WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Hard Job to do
Super Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 May 2019
I worked in the call centre and it was very tough to take call after call after call. you definitely feel like you are just a number. I would recommend it because you get to work from home. you do become isolated though.
Pros
flight benefits
Cons
you are just a number
Fun and fulfilling, but low pay and not the most stable hours
Service and Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 May 2019
Even though it's an airline industry, it's not all complaints and rage. People are generally understanding towards those in the call center. Had to leave because of the low pay though D:
Great Compant - Horrible Customers
Sales (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB1 April 2019
I loved working for Westjet however the call volumes are outrageous and the types of calls are just not good. I spent more of my time being yelled at for things that were out of my control then anything else.
A bit lonely
Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 January 2019
The position is stressful at times but overall the guests are good. I recommend this company for someone who prefers to not interact with coworkers and prefers to be alone all the time as you do work from home.
Pros
Excellent airfare for employees and health benefits
Cons
It gets a little lonely
AWESOME work environment
Sales and Services Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 January 2019
WestJet is an amazing company to work for and the work was simple. Book reservations for guests. The system is easy to learn and there's always support to help. The perks are awesome. You can travel anywhere WestJet flies for pennies. Literally. You even get buddy passes for your family/friends so they can fly at majorly discounted rates. And hey, who doesn't want to travel?

Working from home was the best part. Not having to go out in the cold/rain/etc but being in the comfort of your own home office, THAT was the life.

It just wasn't for me. After years of working in different call centres 'on the phone', I needed a change and wanted to do something else, something OFF the phone. That's the reason I left. I highly recommend WestJet to anybody who enjoys work as a customer service rep and enjoys working alone as opposed to a bigger environment/facility, this job's for you.
Pros
working from home, traveling for pennies, bussy passes
Cons
N/a
Everyone Matters
Sales Super-Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2019
A group of individuals who truly look out for one another. Support is not hard to find and guidance is plentiful. They are only as strong as their weakest link, but their weakest link is always given the tools and support to be the strongest in the group.
Great perks great employees
Super Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2018
Great company and great employees. I learned how to be a great team player and how to be very organized and be very good at time management.
Challenging part of my job is the guest that were upset when there was a distrubtion to thier filght however WestJet taught us how to be professional and most helpful.
Good company in a time of transition
SALES SUPER AGENT--Part-Time, Home Rez (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2018
Great place to work if you like to travel, great fares if you don't mind flying on a standby basis. Perfect for those who love customer service in this constantly evolving industry.
I miss Westjet
Super Sales Agent (SSA) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2018
This is the type of company that you will regret leaving in your lifetime. The Management needed a little empathy when it comes to sicknesses, but the overall culture of this place was amazing.
Pros
Flights!
Awesome place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
The best airline you could ever work for. The company culture is unlike any other. The people are super happy and the benefits are fantastic. Anyone would be lucky to work here.
Work from home :)
Sales Super Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2018
Loved working from home and doing team activities. Working in the call centre, you have to stay at your desk as you are monitored to make sure you are on calls EVERY SECOND. Benefits were good but did not outweigh the salary.
Pros
Co-workers become lifelong friends
Cons
Schedules and shift work
great
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 March 2018
West Jet is a great place to work, however the possibility of advancement in the call center is very difficult.. therefore difficult to survive on the salary while you try to climb the ladder.
20% match for stock is very good
Super Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2018
WestJet is a great company that is going thru growth at a fast pace and is having growing pains. Negatives are schedules and salary, positives are share match 20% and flight benefits.
Great culture
Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 December 2017
I worked as a call centre agent and this job is not for every one. If you are used to being independent in the workplace, this is not the right job for you. It is micro managed, every call is monitored and all they focus is your call stats. You have to put up with a lot of things for such a very low pay. Yes you get good travel privileges but you need an additional income to make ends meet for 12/hr. It's not even worth it. Now I know why they hire every 3 months because nobody really stays if this is their only source of income.
Pros
Travel privileges
Cons
Erratic schedule
Westjet
Sales Super-Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2017
Overalll it is a great company to work for. Great culture

The shifts that I worked at first were not that great but aftrer being there a few years, I got better shifts
Great work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
Westjet was an incredible company to work for. Though not very flexible and that's what got me to leave. Westjet seems to have grown so quickly that some people have been put in to management positions that don't have correct training.
Very disappointed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 June 2017
I started At westjet about 4 weeks ago, my performance was great, my attendance was excellent and I gave my 100% every day!
I did my first 2 test and I did great on them both in the 90's.

On my 3rd week our instructor changed our seating and i was place at a computer that was having a lot of issues.
I told my instructor and she had a look at it but nothing else was done to fix the problem.

All week I was not able to complete any practise on that computer, i would start my bookings and i would get strange errors.

I still tried very hard and came in early/Stayed late to make sure I did great like I did to begin with.

My 3rd test I failed and we get 1 rewrite and I failed again by not many points but obviously if I would have had a working computer i would Have never failed in the first place.

If you will hire staff make sure all equipment needed is working for all staff.
Pros
Flight benefits and the staff are nice.
Cons
Malfunctioning equipment
Flight benefits
Sales Supper Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 September 2016
-Start my day by logging into my computer from home.

-I learn so much through the call center. Anywhere from booking, canceling, guest calling about guidelines on flight. Dealing with guest getting mad a you, crying and some have fun with you.

-Management is good, by boss is always willing to help me out in away possibly.

-Co-workers are great. The one time every 3 months you go in for a meeting we have smiles on our faces, and they are always willing to help each other out.

-The hardest part would be working from home. I could be in my place and not leave for 3 days and the interaction with other people.

-The enjoyable part is the benefits can not go wrong with them.
Pros
Great perks on flights
Cons
Being on the phone none stop for 7hrs minus your breaks and lunch
Great company with fantastic values
Sales Super Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2016
Fun position with a great organization, customer service is number one with WestJet, the people are empowered to resolve any guest concerns. Management are supportive within WestJet. Co-workers are fantastic everyone works are a team and we get the job done.
Great Workplace, Horrible Pay
Sales Super Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 June 2016
The people are great. The work is good. The company has morals, which is rare. However, the pay is not good at all. They tote travel benefits as a job perk, but you aren't paid enough to use them!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

WestJet Airlines Reviews by Location