WestJet Airlines Pay & Benefits reviews: Guest Service Agent

Guest Service Ambassador
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 November 2017
This is a great company to work for. I am a guest Service Ambassador and it’s a great job to start with at this company so you can learn everything in the woodworks of the airport. It is a great stepping stone to move up to a customer service agent then anything you wish. I used to work for Air Canada and I am so happy that I changed companies. If your going to work in the airline industry work for Westjet :)
Pros
Fast paced environment, amazing perks
Cons
Health benefits are paid for by you but are good
very supportive supervisors, instructors and peers
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
My circumstances changed suddenly as a result of that my new job at WestJet only provided me limited hours which was no longer feasible for me as the salary was not enough for me to be able to afford my monthly bills.

However, I will say that WestJet was very supportive, patient and understanding during a very difficult time and HR told me that if my situation changes in the future that they would be more than pleased to have me employed at WestJet again.

I only gave 3 stars for salary/benefits because the entry level rate of pay is low BUT increases over time increments but the benefits and profit sharing options are amazing!!!
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Lower pay
Great Place to work
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
Although salary is just okay, flight benefits and decent work conditions make for a good overall environment. Great culture and very good training. 365 day, 24 hour schedule can make home life a little hard. Best part however is working with great people and meeting many wonderful guests.
Pros
Profit share
Cons
24 hour operation
Don't plan to use travel perks? Don't work here.
GUEST SERVICE AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2014
Every employee here will agree with the title statement.

You must pay your dues and work entry level at near-to minimum wage. Probation is 6 months. Cannot apply for any opportunities until you've been working for 6 months. Basic employee perks until you've hit 6 months experience as well.

While you can trade shifts, you will never get something consistent you can rely on to make a second work with without a lot of effort.
Pros
Travel discount can be massive when flying standby, $20 to Vegas, for eg.
Cons
Shift lengths vary from one extreme to another.