Weston Foods

Weston Foods Employee Reviews for Production Worker

assemply line of making many snacks, all in cdifferent areas throughout the plant, wearing protective to keep product from being contaminated. Lots of different areas to be located
Pros
repetitive job
Cons
assembly line
It was good being employee there. There was competitive environment and fast paced environment. Everyone is too busy in their production. Moreover quality matters as compared to quantity over there
From the time I.started working for the company I enjoyed who I worked for. They had competitive wages and good benefit packages. My coworkers and I got along for the most part of my time I was employed there.
Your just a number to fill a space . They brought bus loads of temp help in from oakville toronto. What more can I say the top agency didnt even tell you that you were not needed any more , no more hours were sent to you
i learned how to sufficiently and effectively work. i learned to be independent and passionate about my work. The management is always helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere.
it is a good place to work good salary and a good management. flexible shifts and bonus money for good performance. good team leaders and co-workers. I enjoyed working here.
Pros
flexible time good salary
Cons
various jobs to do
Great coworkers. Helpful and friendly. Regularly lose hours if working afternoon shift. Send people home early. Jobs aren't difficult but standing in one spot can be back breaking. Lots of hurry up to get done but lots of waiting and pretending to be busy when lines go down. High turnover and no job security as a temp employee. Bottom line is that it's a job that anyone can do. Pay isn't great but there are opportunities to develop production skills
Pros
Hours can be flexible as a temp. Good coworkers
Cons
Shortened shifts. Low pay. Autumn layoffs
My typical day of work was rather tedious. Line workers begin by reviewing a sheet that dictates which production line they will be working on that day (since there are multiple ones) and depending on where you're place will decide what commands you will be carrying out by your line operator. This includes operating small line machinery. For example is you're on the packaging line, you will have to operate a bar code device, a taper or the wrapping machine.
Pros
A steady paycheck
Cons
Community is not great
You came in, did your work and you were awarded for hard work. The culture was friendly and helpful such as the people in the easier jobs (with seniority) would come and relieve you so you weren't working so hard. I found them to be considerate and helpful. Management was accessible and easy to talk to. Unfortunately, they are closing this plant down and stopped calling the summer staff back.
Pros
Great work day with lots of friendly people
Cons
standing doing repetitive work for 8-12 hours
I would like to part of this excellent company and I will do my best to keep those stars shine. I will work hard to bring more success forever. I will love to part of this company.