WestJet Airlines
Happiness score is 64 out of 100
View all WestJet Airlines reviews

WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines Employee Review

Meets my needs of work/life balance

From others it seems like experiences vary greatly depending on the position and department you are working in. I am blessed to be in the payment services department and have had a great experience thus far. I work a hybrid role, I work 4 days from home and 1 day in office. They have just updated their vacation policy to 3 weeks off per year to start as well as added paid personal/sick days for 2023. Benefits started right away. There is a 6 month probationary period which is longer then the usual 3 months. My first two weeks I trained in office which was very helpful, I felt supported by my management team the entire learning process. This company is always changing and growing and they do a great job of keeping the employees informed along the way with regular town hall meetings where anyone can ask the CEO's questions. The workload is large and stressful at times, but manageable.

Pros

Work from Home, Benefits, Flight Privilege's

Cons

Large Workload

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Stressful, not for everyone

If you survive the first couple months it’ll get better. Initial training is demanding and hard, but doable. Many procedures and ever changing policies

Caring, fun and interesting

Worked here for 10 years. Always felt appreciated and listened to. Lots of opportunities for growth within the company. Lots of peer and management support. Good training programs, health and flight benefits.
Same location

Good company but call centre job is terrible

This job position was the worst I've ever worked. The training is actually only 3 weeks, with 3 exams you have to pass at 85% or your fired. The training was so convoluted, fast pace and overwhelming. The actual system used to book customers is awful, it's as slow as a snail and for it being 2022 it seems this system was built in the ancient times. If the system wasn't so terrible, the job position would've been better. A proper booking system should be efficient for the employee to use, not an absolute headache and for the customer to not have to waste their time on the phone. I couldn't wrap my head around why a big company uses this clearly terrible system. Also, the actual job you are on the phones for 8 hours, phone rings within 1 second of the next one and you get in trouble if you use the washroom too much or you are late by a minute. In training you can't miss a day even if you are sick, they don't care. It felt like military style training for a job that only pays 2 dollars above minimum wage. The amount of work they require the call centre agents to handle is absolutely ludicrous for the wage. Now, I would recommend the company for its benefits/company culture but only with any other job position than this one.

Pros

work from home, computer provided

Cons

on phone all day, stressful, poor pay, bad training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare WestJet Airlines with

• WestJet Airlines
  • Meets my needs of work/life balance