WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

Guest Service Ambassador
Guest Services Ambassador, Training Guide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2018
A very physically demanding position. Requires heavy lifting of baggage, pushing guests in wheelchairs for long distances. Assisting guests check in for flights. Assist gate controllers with boarding guests on to aircraft.
Pros
great support from coworkers
Cons
physically challenging
An engaging place to work
Guest Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 May 2018
Overall WestJet is a great employer.
There are small issues with work/life balance, especially if you aren't located near the airport you work at. This is most prevalent in the mid-level positions, where shifts are 12hrs (on a smooth day). This can easily result in 15hr days outside of your home, depending on where you're located in relation.
Salary is a little low in some cases, recently revised, but the benefits are great. Vacation time is excellent and bonuses and such are available as part of the total compensation.
Job security is superb - they don't really let people go without extensive cause. Advancement is another story, as promotion bottlenecks fairly quickly. Being able to move can greatly increase those opportunities.
Management, in my experience, has always been good. I have not clashed with people above me often, especially outside of the frontline capacity.
Culture is second to none in my opinion. There is a slight identity crisis currently with fast growth and increasing of employees, but the underlying culture remains.
Sketchy and doesnt communicate
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 January 2018
First you are underpaid. Then you are put through training separated into two parts. first part then on the phone then second on the phone then home. All the team leads are sketchy and do not communicate until there is a big problem. Try to get info and they push you off to another who doesn't have their ducks lined up either.. Biggest waste of time.. not worth the at homeness.
Pros
Cons
no one can tell you whats going on...
High energy with good culture
Guest Service Manager/ Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
Great place to learn aviation standards
Excellent way to know the airport environment
Good culture internally
Celebrates its successes
Measures performance on its employees regularly
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Long hours with delays
Guest Service Ambassador
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 November 2017
This is a great company to work for. I am a guest Service Ambassador and it’s a great job to start with at this company so you can learn everything in the woodworks of the airport. It is a great stepping stone to move up to a customer service agent then anything you wish. I used to work for Air Canada and I am so happy that I changed companies. If your going to work in the airline industry work for Westjet :)
Pros
Fast paced environment, amazing perks
Cons
Health benefits are paid for by you but are good
Fun and close nit group.
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 October 2017
No two days are ever the same working at an airport. And there are always interesting people to met and challenging work environments.
Opportunities do exist for advancement but not at smaller operational bases such as Saskatoon due to a smaller flight operation.
Pros
no two days are ever the same
Cons
if there are delays there is an expected culture to staywith the flight until its departed
very supportive supervisors, instructors and peers
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
My circumstances changed suddenly as a result of that my new job at WestJet only provided me limited hours which was no longer feasible for me as the salary was not enough for me to be able to afford my monthly bills.

However, I will say that WestJet was very supportive, patient and understanding during a very difficult time and HR told me that if my situation changes in the future that they would be more than pleased to have me employed at WestJet again.

I only gave 3 stars for salary/benefits because the entry level rate of pay is low BUT increases over time increments but the benefits and profit sharing options are amazing!!!
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Lower pay
Fun work enviroment
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 February 2017
Good place to put your foot at the door in the airline industry. However if you can't deal with stress and a fast pace place to work at, this industry may not be the thing for you. You have to learn to think on your feet be patient and helpful. Excellent customer service is a must in order to work in this industry, Short fused leave it at home.
Productive, safe environment. Awesome benefits.
Part-Time Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2017
Management was very easygoing, yet strict at times when they needed to be. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help WestJet customers. The hardest part of the job were the shifts because most of the shifts I had to work began at 3am.
Hard worker
Guest Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 August 2016
This was a great place to work and the people I met was awesome. I learned the art of building areas to help me lead people long with understanding how to lead
Keep It
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2016
Love my job and the culture I get to work for. It was hard to get where I am but I wouldn't change it for anything.
Started at the airport and was able to work up with hard work and effort.
Great people and fun place to work with and our own team room to hang out
GSA Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  YUL27 July 2016
Best company for fast advancement with life balance schedule, it is a very family,friendly oriented company and they respect you and value your opinions.
Great Place to work
Guest Service Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2016
Although salary is just okay, flight benefits and decent work conditions make for a good overall environment. Great culture and very good training. 365 day, 24 hour schedule can make home life a little hard. Best part however is working with great people and meeting many wonderful guests.
Pros
Profit share
Cons
24 hour operation
The Culture
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 May 2016
The culture at Westjet is incredible. They also allow us to empower ourselves with making decisions. We also having the backing of the managers on the floor.
Attitude is Everything!
Guest Services Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON23 March 2016
My current position is a Monday - Friday, 9-5 which I enjoy very much.
I get along well on a team or working alone.

I love working with Retirement & seniors.
My management team is great!

The only reason I would leave this company is to move up to a better role, & learn more.

Get work done & have fun while doing it!
Treat everyone how you want to be treated.
A Great Place to Land
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2015
* Performance Management
* Ran operation of airport
* Dealt with unruly guests
* Delayed flights, cancelled flights
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
10 hour days
Don't plan to use travel perks? Don't work here.
GUEST SERVICE AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2014
Every employee here will agree with the title statement.

You must pay your dues and work entry level at near-to minimum wage. Probation is 6 months. Cannot apply for any opportunities until you've been working for 6 months. Basic employee perks until you've hit 6 months experience as well.

While you can trade shifts, you will never get something consistent you can rely on to make a second work with without a lot of effort.
Pros
Travel discount can be massive when flying standby, $20 to Vegas, for eg.
Cons
Shift lengths vary from one extreme to another.
Fun workplace
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2012
I was here for two weeks.
Everyone was really friendly and was really helpful whenever I had questions.
Most guests were friendly and understanding when I did not know an answer to a question.
Management was very nice and helpful.