Weston Foods
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

Weston Foods Employee Reviews

Canada236 reviews

Great people

There has been real emphasis on team building in the last couple of years the end result had been a close knit team who look out for each other. The work is tough and there are many challenges but from my experience people are willing to help you every step of the way.

Not worth it, ok

Good luck , hopefully with the new management they will see how bad it was. I was food and safety technician. I had to make a complaint to the proper authorities.

Insights into Weston Foods

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility

Bonne job

Je recommande cette entreprise pour la superbe communication entre les employés et les employeurs

Lackluster Leadership

Poor project and objective prioritization - Senior Leadership unqualified for their roles (inexperience with leadership and driving sales). Month over month significant sales losts, and therefore poor company performance. Below average Bonus Remuneration (typically none for previous 4 years & minimal 1.5% salary increases Y0Y.

Fun and challenging environment.

Been working here for 6 mos and I'm Happy to work here. Everyday work is challenging...light work but sometimes stressful too depending on how you managed it. People are friendly..although few are also mean but the company do not tolerate that kind of attitude.

Pros

Light work...especially for women.

Cons

Boring sometimes...

It has been almost two years with this company. It has good wage, also pays for overtime, gives employee benefits.It has flexible schedule. Also gives vacation every year.

Fun and productive workplace. Enjoyed working there as a baker.

Good place to work and competitive place. Friendly culture, workplace is diverse and all the employees help each other. Supervisors and lead hands are helpful and cooperative.

Pros

Good benefits. Paid lunches

Cons

A real good place to work time.People are friendly and they support each other.Fast-paced work and the temp is low at times.you can be assigned to either the packaging area or the mixing area.The mixing area has higher pay.

Poor Manager

Very Bad Manager, People are not nice. Be careful to work in there. They push the newer in their team. some time let you work long time without pay. I don't recommend this company

Interesting place

My job was straightforward and simple.These are things I've noticed along the way.1.Training is a joke. My first week on my schedule it said "training" but training was me observing and asking helpful co-workers for answers. There was no one designated to train me.There's literally nothing to my job BUT there will be bumps along the way that can make things inconvenient.Boxes go through machines to be taped.Sometimes it'll get stuck, and tape or labels will run out. I was never told where to get certain items such as tape or labels to replace them in the beginning. To this day I still don't know how to change labels. The machines continue to run so even if someone is changing labels my attention will be elsewhere. 2. Often times they'll tell you do somethings that they've never showed you and they'll have the audacity to get annoyed for the lack of "training" you've yet to receive (I'd like to believe the annoyance is directed at the situation at hand as I can understand having the same problem re occur can be exhausting on their end).This results in them getting someone else to do it and continuing the problem in the future.Again I'll give them credit, managers and supervisors probably see a ton of faces, we're all dressed the same and it's pretty loud, but again lack of training and communication is the problem.a) Putting boxes in a machine is an easy task. When a box gets stuck and stops it and no one ever told you how to restart the machine it becomes less easy.b) there's multiple conveyors with there own number... when you're told to go to one and you -

Cons

Waste of bread, Lack of communication

Poorly managed, poorly maintained facility.

Poorly managed operation with little to no attention given to maintaining the equipment, just run it until it breaks and then demand to know how long it will take to make the necessary repairs. Maintenance workers try to keep the plant running but have to due so on a shoe string budget.

Pros

cheap bread products

Cons

everything else

Long hours and tedious work.

The actual salary that is offered to new employees is lower than what is advertised on their job offers on this website. When I applied, it was advertised as 17 to 18 $ an hour, but in reality it is closer to 16 $ an hour with a 0.80 surplus for night shifts. There are no benefits or vacation days granted to new employees, even after the initial three months. Only the long term employees who have been there for 5+ years get these benefits. The new hires are not considered full time, they are considered seasonal even when working full time shifts. There are also no possibilities of advancement/promotion at the factory. Teamwork is important for this job, but cooperation with colleagues is difficult because most people don't seem to care about hard work. The shifts are 12 hours long, and you get three 15 minute breaks (paid), and one 30 minute lunch (unpaid). Its very depressing and mindnumbing work. It is very loud in the factory because of the machinerie. The shifts are hard on the body because of the manual labor, but you get used to it after a few weeks.

Pros

long hours (3 days/week), Overtime available during Summer (Winter not so much)

Cons

No possibility of advancement, poor salary, poor work mentality from colleagues.

Be Careful

Even the company is good, but if the employees and supervisors are not well educated on 'fair treatment at work' , your employment is garbage. Find a work that will treat you as a family

Some people uou see meet and see daily are cool

Hard work.....repetition is an asset.Was on my own from 2am till 2pm at times.You can make certain days harder than others.Keeping your accounts happy is important

Pros

You can own

Cons

Long hours, truck repairs

Weston is not a good working place

I will never recommend to nobody to take a job at Weston!!! In my opinion after more then 11 years working for Weston the balance job and culture in the organization is very poor! High turnover for workers and management.

Benefits

Cons

Long hours and very poor management!

Good company secure job

Weston Foods is a good company to work for the benefits are competitive within the job market salary is fair. If you are looking to advance within the company their is opportunity.

Worst work environment

Met with work place accident of, which they did not care and forced to work, till I under went the surgery. And also forced to do regular duties during the period modified duties were recommended.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Best place to work

It’s clean the people are friendly and they got a great staff. Also great pay. It’s a great route so it’s easy to get to and from work. All in all it’s the best place I have ever worked

Fun time on work

Good work experience with Weston foods , I am to work with this company environment and salary both are very good . Staff also very helpful employees are having friendly nature

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

Great place to work and retire

It’s a great place to work the pay is good and benefits are great the management is amazing and very understanding when it comes to family and stuff happening at home. It is a family oriented company I would highly recommend working here.

Pros

Free bagels and employee lunches

Cons

6 day working week but still enjoy the extra money

I love working there

Mostly everyone is very helpful and appreciates questions. They teach you and make sure you know how to properly do your job. Very team oriented for the most part. Some of the workers that have been there a long time, can be un approachable, but in time they loosen up. Like all places, you have one or two workers that have been there a long time, that are more than willing to let new people do all the work, while they basically walk around and socialize, but it’s like that in a lot of places.I’ve been treated really well so far. I work hard, give a full days effort, and they appreciate that, and it shows.Advice? Yes. Show up for all your scheduled shifts, work, don’t stand around, learn as much as you can, and you’ll be fine.

Pros

Great environment for the most part, Free bread to take home. Two paid 20 minutes breaks (30 min lunch unpaid) supervisors that care

Cons

Some negative people that try to bring you down with their general miserable attitude.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weston Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement