WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Westjet
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 September 2017
Very positive atmosphere to work in, however the shifts are not very good. Low salaries and employees pay for benefit package. New company to the region and I think they wil learn with time
Good group of people
Customer Service Representative\ (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 July 2017
Great culture, good people. Not a lot of room for advancement, difficult shifts. a lot of perks for travel lovers and people looking to explore canada.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad shifts
overall good enviorment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2017
Good place to work, does not pay enough for how hard they work you. at the airport its a lot of shift work as well as great responsiblity for close to minimum wage
Good people to work with
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary Airport9 June 2017
Great company but needs a lot of work in the management department. Not all the right people in the right positions in managements, less then desirable. Next to no experience in management skills, therefore regular employees and guests don't benefit from it
Pros
Great benefits
Nice people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 June 2017
WestJet is a fun place to work with lots of nice coworkers. Days can have their challenging moments when flights are cancelled but overall there are processes in place to help make things better.
Pros
Employee Share Purchase Program / Cheap Flights
Cons
Early Shifts
Great culture!!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC and Abbotsford, BC4 June 2017
I loved working as a CSA in both Victoria and Abbotsford. (2001 - 2005?) Difficulty was the rate of pay, wished I could have stayed there longer. Great training and support and obviously a very successful airline. Thanks WestJet!!!!
Pros
Culture and guest service focus
Cons
Low pay
Politics
Customer Service/Baggage Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON22 May 2017
All management is looking out for themselves and don't want to hear the any feedback from frontline workers. But pay is ok after you put in your time and flight benefits is a nice bonus. Biggest problem is management and the willingness to change to make frontline workers job more productive.
A great company to be part of
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2017
Westjet Airlines a great team to be part of the atmosphere workplace and the people, it is trully never a dull momnent ! a typical day is that everyone is friendly I enjoy making people smile and helping out in every way I can. We all work together thats what makes us a strong team that's what makes "Westjet" a Great Airline "Team Work" the managment are very suportive of every one of us,the culture at westjet is friendly and helpful. the hardest part of my job is when I can not make a guest smile (which is not often).
The enjoyable part is when I walk in to work and make my co-workers and guest smile!
Pros
great deal on flight
Cons
being on standby
Fun place to work with ever changing enviroment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
West Jet is a Great Place to work, their Culture is uplifting and having the chance to be a part of the future is a fabulous part of being there.
At West Jet its not just a place to work its a Family, a place to grow, and a Place to be a part of something Great.
WestJet
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  YCD1 January 2017
Here in YCD our typical day starts at 4am. We set up and check all our guests in then board the plane and send it on its way. I have learned to be fast, efficient and friendly all at the same time :) We do not work under much management so we are a diligent bunch of co-workers with excellent team work skills. The hardest part of my job is keeping everyone happy, especially during foggy season :( but we manage to pull it off without too many hiccups :) The most enjoyable part of my day is working with my team and the team on the ramp. Go YCD!
I am looking to have a position which is challenging but yet still place where I can be part of a team
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta22 September 2016
I work as a Service Sales Agent. I answer calls to assist our Guests with Questions ,Booking of flights, and support each guest however they may need . From taking payments to general inquires.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Cons
My shift hours
employees not being treated the way the public is made to believe
Customer Service Agent at YYC (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2016
very disappointed

only way you get anywhere in the company is to know someone or sleep with them .

no job security

too many leads with no experience and not enough employees

nobody to confide in

PACT - doesn't work or help their own when desperately in need
Pros
benefits and friends
Cons
politics / managers not knowing the job hired for
Great Travel benefits
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON6 July 2016
Great company but the travel benefits are worth the job. The only I would recommend is to have a second jobs as the pay is difficult to work with.
Pros
Great balance with another jobs and great travel benefits
bad practice bad rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 June 2016
First off this review is in my opinion.

The company has a rather rapey reputation. Flying flight attendants out and having your way with them not good practice.
Also there new method of hiring is cruel at best. They bring in groups of people (around 20) and tell them they are hiring for jobs when they have zero openings and they keep doing this to build a 6 month pool of many people for no jobs and tell you to drop what your doing if they accept you at any point in time within the 6 months.
They have very slightly manipulative management that seem quite childish.
Pros
cheap flights
Cons
nightmare management
Very fun, team oriented and very supportuve
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2016
Shift work, early mornings, evenings, weekends.
Checking customers in, taking their bags, trouble shooting
Complete Flight crew documents prepare aircraft for boarding
Brief with Flight crew, board guests according to Transport Canada Guidelines.
Hardest part of the job: Working twelve hour shifts, working every holiday. Very physical.
Most enjoyable: Family and team oriented, laughs, fun, and management very supportive.
Pros
took the job seriously but not ourselves
Excellent Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT YVR (Current Employee) –  YVR17 May 2016
Customer service is the excellence of WestJet and I have that quality. I participated in several committees during my 10 years and I love to be involved.

I enjoy people and I am an excellent listener and can work as an individual or as a team with ease.
Pros
The culture. To laugh at work is a plus. To excell at work takes effort and I do both
Cons
24 hour shift work is very hard
Great Company and even better people
Training Liaison, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 May 2016
This job surrounds you with some pretty amazing people. It is very demanding and the clientele are often less than appreciative but you do earn your thick skin.
Pros
The Team
Cons
Shift work and unpredictable staffing
Fast paced and fun environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 April 2016
I have had the privelige of working for this amazing company for the past decade and cannot imagine my life without them. I've learned so much about human behaviour, air travel and how to connect and communicate with those around me. I'm treated with the utmost respect and appreciation by my management team and I feel very lucky to be such an important part of our success.
Pros
Celebrating Success
Cons
long days/nights
Living The Dream
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC9 March 2016
A typical workk day includes great conversation with my team and guests in a comfortable, condident environment. I have learned to communicate with anyone and everyone and to problem solve professionally and quicly in high stress situations. I can manage my time well and work effectively with my team as well as unsupervised. My co-workers are a lot of fun and we all share the same goals, providing superior customer service and safetly performing on time. The hardest part of my job is problem solving with difficult people, however, I enjoy it and am successful at it...9 times out of 10...The most enjoyable part of my job is a succesful turn with happy guest and happy co-workers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Cut Backs and Salary Freeze
I love WestJet
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2016
A typical day at work consists of checking in, boarding and de-boarding flights.
I learned how to problem solve through very stressful times and pressure.
Management was always supportive during work situations and life situations.
My Co-workers were very easy going, and fun to be around.
The hardest part of the job was the standing and the long shifts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being busy, meeting new people, and solving problems.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.