Westminster Savings Credit Union
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Westminster Savings Credit Union Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Micro management. They watch over you and do not let you be creative. Work is contained " within the box". I had 2 good years with a new supervisor but she was transferred to another department. Back to the in the box mentality
Pros
Lifestyle balance
Cons
Micro managed
Good work life balance. This Credit Union is very much run in traditional banking way with finance leading all areas of the business. No vision to future and no desire to change. Can't seem to have an identity that makes it stand out against others.

If you want to sit back, make okay money, do very little and have no aspirations then this is a great place to work. If however you want to drive change, push a company to the future or create something unique then best look elsewhere.

Note: now HO is located in Whalley, Surrey
WSCU was absolutely an amazing place to work at. My responsibilities at Westminster Savings included maintaining and growing my book of clients. I would provide investment advice to my clients and recommend investment purchases that i thought best fit their financial goals, but also keeping in mind the clients risk appetite. In addition i would also provide personal lending to my clients. Ie) customer would like to buy a house and requires a mortgage for the purchase. I would assess the clients borrowing credibility and total lending appetite to best determine what mortgage amount would best align to the customer financial standing. The best part of my job is helping my clients meet their financial goals. The management at WSCU was very responsive to help and feedback. I could not of asked for more from the management from WSCU.
Self-satisfying Executive , don't let them fool you with all their "caring". Too much favoritism. Too much old boys school - Execs making top dollar while the lowly workers make very little. Some of the key people on the HR team have lied to and about the staff, totally unprofessional and unqualified to be in their positions. Some people, who have been there too long, should leave.

Too many "Management" chiefs and not enough Indians to balance out a healthy company.

I would definitely NOT recommend working here.
Pros
Can't think of anything. Oh right, you get a free account.
Cons
Too many.
Dealing with clients with their daily banking and answering any questions and requests dealing with financial situations.
Doing loan, mortgage, line of credit applications, epically loans and personal loans
Pros
Supportive management team
Cons
Stopped being abut clients and all about the numbers
Group meetings, management weekly one on one reviews. Great experience and team work within the branch. Culture of caring for people. Excellent training program.
A great place to work, everyone is friendly, and willing to help. It was a contract job, so was hoping to get a full time permanent job. There was no openings when my contract ended'
Pros
Free lunches and a great atmosphere
Cons
Super busy at of the month
It was a good company to work. Good corporate culture and it took care of its employees.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westminster Savings Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3