WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Time to move on
Customer Service/Baggage Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 August 2019
Met great people there and enjoyed going to work to see those people, but the enjoyment ends there. The benefits of working there were good, but it was time for me to move on
Great People
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT, Regina (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 August 2019
The hours are crazy. You could be scheduled at work until 2 am one night and then again to start at 330 am the day after next. The people are amazing. It is a real job but the pay isn't great. Ideal for someone who is the secondary bread winner in their household.
Fun for a young person
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 August 2019
Great opportunities to travel and work, lots of extra shifts if you want to make money.

The benefits are fun, but the complaints and airport life can weigh on you.
when you first start you think its great
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2019
when I first started at WestJet as a customer service agent I did love my job. fast-paced work environment, benefits were great and the people are what make it worth your while. I've been working for them for two and a half years in Toronto and man have things changed. management does absolutely nothing to help out there team, you are underpaid for the amount of work and stress that you deal with it a day and you're expected to stay late to the point where they don't even ask you. I believe that WestJet as a company overall is great but the Toronto base needs some help
Family environment with politics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 July 2019
Like any big corporation it has politics and lots of them. Only people moving up are those that suck up to management, however the people you work with are incredible. The job itself is fast and not for everyone, changes everyday. It’s a great place to work.
Pros
Coworkers, flight benefits
Cons
Suck ups
See in resume
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON24 July 2019
Description is in the resume. Working for an airline is a face paced environment but everyone works together as a team and there is one main focus - to get our flights out on time. The workplace culture is not like you are at work. We are like a family and that's what the important part of it is. When you like a job so much that it does not feel like a job.
Meh
Customer Service Agent - Baggage (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2019
A job is a job, but this place sucks the life out of you. Super cheap, not willing to properly staff.. barely any management support for the operation... its ok but not a forever job
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
pay, hours, management. overworked, under appreciated.
Shift
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2019
When working for West Jet, my day consisted of checking in clients at the desk, boarding flights, wheelchair assistance, unaccompanied minor assistance, which of course all fall sunder customer service.
Pros
It was a fun job and I loved helping people
Cons
Management at the time was not good and was replaced.
Fun and Challenging place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 June 2019
I will forever be thankful for my experience with West Jet airlines. I wish was still working for them but unfortunately, my contract ended and there wasn't a greater need for staffing. It was a lot of hard work and long hours but I learned a lot and worked with great people.
Hard work but worth it!
SSC customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 May 2019
Westjet is a great place to work. I admit I left for my own personal reasons. Only downside is the expectations are high and the hours are long. It is not for everyone but the people are fantastic. With the benefits offered it makes for a great opportunity to travel all over the world. If you decide to apply and I hope you do be aware it is hard work but well worth it.
Pros
Great Benefits and wonderful diversity
Cons
Long hours and high expectations
Great Place To Work - Best Job I've Ever Had
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport4 April 2019
Typical work day includes providing world class guest service to the travelling public.

Great accessible hands on management on site.

Fabulous corporate culture.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult guests and handling re-accommodation situations when flights cancel etc.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
Pros
Travel Benefits and my co-workers.
Cons
Difficult guests
A typical day at work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Deer Lake, NL17 March 2019
We would deal with the general public, and enforce rules and regulations in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment. Using my people skills I was able to successfully fulfill all of my duties.
Sinking Ship
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2019
If you've seen WestJet in the news lately, I can promise it hasn't been for one of their stellar customer experiences. Over the past two years I dealt with the policy changes on the frontline, while the company slowly transitioned to a major competitor for international airlines. The airline is poorly managed and continues to show less and less appreciation for its employees. This change in company culture is what lead me to leave along with several others. It's simply not what it used to be.
Pros
Flight perks
Cons
Poor management, poor culture, no appreciation, no pension.
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport18 January 2019
The best part about the job is that every day is a different day. Every day brings new challenges and new problems. The management team is excellent. They are dedicated to try and make all employees happy. The workplace culture is very supportive and both big and little accomplishments are celebrated. The most enjoyable part of the job is solving the problems and feeling like you accomplished something that day. The hardest part of the job would be the work-life balance. The hours are very long.
Pros
the job iteself is a pro!
Cons
lack of seniority
A very fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Comox, BC10 January 2019
WestJet is a wonderful company to work for. My particular station is very fun and my coworkers are very supportive and helpful. One of the best jobs I have every had.
Pros
I look forward to going to work and learn each and every day.
Cons
Cannot live on the wages. Need a second job to make ends meet.
lots of benefits
Baggage Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2018
working in an airport makes for an exciting experience, and will keep you on your toes in peak seasons.

The people can be unpleasant and entitled but that may just be a customer service thing, the hardest part is taking verbal abuse.

best part of the job is obviously the flight benefits, but health benefits are also very good, and available to even part time employees.

Pay does not seem very competitive but seems to be inline with industry averages.
Pros
flight and health benefits
Cons
pay
was good at one point
Baggage Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 October 2018
local YWG management not good, I enjoyed the work pace and tasks, but management and nepotism here is quite ridiculous and advancement depends on your ability to brown nose
Pros
cheap flights and vacation packages
Cons
micromanagement
Great Culture
Baggage Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2018
Variety of work in Domestic or International Baggage Arrivals area, Transborder customs processing area, and airside agent work. Process delayed and damaged bags claims as well as lost and found items. General guest service duties.
good
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 October 2018
the fact that I like meeting new people from different works of life, made my job a whole lo better and he people I worked with even made I beer in he long run
Productive and a fun place to work for.
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 September 2018
This company has more to offer and really challenge my skills when it comes to customer service, time management, multitasking, communicating and overall performance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.