WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

I love WestJet
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2016
A typical day at work consists of checking in, boarding and de-boarding flights.
I learned how to problem solve through very stressful times and pressure.
Management was always supportive during work situations and life situations.
My Co-workers were very easy going, and fun to be around.
The hardest part of the job was the standing and the long shifts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being busy, meeting new people, and solving problems.
Fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2016
Typical day at work was checking in guests for flights, helping with flights, bridging aircrafts. I learned how to really deal with people and how much fun you can have at a workplace. My management team I found unsupportive which is why I left. My coworkers were amazing! The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who you couldn't help due to flight schedule, when someone had died and they couldn't get a flight out. That was heartbreaking. Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting a lot of new people and having fun!
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2016
Moved away so had to resign. Best place I have ever worked!!!
Would go back in a second! You bid on the hours you want and the hours are really flexible if you pick right.
Pros
Friends, bonuses, shares, and travel
Cons
long shifts
amazing co workers great benefits shift work.
Baggage service agent (Current Employee) –  calgary international airport10 October 2015
Amazing Job fun place to work at times supportive management.Decent amount of red tape and politics that is expected with a small comapny that is now grown to international proportions. Shift work is hard. to be honest and not fo rthe faint of heart. as the business is a 24 hour operation.
Pros
flight benefits.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 September 2015
WestJet is a great place to work and wage and benefits are great. Where I work in Hamilton we do not have many flights so we do not get a lot of hours and they are split shifts.
Pros
wage, benefits, esp plan
Cons
split shifts, lack of hours
overall was good experience
customer service agent (Current Employee) –  calgary17 September 2015
really tight on front line staff more linear on upper level,but really good benefits so far i got ever worked for any company
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Agent, Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 July 2015
Such a great work environment, people are carefully selected to fit the culture of Westjet and that is what makes it such a great place to work! Loved working with Westjet!
An amazing place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  toronto, on13 July 2015
An amazing place to work, WestJet has an outstanding culture and reward they're employees constantly. Management understands and brings the team together.
Pros
profit share
Cons
irops
Fast paced exciting environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2015
WestJet offers a very supportive and fun environment. Managers direct all day of operations ensuring all resources and tools in place to meet guests and operational needs.
Intensive , however fun enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2015
I Had fun working in this company, however I felt like I needed a better fit for me, still working with people, I realized that using my skills in the medical field will make me more happy and I decided to change back my career.
Great Environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2014
Loved the job, people and culture. Looked forward to going to work everyday but wage was lower than required.
best company of all airlines
Agent service è la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC9 November 2014
This is where I was given the liberty to decide on certain situations
Fun, exciting, passionate and positive.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario8 April 2014
WestJet is an amazing company to be a part of. Everyone shares a common goal and that is to enrich the lives of everyone in WestJet's world by providing safe, friendly and affordable air travel. It's a different day everyday and definitely has it's perks.
Pros
Travelling, meeting different from all over the world, fast paced, lifestyle career
Cons
High pressure, unusual hours
Great company, culture and enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Agent / Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2014
A typical day at work?
Westjet was not typical - you are trained in all positions and work more than one position a shift. Sometimes up to 6 positions or more in a shift.
Hours were not typical, they fluctuated between night shifts and day shifts and graveyard shifts.
The only thing consistent was that you had a great time, met great people and were part of a very great culture.

What I learned?
I took so much form this job on how to treat a team, how to mentor, how to lead, how to coach and how to motivate.
How to listen to your guests, and to treat people like guests not 'customers'. treat humans as they were your friends not strangers.
I have taken so much from this position and implemented it into both my personal and professional life. I have built models for sales and training on both a retail level and outside sales level from the things I learned at Westjet.

Management?
Extremely supportive, flexible individuals. Great mentors

Co workers?
Westjet has the hiring model down pat. Attracting all like personalities who work very well together. A very fun and kind group. I worked on extremely large teams and it was very familial atmosphere.

The hardest part of the job?
The hours. The hours in an airport are not typical. They fluctuate and can be very hard on your system.

The most enjoyable part of the job?
The team, and the guests. It was always a pleasure to get into uniform and head to the airport to meet with the Team and greet the guests. There was nothing about Westjet that I didn't love.

(I had to leave because I became a single
  more... mother and the hours were not conducive to raising at that time 2 little girls without a partner)  less
Pros
Team, guests, Management, Culture.
Cons
Airport hours (only because I became a single mother)
Great working environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2014
Operating Sabre system for travel reservations
Resolving customer complaints and escalating to supervisor
Providing customer service support
Great Company, Great staff, Great Manager
Worth getting in to this company
customer service agant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2013
Great company to work for
Culture is fantastic
great co-workers
chance to move around company and country
my typical day is dialling with customers or as we call them guests to their destination as soon as possible. From checking in for flight to helping to get them boarded and on their way
hardest part is dealing with the issues of a day in a friendly and caring way
Pros
benifeit package
Cons
shift work
Amazing Culture
Customer Service Agent, Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 December 2013
A typical day with WestJet always starts out with laughs! From the moment you walk into the door to when you leave its filled with fun and you are surrounded by amazing people! Lots of support from co-workers and management, amazing culture and high focus of guest satisfaction!
Pros
Fun, Culture, exciting, support
Cons
early morning start times!
Best decision I ever made
CSA (Current Employee) –  ontario10 March 2013
I have spent nearly my entire adult life working for WestJet and I have loved it. The culture is strong and positive. There is always something to learn and I feel respected everyday when I show up for work.
Fun and exciting environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 August 2012
Culturally driven, Westjet maintains a strong International record of employee satisfaction and is one of the 50 best places to work in Canada, according to the Globe and Mail. Airport employees are tasked to provide numerous customer service based duties, including front-desk service, gate/plane guest de-planement and en-planement, and special guest welfare. This is an exciting place to learn abut the service industry and a great place long-term for people with second incomes.
Pros
great place to learn people skills, quality training, diverse work environment
Cons
low pay, inconsistant work schedule