WestJet Airlines Pay & Benefits reviews

Family environment with politics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2019
Like any big corporation it has politics and lots of them. Only people moving up are those that suck up to management, however the people you work with are incredible. The job itself is fast and not for everyone, changes everyday. It’s a great place to work.
Pros
Coworkers, flight benefits
Cons
Suck ups
Best job ever!
SSC (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 July 2019
I LOVE my job!!! At first I thought the training received wasn’t enough but it’s a learn on the job position. I work at the call centre and everyday there’s something new. The pay is good and travel privileges are awesome! Westjet lets me, my husband, children and parents travel on Premium if seats are available ❤️ Breaks are mandatory despite what other employees have said and the leader s are awesome
Meh
Customer Service Agent - Baggage (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2019
A job is a job, but this place sucks the life out of you. Super cheap, not willing to properly staff.. barely any management support for the operation... its ok but not a forever job
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
pay, hours, management. overworked, under appreciated.
I would rather work in a seafood plant!
SSA (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 July 2019
If it wasn’t for some amazing coworkers, I don’t know what culture westjet would have... being handed out a hand written warning that if I call in sick one more time, I would lose my job? OH AND I WAS PREGNANT!!!!!!! They try to bring you in their cult saying the “westjet we care” slogan, some rubbish that is ! Worked with them for 2 years, never once used my travel benefits as they don’t pay you for your hard work, and developed severe anxiety and depression from being monitored to the T by my former team Leader.
Pros
Cons
Every single thing
Productive and Fun
Guest Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2019
10.5 Hours Days - 4 days on with 3 off
Life Skills - how to be professional and be a true team play, as well as the attention to safety is remarkable.
Management - Overall Good
Hardest Part of the Job is the amount of emails that we receive.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people and the benefits and culture.
Pros
Flight Benifits
Cons
Long Hours, and Pay is not ideal for job that we do.
Hard work but worth it!
SSC customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 May 2019
Westjet is a great place to work. I admit I left for my own personal reasons. Only downside is the expectations are high and the hours are long. It is not for everyone but the people are fantastic. With the benefits offered it makes for a great opportunity to travel all over the world. If you decide to apply and I hope you do be aware it is hard work but well worth it.
Pros
Great Benefits and wonderful diversity
Cons
Long hours and high expectations
Fun to work but garbage pay and hours
Westjet Airlines TAC Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2019
Ramp Agent in westjet (TAC) Its a good place to work for awhile but nothing long term. The pay is drastically lower then other airlines for the physicality of work. They try to make up for it in benefits but a number of changes that have happened lately have made it less and less of good place to work
Hard Job to do
Super Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2019
I worked in the call centre and it was very tough to take call after call after call. you definitely feel like you are just a number. I would recommend it because you get to work from home. you do become isolated though.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
you are just a number
Minimum Wage job
Turn Around Crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2019
This job pays you $15/h with a rotating bidding 6 weeks schedule. which means you have to bid for a 6 weeks schedule not knowing when your'e going to work next month. Makes it very difficult to plan anything.

Yes they do offer cheap flights, however they don't pay you enough to be able to afford them. If you do end up going you have to find someone to cover your shifts, which is sometimes impossible.

TAC is truly a dead end job. Most people working there lack motivation to move up within the company or outside of TAC. They have become content.

The employees are a revolving door, one out 4 coming in.

One employee told me when I started "Minimum Wage= Minimum effort".
Pros
Cheap Flights
Cons
Minimum pay, schedule
Great flexibility
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2019
work schedule as a flight attendant is very flexible as you can choose pairing length between 1-5 days and bid for days off. as a mother, having the odd night away was a great benefit to come home feeling refreshed. flight benefits for parents and kids until they are 25 is also a great benefit
Pros
ability to choose work days and times
Cons
being away from home overnight is hard as a mother
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Calgary30 April 2019
Never should have left. Great culture, money was OK and benefits are fantastic. Lots of room to move around, up the ladder or just to another department to try something new.
Great people to work with
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2019
Westjet was a good company, but their hours did not align with my every day life. There was no room for moving up, with economy I’m guessing. I was unable to work weekends, and as part time, and the new restructuring of hours I would have to.
Flight benefits are nice but you don’t make enough money to use them.
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2019
Westjet is an employer that will work you into the ground for under industry wages. Yes you get the perks of flight benefits but good luck using them. The way they are positioning themselves as a global carrier makes it almost impossible to fly anywhere standby.
Pros
I don’t think there are pros anymore
Cons
Long hours, cold, exhausting, not rewarding in any sense, treated like a child.
great employees, nice work culture but overworked underpaid
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2019
good travel priviliges, good benefits, nice crews, free uniforms, management is nice for the most part

low pay, long hours, too many flights in one day
always working, not enough days off
WestJet is amazing company
SR QA (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2019
CEO is a cool and a seasoned veteran in aviation space.
They treat their employees well buddy passes are great.
IT department needs some work.
They should probably re employ canadians as there seems to be some disconnect with the offshore model.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
People do not get recognized after releases
Great Place To Work - Best Job I've Ever Had
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport4 April 2019
Typical work day includes providing world class guest service to the travelling public.

Great accessible hands on management on site.

Fabulous corporate culture.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult guests and handling re-accommodation situations when flights cancel etc.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
Pros
Travel Benefits and my co-workers.
Cons
Difficult guests
very fun
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2019
very fun but not best paid in industry must unionize asap best advice to be happy here very successful company should be paying INDUSTRY STABDARD AND FAIR CONTRACT
Pros
travel passes
Cons
non unionized
Amazing company
SSA agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 March 2019
Amazing co workers, great trainers, work from home great benefits, very poor pay, and if you have to take time for a sick family member, you have to resign from the company and good luck getting rehired god knows I tried I had to leave because my 15 year old had to go in the children's hospital because of Lupus and cancer, she is better now and I asked to come back because I love my job and they refused me. So not very sympathetic that way.
Pros
staff, work from home, benifits
Cons
Pay, Empathy or Sympathy from head office is not there
Fun place to work, but no life or money
Crew Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2019
Westjet has been the best place to find life long friends and laughs. But when it comes to working for them, kiss your social life outside of work goodbye. Compensation is horrible, so make sure you have a second job to work around a shift work schedule. There are no night premiums or any recognition for a job well done. Management has yes, done the job, been promoted, but lacking all managerial skills to run a successful department. If you want a job that is great as a resume builder, consider this company. Life long career path with Westjet will be hard to maintain!
Pros
Great people, stock options, flight benefits
Cons
Long Hours, underpaid, no night premium
stay away from here
Specialist I - Central Baggage Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2019
i wouldnt recommend this place to my enemy... stay away from here!
i have never, in my entire working life, been treated as poorly as i was working here for 9 years.
Pros
there was a time were this would of been Fligth Benefits
Cons
abuse, no work life balance, no culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.