Westland Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Great Corporate Culture
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 April 2019
One of my favorite roles was at Westland. The corporate team was inviting and helped me grow into the position I wanted. Open door policy, fun Finance group!
Well run, friendly, team orientated organization
Senior Financial Accountant (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC2 August 2018
Previous company was purchased by Westland Insurance.
Staff are focused on results and getting the job done within a friendly, co-operative environment. With the Implementation of a new accounting software package, the Team members were enthusiastic and co-operative throughout the development and training phase. Always willing to help with the transition from the old accounting to the new package.Management is always approachable, friendly and helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the dedicated team members. The most difficult part of the job was the very long daily commute by car as transit to South Surrey was not an option.
Pros
Hard working, friendly and team oriented
Cons
Long commute
Super cool
Junior Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 July 2018
I had a super cool time working here. Insurance is super good for everyone to have. My house burned down and they gave me some insurance money to build a new one.
Overall a great career opportunities and benifits.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC4 July 2018
Westland has great career opportunities for all areas of a work place with in house training with Westland college.
I have been fortunate enough to have great managers and wonderful experiences of helping in other offices in total different areas. This has given different training opportunities as well.
There are great medical benifits and retirement benefits with Westland for full and part time employees.
There iare a lot of opportunities for everyone with a still growing company. I look forward to continue to grow with them.
Pros
Opportunity to learn/ promotions, benifits..
Cons
There can be long days.
Supportive Company
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC14 June 2018
Westland Insurance is a great company to work for regardless of where you are at in your career. I started out as a student (trainee), not knowing anything about the industry or insurance, and everyone at the office pitched in to help me learn and grow. Westland was also always accommodating to my constant change in school schedule while I completed my undergrad. I always felt very supported in the office that I worked at.
Well managed company & a great place to work
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC8 June 2018
Great place to work, lots of advancement opportunities and great management. Whether you do well there in long run depends on you, company pays for all continued education and training. I have worked at 3 different locations of Westland insurance in the past 8 years and my managers and coworkers were really supportive. A lot of other insurance companies pay commission but Westland doesn't so that's the main thing that some employees complain about but other companies might not be as flexible as Westland. If you are a single mother or have young kids, the management is very supportive and flexible with the hours you can work.
Well managed company
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC7 June 2018
Great place to work, lots of advancement opportunities and great management. Whether you do well there in long run depends on you, company pays for all continued education and training. I have worked at 3 different locations of Westland insurance in the past 8 years and my managers and coworkers are very supportive. A lot of other insurance companies pay commission but Westland doesn't so that's the main thing that some employees complain about but other companies might not be as flexible as Westland. If you are a single mother or have young kids, management is very supportive and flexible with the hours you can work.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
No commission
Great Company
Insurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 May 2018
Westland is a great company to work for. They offer a friendly work environment and support a good work life balance. Their in house training and their support of further education helps staff learn and advance within the organization.
Great place to start!
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC15 May 2018
If you are working in the branch as a storefront, you will have great training and get to feel what the industry is like. but limited promotion, not such a great pay/benefits. Definitely good place to start but not a good potential long-term career.
Low key, place to work long term
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 May 2018
They give you a decent amount of training and will advance you if they like you enough. A smaller company so there is a ton of gossip and not much stays private.
Has decent benefits, even for part-time associates.
good for temporary
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC27 April 2018
minimum pay, hard to move up, pretty good environment to work in. hard to train when its usually pretty busy..hard to ask for help as most agents are busy with other things
Chaotic Environment with little to no employee benefits
Drivers Licensing Representative (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC3 April 2018
I started out this job thinking it would be a great learning experience, but it ended up being an endless money pit as a commuted, paid for parking, paid for my own education, and had to buy lunches on numerous occasions due to the heavy volume of whistler commuters causing a delay in traffic. Management was chaotic, so much so that I missed my little cousins gradation because I was unable to get a day off of work.
Fantastic place to work
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 March 2018
This is a fast paced environment but also a lot of fun. The whole team is very supportive, both personally and professionally. You’ll enjoy going to work each day at Westland!
Fantastic culture, co-workers, and management
Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 March 2018
I would highly recommend working at Westland. The management in the Lethbridge branch is fantastic and supportive. Every member of the staff works as a team to help each other out and continue to learn and grow. You will never be bored in this very high paced work environment but still enjoy having evenings and weekends free. Having a healthy work/life balance is encouraged. The manager is approachable, empathetic, and has a great sense of humor that keeps the office lively. There are many staff members that have worked in the insurance industry for many years that are always more than willing to share their knowledge.
Fast Paced and fun
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 March 2018
The office is fast paced and sometimes hectic, there is not a lot of down time. We also have fun here, both at work and as team activities after work hours. Everyone here is happy to help each person further themselves and make them the best they can be. Coming to work is like coming to a second family. There is no lack of support.
Pros
Great People
ok
INSURANCE ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 February 2018
Insurance job that trains its employees without experience. Low salary high volume of clientele based on locations. Recommended for those looking to start in the insurance industry.
Supportive Culture and Growth Potential
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC27 January 2018
During my time at this branch of Westland Insurance there was a young team whom didn't quite have the best handle on their staff. I was used to a highly organized environment with a well defined standard of behavior and this was a bit too relaxed for me. This is no reflection on the company itself as a whole as they were very good, helpful, professional and had a great culture and support of their staff. I am sure much has changed as it has been 8 years since I have worked there.
Pros
Cons
Routine
Staff is friendly and helpful as your peers in a learning environment.
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC20 November 2017
This office went through significant changes since I have left the company. I felt the management at the time was very poor. The management and the hours of operation have since changed.
Pros
Annual Christmas party
Cons
They have since changed their hours, but I had to do alot of weekends and evening shifts.
Auto Plan Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 November 2017
Also a great place to work but within Westland there wasn't really room for advancement, so this made it difficult to reach career goals.
I found some of the staff very one sided, in ways that it showed that the team playing wasnt always 100%
Pros
good job
Cons
hours, personalities at times
Very large company
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 June 2017
smaller brokerages purchased and incorporate into Westland.
Offices all the same . No room for advancement. Location was good - new building nice. More of a call center now.
Pros
New equipment
Cons
Workload skewed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westland Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.