WestJet Airlines Management reviews

Super sales agent
Sales Super Agent & Travel Agent Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2019
Excellent company . With excellent benefits. I can't say a bad word . Being a WestJetter is a way of life . Guess you can say I drank the koolaide lol
5-8 years ago
Super Sales Agent / WestJet Rewards Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2019
It was an awesome place. Now though, the culture is gone and no one cares except the ladder climbers. The profit share and OPA are pretty much non existent now.
Very fun place to work at
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2019
It is a great company, good management, and people are very nice to work with. They are very patient and understanding to your current situation. Always fun
Wonderful helpful training supervisor and staff
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE20 September 2019
I cant really give a fair assessment of the wages, vacation etc as i was only an OJT student at the time of my work there. I do note however, that the CEO of WestJet took the time to stop and talk to me and commend me on my performance while he was visiting YYG with his family
Seems good on surface but doesn’t care about employees
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2019
The best part about this job was the travel benefits and the fact that I had health and dental. Management doesn’t care about employees as people and will find anything to discipline you for if they’ve decided they don’t like you.
Fun workplace, poor management structure however.
Bagroom Ambassador/TAC Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2019
Get to work with tons of amazing people, get to work outdoors. Have to put up with an excess of middle management positions that make it difficult to realistically effect change.
Moral is Gone
TAC Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 August 2019
Was a great place to work until Upper Level Management began cutting and cutting, more and more work being added on but no increase in pay or benefits.
when you first start you think its great
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2019
when I first started at WestJet as a customer service agent I did love my job. fast-paced work environment, benefits were great and the people are what make it worth your while. I've been working for them for two and a half years in Toronto and man have things changed. management does absolutely nothing to help out there team, you are underpaid for the amount of work and stress that you deal with it a day and you're expected to stay late to the point where they don't even ask you. I believe that WestJet as a company overall is great but the Toronto base needs some help
Fun job but company needs WORK
Flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2019
Must be adaptable, flexible and have great social skills.
Rotating shift work and working with new crews all the time.
Great travel benefits and most people are friendly.
The company expects to be a world class airline but invests the minimum into its' employees and resources. Very cheap, constantly cost cutting but has high expectations which are not at all realistic. Very low pay.. company doesn't have their ducks in a row.. sometimes disorganized and inconsistent but expects front of line to be perfect. Upper management finds fault in what you do just so they can get rid of you if they are overstaffed- nature of the airline industry really.
Most enjoyable part of the job was that no two days were alike and that you had a good amount of control over your schedule over any other airline job.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
a lot of hours are unpaid
Family environment with politics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2019
Like any big corporation it has politics and lots of them. Only people moving up are those that suck up to management, however the people you work with are incredible. The job itself is fast and not for everyone, changes everyday. It’s a great place to work.
Pros
Coworkers, flight benefits
Cons
Suck ups
dishonest managers, long hours with no breaks, no respect, favoritism, "leaders" who deliberately set you up for failure
Crew Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2019
Minimal and inadequate training for the job expectations. Minimal pay for the job expectations. Work 10 and 12 hour shifts without a break. If you have time, filling a water bottle, heating food to bring back to the desk to eat as you work, and going to the washroom are permitted, but do NOT leave for a coffee or lunch break (unless you are one of the "favorites") and do NOT speak up about this. You are expected to show up 15 minutes prior to shift start time, you do not get paid for this time. Managers will be dishonest in the interview, hiring and training process, then you you get "on the desk" and get a huge wake up call (unless you are one of the "favorites"). Being set up for failure by the people who are supposed to be your leaders and your support (the chiefs) is extremely disheartening. The happy-go-lucky "owners" portrayed in the advertising for this company are nowhere to be found in this department. Many people who work on the same floor will not even make eye contact in the hall, stairway or parking lot. Most of them appear to be desperately unhappy in their jobs. I took a huge pay cut to go to this job because I believed it was an extremely positive environment. Now I am unemployed and broke, but at least I still have my sanity and my health.
Meh
Customer Service Agent - Baggage (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2019
A job is a job, but this place sucks the life out of you. Super cheap, not willing to properly staff.. barely any management support for the operation... its ok but not a forever job
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
pay, hours, management. overworked, under appreciated.
I would rather work in a seafood plant!
SSA (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 July 2019
If it wasn’t for some amazing coworkers, I don’t know what culture westjet would have... being handed out a hand written warning that if I call in sick one more time, I would lose my job? OH AND I WAS PREGNANT!!!!!!! They try to bring you in their cult saying the “westjet we care” slogan, some rubbish that is ! Worked with them for 2 years, never once used my travel benefits as they don’t pay you for your hard work, and developed severe anxiety and depression from being monitored to the T by my former team Leader.
Pros
Cons
Every single thing
Productive and Fun
Guest Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2019
10.5 Hours Days - 4 days on with 3 off
Life Skills - how to be professional and be a true team play, as well as the attention to safety is remarkable.
Management - Overall Good
Hardest Part of the Job is the amount of emails that we receive.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people and the benefits and culture.
Pros
Flight Benifits
Cons
Long Hours, and Pay is not ideal for job that we do.
Shift
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2019
When working for West Jet, my day consisted of checking in clients at the desk, boarding flights, wheelchair assistance, unaccompanied minor assistance, which of course all fall sunder customer service.
Pros
It was a fun job and I loved helping people
Cons
Management at the time was not good and was replaced.
Fun place to work
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 May 2019
A typical day at work I assist guest with the check in process and drop off their bags, help them through security and to there flights or off the flights to either to the next flight or to pick up their bags in arrivals
Majority of management are helpful and supportive during the operation and with personal problems
I really enjoy working at West jet ... the people I work with make the job enjoyable and feels like fun and less work
I have learned a lot bout the airline industry and how it works on daily basis
The hardest part of my job is not being able to help the guest with their flight problems sometimes as there is sometimes nothing I can do
I get great joy out of helping the guest to speed up the check in process and get to their flights fast but safely
Decent money but poor management
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2019
Money was okay, flexible schedule and great layovers but management was poor. They don't treat their employees well. They encourage tattletale among employees and create chaos. You never know who's your friend or not. People reported petty mistakes.
Fun and fulfilling, but low pay and not the most stable hours
Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 May 2019
Even though it's an airline industry, it's not all complaints and rage. People are generally understanding towards those in the call center. Had to leave because of the low pay though D:
Rewarding Career
Dash 8 Captain (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2019
Reporting for work at airport and flying to a specified destination. Enjoy working with different people and visiting different places in Canada. I've learned this job can change with the weather so don't sweat the small stuff. Enjoy the people i work with and management is supportive. Hardest part of the job are the acclimatization to waking up at different times of the morning or night. Really enjoy the challenging environment aviation is and the responsibility for the type of equipment I get to fly.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Sleep cycle
Flight benefits are nice but you don’t make enough money to use them.
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2019
Westjet is an employer that will work you into the ground for under industry wages. Yes you get the perks of flight benefits but good luck using them. The way they are positioning themselves as a global carrier makes it almost impossible to fly anywhere standby.
Pros
I don’t think there are pros anymore
Cons
Long hours, cold, exhausting, not rewarding in any sense, treated like a child.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.