Weston Foods

Weston Foods Employee Reviews

Canada194 reviews
very productive environment
assemply line of making many snacks, all in cdifferent areas throughout the plant, wearing protective to keep product from being contaminated. Lots of different areas to be located
Pros
repetitive job
Cons
assembly line
Fast paced environment
Fast paced environment, little stressee, employees are very friendly. Attendance on shift time is very very important.
Organized place.safe . Have alot programs for the employees.
Productive place to work
The management and the staff were super friendly which helped adapt to my first year in Canada. I learned a lot about the Canadian style/way of food production which was an exhilarating experience.
I will definitely recommend working at Weston Foods to anyone.
Packaging, quality check
Scoring of bread, temperature check of the product, packaging the final product from the line, metal detector check, followed SOP, SSOP, GMP. Palletization.
Fast process and time sensitive product plant
Worked there for a short period of 9 months after my Level 1 pre - employment training . That time they did not provide tools to work, so had to buy all tools, and even drill bits had to bring from home! The pay rate was so low($15/hour at start, and $1 rise after few months), so haven't think twice to leave this place for a better pay. Learn there a lot, work need to be done quick, follow GMP and safety rules.
There alright busy job i definitely put my work in and liked it till i got sick
Its hot n hot wet if your not looking for a job that's gonna kill you this jobs not for you good cash tho. If I could of had my job back after I got thru my sick time I might have but the poeple there n stress wasnt worth it I could of went back but never did
A company with great potential
I strongly recommend that they promote from within. There are great potential within the coworker around. There should be a development structure to grow talents.
Too many people from the same family working there, too much clicks, favoritism
Working at Weston's Cobourg hasn't been great. It is a place that has a lot of people from the same families working there and also people who went to schools together, family friends etc
There is so much 'click' situations there and if you don't belong to a certain circle of clicks or friends, then you are out of things.

Some of the Supervisors are close friends with some employees and they always team up together against other employees if they don't like you for whatever reason.

Also Management seem to favor employees who are their family members or friends in almost every way. Such employees always have upper hands over others in many ways!

So many employees have been there for long not because they are happy there, but because it was just suitable for our families lives. We had to put up with situations just to get by!
A job to get used to. Be
Be prepared to work long hours. Continuous training and not regular weekends to begin with. Just pay attention to work and duties that have to be followed.pans
Filling orders and loading trucks to depart on time. I have learned a lot about managing people. Workplace was a unionized environment so there was always some disagreements between union and management that I had to deal with. Hardest part of my job was sustained a company budget and numbers. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting so many good people over 30 years and helping new employees become better workers.
I didn’t enjoy it very much
It was fast paced, a lot of moving around and hard lifting involved does not require much skill but requires intense energy and attention to detail. It’s also a collaborative work space.
Productive, fun and exciting!
A typical day as a Project Manager is managing the plan and resources and of course, troubleshooting where necessary. Busy place and lots to do so continuously had to switch my hat from Kronos PM to WD PM to Integrations PM.
This Company has to be the friendliest place and extremely supportive by my management. We had the ability to have fun as well as work hard.

Teamwork was key to the success of the team, but the SME's were extremely knowledgeable and did not hold back there needs or wants. The team was also very flexible and when the late hours were called for, there was not issues, more so, proud to continue working on the solutions and implementation.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
late hours and 3 implementations happening simultaneously.
fun
excellent working hours with good pay without any disturbance. gave flexible working hours without any restrictions. no extra pressure on employees. overall best.
stressful
Very unorganized,stressfull place to work.They take people for granted and play favorites.Closing the plant after thirty years.Very sad for the town.Hope something moves in.
Awesome
The work at this site is awesome everyone is helpful and managers and supervisors help everyone sometime there is lot of pressure of work but everyone handle it
Fast paced environment
Constant internal change management is a challenge. Highly results driven culture. Firm commitment to company values reinforced throughout organization. Great benefits.
I enjoyed my job for the most part
From the time I.started working for the company I enjoyed who I worked for. They had competitive wages and good benefit packages. My coworkers and I got along for the most part of my time I was employed there.
Good Work when Available
Work was good. Most of the people were friendly. Don't discuss politics because there a couple of people that will go off in a ranting. Problem was that when they ran out of work I was laid off (without financial compensation) because I had been there for less than 1 year.
Pros
Friendly People, Get a paycheck
Cons
Work is as needed
fast pace
good people good people, easy work, easy work, equal pay equal pay, and that is about all i have to say on that to get to the 150 characters that is need to complete
Not a good place
Management was horrible did not have a clue how to organize all he cares about is the title and having the power very racist and the union is ran by the company not the employees you pay alot of union dues for nothing yiu get nothing no protection no job security
Training is lacking
For a company the size of Weston Foods, they are extremely lacking in their training of their new hires. You have to learn as you go, and when you make mistakes, they chastise you and eventually let you go.
The plant is not properly maintained and sanitation is doing a poor job. It is supposed to be a "fragrance free" environment, but certain office staff, wear way too much cologne.