Weston Foods
Weston Foods Employee Review

Fast paced environment

15 January 2020
Constant internal change management is a challenge. Highly results driven culture. Firm commitment to company values reinforced throughout organization. Great benefits.
2.0Job security/advancement
3 November 2020
Corporate Food Safety Auditor (Former Employee) - Mississauga, ON
I realy enjoyed working with Weston Foods becuase as a Supplier Food Safety Auditor I was being exposed to various food manufacturing facilities, therefore, I had the chance to review numerous food safety management systems and variety of food manufacturing processes. This not only had given me the chance to put my experience and knowledge in practice, but also provided me with a valuable ground of learning.
17 October 2020
Same location
Packer Palletizer (Former Employee) - 580 Secretariat Ct, Mississauga, ON L5S 2A5
The best managers and co-working are amazing. The workplace is so safe and comfortable. The job is not to difficult and the employees there were very nice and kind.
3 October 2020
Part Time Factory Worker (Current Employee) - Mississauga, ON
I have worked for Weston Foods part time now for the better part of 5 years. I can tell you right now that management is great, they are extremely helpful and would give you the shirt off their backs, but that's where the good things about this company ends. There is absolutely no growth or job advancement here. You can make lateral moves between departments and maybe make a few dollars per hour more, but that's it. All the salary or positions with more responsibility are posted for outside hires despite having bright people and post secondary educated employees working here. Partly to blame is the continually worsening collective agreements that just take the life out of the place. New hires can never make the amount of the people who have been here 10+ years because of the wage caps, so while you may be doing the exact same job, you can never make as much as the guy beside you most likely. I have worked in production, sanitation and maintenance and am probably one of the best/most diversely trained employees here, but they're just going to let me walk out the door when the time comes. The turnover is a little ridiculous for all the departments and the wages are low so it's hard to keep the talented people that work hard and that want to work. It's just sad for me to write this because I do like this place, but it has been proven to me time and again, that there is no future here.
Pros
Free Bread, Flexible Hours, Good Management, Good Area
Cons
Zero Growth Opportunities, Zero Raises, High Turnover
  1. Fast paced environment