Westminster Savings Credit Union Employee Reviews

Old School Credit Union
Employee (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC24 April 2019
Good work life balance. This Credit Union is very much run in traditional banking way with finance leading all areas of the business. No vision to future and no desire to change. Can't seem to have an identity that makes it stand out against others.

If you want to sit back, make okay money, do very little and have no aspirations then this is a great place to work. If however you want to drive change, push a company to the future or create something unique then best look elsewhere.

Note: now HO is located in Whalley, Surrey
Westminister Savings Credit Union Review:
Personal Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC7 January 2019
WSCU was absolutely an amazing place to work at. My responsibilities at Westminster Savings included maintaining and growing my book of clients. I would provide investment advice to my clients and recommend investment purchases that i thought best fit their financial goals, but also keeping in mind the clients risk appetite. In addition i would also provide personal lending to my clients. Ie) customer would like to buy a house and requires a mortgage for the purchase. I would assess the clients borrowing credibility and total lending appetite to best determine what mortgage amount would best align to the customer financial standing. The best part of my job is helping my clients meet their financial goals. The management at WSCU was very responsive to help and feedback. I could not of asked for more from the management from WSCU.
Don't let the great stories fool you. It's not a great company from the top down.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC10 August 2017
Self-satisfying Executive , don't let them fool you with all their "caring". Too much favoritism. Too much old boys school - Execs making top dollar while the lowly workers make very little. Some of the key people on the HR team have lied to and about the staff, totally unprofessional and unqualified to be in their positions. Some people, who have been there too long, should leave.

Too many "Management" chiefs and not enough Indians to balance out a healthy company.

I would definitely NOT recommend working here.
Pros
Can't think of anything. Oh right, you get a free account.
Cons
Too many.
Warm and caring work environment
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC18 April 2017
Group meetings, management weekly one on one reviews. Great experience and team work within the branch. Culture of caring for people. Excellent training program.
Great socializing activities after work hours
Leasing Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC21 January 2016
A great place to work, everyone is friendly, and willing to help. It was a contract job, so was hoping to get a full time permanent job. There was no openings when my contract ended'
Pros
Free lunches and a great atmosphere
Cons
Super busy at of the month
Good Company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 October 2014
It was a good company to work. Good corporate culture and it took care of its employees.