WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Great Culture
Baggage Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2018
Variety of work in Domestic or International Baggage Arrivals area, Transborder customs processing area, and airside agent work. Process delayed and damaged bags claims as well as lost and found items. General guest service duties.
good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 October 2018
the fact that I like meeting new people from different works of life, made my job a whole lo better and he people I worked with even made I beer in he long run
Productive and a fun place to work for.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2018
This company has more to offer and really challenge my skills when it comes to customer service, time management, multitasking, communicating and overall performance.
Home based sounds good.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2018
I took this job opportunity because I worked $55K job with stress. So I wanted to go small wage and less stress.
But I was wrong,restriction is not clear until you get sign and started this job. It must be 4 walls and completely isolated from family and pets. (Of course during work). Problem was we are not allowed to open the window even hot summer time to avoid outside of noise,plus management will suggest you to buy a fan.
$15~$16 minimum wage and internet,phone, insurance are not covered by company. so, you will be making less than $2000 a month . Flights benefit are great but lower seniority can't get a vacation when you would like to take. Some of managements were wonderful, but some of them were terrible. You don't get support, but they will say that you are wrong.

However, your time and this job's restrictions are not $15~$16

Don't recommend at all.
Pros
Poor management.
This is an environment that allows you to take your job seriously but not yourself
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 July 2018
I enjoy working at WestJet because we are given freedom to be interactive, and fun with those that travel with us. We are able to show care and compassion to those that are traveling for unfortunate reasons, or when they just need a little extra assistance.
Pros
I truly enjoy the enivironment and the people I work with
Cons
At my location we have to work split shifts
love love my company
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2018
the best place to work, love the culture ,people opportunities to grow i wish the salary was higher but overall the place to work .
so proud to be working here
Cons
salary
WestJet
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
working for Westjet is really great, the people you work with are good the benefits are fantastic and you can learn a lot and grow within the company. but you are very underpaid and understaffed and overworking their employees
Fun, Friendly, busy, happy, peacful, positiv
Customer Service Representative/Boarding agent (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL1 June 2018
I loved this job the most! If I had to pick the best people to work with it would be the West Jet Family. Everything great you hear about them helping people is really what it is like to work with them. Every day so so happy for me going to work. I truly feel that I have another family. Most exciting job ever! CEO's Come to the base and meet you and want to know how you are. That is important. They care about moral. They make sure you're happy and if you have a concern they are their to help in any way.
Fun, fabulous place to work.
Customer Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2018
Working with a fun loving, out going, interactive and caring group of people makes it a great place to get up and go work everyday.

Shifts available day and night to fit your lifestyle and a great team who will trade and cover shifts so you can get to those important events in your life.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Long hours, physical work.
Awesome!
CSA Agent (Current Employee) –  Cassidy, BC7 May 2018
Working here is great!

I check people in for their flights and deal with any questions or problems that may occur during check in times, caring for guests needs and making sure they have the best experience possible.

my station manager is amazing! very understanding and always willing to help. very supportive and kind

the hardest part of the job is dealing with software related issues when i'm checking in guests

the most enjoyable is just working with my team everyday to make the best day for everyone
Pros
working here
Cons
abnormal software or hardware issues while checking guests in
Flight Attetdant
Onboard Customer Service and Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2018
Excellent place to work, good values,culture and attitudes. Can be long hours but rewarding job.People are fabulous and most buy into the culture.Pay is average with ability to move up.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2018
WestJet is a great company to work for and holds a fantastic culture and people. The benefits are excellent and help compensate for the lack in hourly pay. You will be working as a team to help the advancement and profitability of the company while ensure the highest level of guest service is achieved. Some managers are outstanding at their jobs and others coast along and are not helpful.
Pros
Flight and travel benefits
Cons
Shift work, unsupportive managers
Great company
Customer Service Assistance (airports) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
The benefits are good and the development programs are great. The advancements take time and a lot of knowledge on the job is required for growth but as a large company there are many opportunities.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Hours, Wages
Amazing company
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 March 2018
This is best company I have ever worked for. The culture is amazing, they take care of the workers like family. Once you are in you can move within the company.
A Awesome Place to Land
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2018
I really miss my fellow Westjetters! They become your family. Not going to lie when I say THERE ARE SOME!
Life is fast paced, every day you are learning something new.
Good pay, awesome benefits!!
Dealing with Mother Nature, long hours, walking long, break delays, Shift work, heavy lifting, turning, twisting, Uniform supplied (very uncomfortable at times) dress regulations.
Westjet will become your life , not that there is anything wrong with that, you have to be ready for that.
Pros
Work for the best company in Canada
Cons
shift work
Not the greatest place to work
Sales and Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 January 2018
Incredibly disappointed with this company. There is a reason they are always in need of hiring. Close to no opportunity to move up regardless of what they try to tell you upon hire. NO support from management. Management are not trained properly. Front lines get more training than they do. Incredibly low pay. You can get paid much more to deal with rude costomers at a different call center. Agents need far more training. Overall not impressed with how employees are treated.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Everything else
Good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 November 2017
Good place to work but the pay is super low. Benefit is being able to work from home. Benfiets are great. If pay was better it would be great place to work.
Great coworkers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 October 2017
Great place to work, atmosphere is different with PM agents compared to AM agents. Personally love working both AM's and PM's. The people are great, theyre what make me going at work. The greatest benefits include flight benefits, with expansion more destinations are listed. Pay isnt the greatest but their is a GREAT compensation package including Employee share purchase plan, bonuses, and raises
Pros
Flight benefits, Free food (here and there)
Cons
some management/ coworkers, taxes
fun workplace, company culture is promoted
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2017
Airport friendly place and community is close nit, being busy line ups for facilities at the airport can be quite lengthy and this does make environment challenging for all company,s ...,
Pros
shift work
Cons
shift work
I love being apart of the WestJet Team
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 October 2017
I love planes and talking to people about their travels. It doesn't feel like work. It's fun to go in! I don't know how many people can say that about the companies they work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.