WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Canadian most trusted company WestJet
Customer Service Agent, Employee (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2019
WestJet takes care of its people which in turn takes care of its guest
best place to work with an amazing culture . I have work for 14 years
and by far WestJet has been my favorite.

The hardest part of the job is the shift hours the most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
shift hours
Fun and never the same environment
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2019
Flying for westjet gives you a good experience with customer service especially when you are in an aircraft and needed to deal with certain situations up in the air
when you first start you think its great
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2019
when I first started at WestJet as a customer service agent I did love my job. fast-paced work environment, benefits were great and the people are what make it worth your while. I've been working for them for two and a half years in Toronto and man have things changed. management does absolutely nothing to help out there team, you are underpaid for the amount of work and stress that you deal with it a day and you're expected to stay late to the point where they don't even ask you. I believe that WestJet as a company overall is great but the Toronto base needs some help
Fun job but company needs WORK
Flight attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2019
Must be adaptable, flexible and have great social skills.
Rotating shift work and working with new crews all the time.
Great travel benefits and most people are friendly.
The company expects to be a world class airline but invests the minimum into its' employees and resources. Very cheap, constantly cost cutting but has high expectations which are not at all realistic. Very low pay.. company doesn't have their ducks in a row.. sometimes disorganized and inconsistent but expects front of line to be perfect. Upper management finds fault in what you do just so they can get rid of you if they are overstaffed- nature of the airline industry really.
Most enjoyable part of the job was that no two days were alike and that you had a good amount of control over your schedule over any other airline job.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
a lot of hours are unpaid
A dynamic culture
Cabin Crew (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2019
A fast-paced, quickly evolving company. If you like change, it's a great place to be. The pay isn't as competitive compared to other companies, and instead of a pension, there is a competitive stock-matching option
Pros
Flexible, great stock-matching option, fast-paced
Cons
Change fatigue, pay is lower compared to comparable positions at other companies
very fun
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2019
very fun but not best paid in industry must unionize asap best advice to be happy here very successful company should be paying INDUSTRY STABDARD AND FAIR CONTRACT
Pros
travel passes
Cons
non unionized
General
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2019
WestJet is a great startup company. They pay for you to commute if you live in a different province which is great considering a good chunk of their employees live in Montreal. They offer good travel privileges, if you ever get enough days off to actually use them. Like many airline companies, a typical work day can start anywhere from a 3am wake-up call to a 6pm wake up call. Sometimes you are lucky enough to finish at noon and enjoy the city you are in and other times you finish at 5am and go to bed at 6am after eating dinner/breakfast. Some days can go smoothly and others are filled with back to back delays and drama. One thing that helps with those tough days is seeing a cute baby or an emotional support animal that the owner will allow you to hang out with and take pictures. You will encouter a lot of friendly people to work with but a lot of drama as well since management and the company ecourages tattle telling on fellow employees, which in return, creates a hostile environment.
Pros
Meeting cute babies/Cute animals
Better places to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2019
It's not the worst airline to work for but you can definitely get much better pay, benefits and treatment from other companies. Management is absolutely horrible but the people you work with daily are awesome for the most part so that takes away from the headache of the constantly changing service standards and policies. They are expanding and possibly bitting off more than they can chew.

They preach about how WestJet is a family in the beginning but you will quickly learn that you are just a number and easily disposable to them as with any other typical big corporation.

Of course as with any airline, the ability to travel is a big plus. Additionally, I will say what WestJet offers that other airlines like Air Canada don't, is the option to commute so you're not forced to chose between moving and having a job. It can be tiresome but worth it if you have the patience.

Overall, not terrible, it's a job....But if you want to pay
your bills, have a life and have management you actually like and they treat you with kindness and respect....exercise other options first.
Pros
Per diem, travel, nice coworkers
Cons
Management, low pay, management
Sinking Ship
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2019
If you've seen WestJet in the news lately, I can promise it hasn't been for one of their stellar customer experiences. Over the past two years I dealt with the policy changes on the frontline, while the company slowly transitioned to a major competitor for international airlines. The airline is poorly managed and continues to show less and less appreciation for its employees. This change in company culture is what lead me to leave along with several others. It's simply not what it used to be.
Pros
Flight perks
Cons
Poor management, poor culture, no appreciation, no pension.
Work hard travel often
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2019
This job can be a lifestyle if you want it to be. The money will not be good for the first 5 years and you will work hard. But you cannot beat the travel benefits.
Productive and fun workplace
ZONE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2018
Flexible options for shift trading in full- and part-time positions for entry level. Hours can be long during a weather-affected operational day.

Opportunities for advancement and mentorship if desired.

Collaborative senior management.

Excellent benefits provided for full- and part- time staff.
Pros
Benefits for full- and part-time staff; flexible scheduling
Cons
Extended hours during weather-affected operations
Long hours short pay
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
For what we do, I feel like we don't get compensated nicely. I say great marketing team but they need to work on treating the employees better. Often work holidays and hours are never consistent. Fun experience when I first started, but I need more stability and I need to be home more often.
Pros
Meeting new friends, travel benifit
WestJet
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
working for Westjet is really great, the people you work with are good the benefits are fantastic and you can learn a lot and grow within the company. but you are very underpaid and understaffed and overworking their employees
Worst company to work for
Flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 May 2018
They allowed co-worker to send you physical threats without firing them. Flight attendants drink on the job from the bar in the airplane and a lot of them smoke weed.
Great company
Customer Service Assistance (airports) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
The benefits are good and the development programs are great. The advancements take time and a lot of knowledge on the job is required for growth but as a large company there are many opportunities.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Hours, Wages
High energy with good culture
Guest Service Manager/ Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
Great place to learn aviation standards
Excellent way to know the airport environment
Good culture internally
Celebrates its successes
Measures performance on its employees regularly
Pros
Awesome people to work with
Cons
Long hours with delays
Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto15 November 2017
If you're going to work for an airline, this is the one- fair treatment in terms of seniority and having flexible work life balance. Salary is very low, so usually have to substitute with part time work as well.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Culture
Cons
Pay
love this company it is number one
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
Love this company..has very nice a friendly Managers..very helpful ..if they will ask me again which company you prefer to work with I will say West jet
very supportive supervisors, instructors and peers
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
My circumstances changed suddenly as a result of that my new job at WestJet only provided me limited hours which was no longer feasible for me as the salary was not enough for me to be able to afford my monthly bills.

However, I will say that WestJet was very supportive, patient and understanding during a very difficult time and HR told me that if my situation changes in the future that they would be more than pleased to have me employed at WestJet again.

I only gave 3 stars for salary/benefits because the entry level rate of pay is low BUT increases over time increments but the benefits and profit sharing options are amazing!!!
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Lower pay
Productive fun
Technical Records Controller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2017
Excellent work culture focused on work/life balance and employee satisfaction. it has a fun and dynamic office culture. Management style focuses on the work that is being done, and doesnt micro manages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.