Weston Foods Employee Reviews

oui tout a fait productif
Assistante gérante et gérante (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe, QC13 September 2018
Tres agreable de travaille comme commis de planche et de travaille en equipe et d apprendre de nouvelle responsabilite comme assistante gerante. Et le plus difficile c est de prendre la gerance sans connaitre trop ce que sa impliquait.
Pros
pains gratuits
Cons
pas aucune assurence.
Fast and precise
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2018
Working at the vary fast packaging lines,sometime it is hard but I was surrounded with a lot of good people,willing to offer anything they coul;d do getting the job done
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Very cold when you have to work in the freezer
Was okay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON29 July 2018
A lot of temps currently working there. I figured I'd be there a long time before getting hired permanent. Supervisors and lead hands were friendly. No scheduled breaks or lunch time due to being on an assembly line. Some down time while working on the assembly line due to project switching. Other than that, it was okay if you want an income.
Iga
Independant Distributor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 June 2018
I had a great experience with IGA. I learned much at my time there. There was a lot of continuous learning provided. The one downside at the time was that they were family owned businesses and there wasn't a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Lots of turnover
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 June 2018
Two years ago I would have given 4 stars. Hard to give a review now since there is so much turnover right now. I found it a hard environment unless you fit a certain profile. The offices are newly renovated. It has a good relationship with Loblaws for obvious reason.
Walked away
applicant (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON2 April 2018
OMG ... the stench! Well I guess a plus would be lost appetite & weight!

Scheduled for interview, got a number to call at the door, but no one answered the in-house door-phone nor the cell number I'd been given for someone to open and let us in.
5 employees came & went on their breaks and said "yep 😃" when we told them - so respect is obviously low on the priority list.

Once finally inside, the smell was even worse, turned my stomach!
3 guys were almost done filling out a wad of paperwork, we were given the same to do; they'd been there for 2 hours!
There were wayyy too many too-personal questions before an actual hire, incl. drivers license number! And signing an ok for someone else to drive me to a job site ... ?

We just looked at eachother and said "are you ok with all this?" after 3 pages out of 25+ ... and we left. A good thing, we made a new friend.

We'd have been hired by a temp company, paid less than company/factory employees (by $.50), but would also be the first to be let go during a cut-back. Been there, done that.
Pros
don't know
Cons
the stench! and respect.
Past employee in management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 January 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. Higher management does not care about the little people. They under pay their employees and over work them. Their culture is to curse and use obscene language towards their employees. No amount of money is worth working here, had to work without office supplies and bring my own to work while management is having expensive lunches. This company needs to review how their company is run by those they put in charge. Wake up!
Pros
Free food
Cons
poor pay, no work life balance, poor management
It's okay.
SHIPPER (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 December 2017
I personally really liked working at Weston Foods. It was a decent job with decent people. My only complaint is how they pay there employees. I don't think temporary workers should get paid the same or more than the actual employees. I feel it is because of their wages that they have an inability to keep employees.
manage like a patty shop
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
Not a good company to work with only are about production, and workers are pushed to the limit to achieve targets.The machine is old and as such lots of downtime.
Pros
Only prefer one race
Cons
management dont care about worker
good place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 November 2017
cost control is the key
many talented people to work with
large company
benefit and salary are below average
heavy workload somtimes stressful
management team is good
company is going through change
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2017
The work is great, lots of exposure to great technologies. can learn alot

Lots of opportunists to learn new things
long hours and micro Managment
no recognition

management curses all the time. jokes are very inappropriate and are very aggressive sometimes
A systematic culture driven to achieve metrics
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
Responsible to ensure all staff is in compliance with Health and Safety policies. Monitoring daily exception reports and always looking for contentious improvement to increase productivity and efficiency.

Super high energy and very passionate person, that quantifies all and drives a culture of Greatness. Root cause and corrective action motivated.
Pros
Product discount program
Cons
Not enough corporate support at the plant level
Kitchener facility a big dump , run down
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 July 2017
Terrible company to work for , treat their employees like slaves , very rude and disrespectful and the working conditions in Kitchener are terible , noisy , hot and messed up shifts . You do not want to work in management as they will use you and not compensate you , as for this position - who wants to work every Friday night for the rest of your career at straight time with not support
Cons
Long hours with no compensation, hot, dirty, unappreciated
amazing workplace
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ontario6 July 2017
its really very good experience to work here i enjoyed it with loving employees and very good environment plus giving good benifits. i would like to rec-command it.
Productive and fun workplace with great location
Procurement and IT Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2017
The offices are very comfortable and the people are extremely nice. The workplace culture is great and you receive free bread! I learned about product procurement.
Working review
Senior Systems Engineer / Architect (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2017
I had the opportunity to join this business as a technical consultant, for a few weeks, to identify the failing condition of their SAN & assist in the implementation of a new SAN. Upon completion of the SAN implementation I then was requested to build out a software testing environment and deploy software packaging technology using, newly acquired software and the Microsoft VMM environment which is still in use today.
Company is good, work culture is not..
QA (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
Not a great place to excel in career. The company is good. However, it is not the company but the culture which makes the difference. The people makes the work culture worst at Weston
weston foods is realy a good company
Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 December 2016
friendly environment.
everybody is co-operative and good nature.
my job responsibilities are not like a burden at me. I enjoy my work at Weston foods.
Many growth opportunities
Commercial Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 November 2016
You have the opportunity to grow in this company as there are many positions to move to across the different business units.
Nice place to work. No growth opportunity
Senior Programming Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2016
Nice place to work. Lot of time spending administration rather than actual work. No growth opportunity. Nice place to start your career. But to move further in career one must leave this place and search other opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weston Foods. Our community is ready to answer.