people that work there, However, most of them are gone now after a extremely large lay-off that took place. People with as much as 10 years experience/seniority weren't even safe. I would imagine the facility will close within 2 years time. The only thing they have left is one line of production made up primarily of a specialty product that will no doubt be relocated elsewhere soon enough.
I really like to continue my job in Westonfoods, especially as a shipper because i really like challenging in my job. Safety is a key element that Westonfoods focus on this and there are lots of training that employee should be trained during the year.
i got hired and owrked there for lile 3 weeks and the reason i was laid off wqas due to unmet performance even though my performance score was average. they probbaly hired me because someone went on vacation
usually our job stats at 9pm on wards, ware house job, the hardest part is doing or un loading the bread manually from the truck,the enjoyable part is when our done with picking our orders.
Pros
they produce high quality of breads
Cons
great benifts
Great pay for a student and flexible hours. A lot of hours in the summer, 24 and less in the winter. This is not a place to find full time work.
Pros
Good guys
Cons
Terrible management