WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews in Moncton, NB

I would rather work in a seafood plant!
SSA (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 July 2019
If it wasn’t for some amazing coworkers, I don’t know what culture westjet would have... being handed out a hand written warning that if I call in sick one more time, I would lose my job? OH AND I WAS PREGNANT!!!!!!! They try to bring you in their cult saying the “westjet we care” slogan, some rubbish that is ! Worked with them for 2 years, never once used my travel benefits as they don’t pay you for your hard work, and developed severe anxiety and depression from being monitored to the T by my former team Leader.
Pros
Cons
Every single thing
Customer Sales and Reservations Agent
Reservations sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 April 2019
My daily tasks included; Answering phones, booking flights, processing payments, changing/editing reservations. This was a home-based position with Westjet.
Great Compant - Horrible Customers
Sales (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB1 April 2019
I loved working for Westjet however the call volumes are outrageous and the types of calls are just not good. I spent more of my time being yelled at for things that were out of my control then anything else.
Amazing company
SSA agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 March 2019
Amazing co workers, great trainers, work from home great benefits, very poor pay, and if you have to take time for a sick family member, you have to resign from the company and good luck getting rehired god knows I tried I had to leave because my 15 year old had to go in the children's hospital because of Lupus and cancer, she is better now and I asked to come back because I love my job and they refused me. So not very sympathetic that way.
Pros
staff, work from home, benifits
Cons
Pay, Empathy or Sympathy from head office is not there
Poor
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 March 2019
Exhausting and abusive environment.
I learned about the airline industry.
Poorly trained management.
awesome peers terrible management.
Sitting on the phone and being yelled at for someone elses choice or mistake.
Pros
work from home
Cons
emotionally abusive
A bit lonely
Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 January 2019
The position is stressful at times but overall the guests are good. I recommend this company for someone who prefers to not interact with coworkers and prefers to be alone all the time as you do work from home.
Pros
Excellent airfare for employees and health benefits
Cons
It gets a little lonely
AWESOME work environment
Sales and Services Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 January 2019
WestJet is an amazing company to work for and the work was simple. Book reservations for guests. The system is easy to learn and there's always support to help. The perks are awesome. You can travel anywhere WestJet flies for pennies. Literally. You even get buddy passes for your family/friends so they can fly at majorly discounted rates. And hey, who doesn't want to travel?

Working from home was the best part. Not having to go out in the cold/rain/etc but being in the comfort of your own home office, THAT was the life.

It just wasn't for me. After years of working in different call centres 'on the phone', I needed a change and wanted to do something else, something OFF the phone. That's the reason I left. I highly recommend WestJet to anybody who enjoys work as a customer service rep and enjoys working alone as opposed to a bigger environment/facility, this job's for you.
Pros
working from home, traveling for pennies, bussy passes
Cons
N/a
Improvement needed - Call Center Only
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 August 2018
The culture is great, the time given to teach and encourage agents is acceptable from a Team Leader perspective. Pay was very good. Communication from Executive management and front-line managers very vague, very sketchy. Alot of upper management has zero experience from other Call Centers so isn't very good at running things efficiently. There seems to be too many people trying to run the show, and not enough people putting plans for the future into place.

If you have previous Team Leader experience, you can do well as long as you are able to work without any direct and effective supervision and communication, emphasis on communication. Alot of policy especially attendance is not clearly defined and alot of guessing takes place. If you want feedback, you have to beg for it. Also when you get it, seems to be alot of emphasis on things that aren't important. Too much concern with regards to how the center is perceived by up management, and not enough concern with the things that really matter. Much of the skill needed to be effective as a TL has to come with you, or it's a guessing game. Their policy/process is very, very different from other Call Centers.

Customer Service is priority one as is following rules and protecting guest privacy. Constant change that plagues the Airline industry definitely trickles down to the call center. Union activity as of late has made for some difficult calls for the agents. As have flight path changes. Westjet is trying to be efficient and is making great strides to get there, and doing well at it. But many guests are not happy with the
  more... changes.

Absolutely zero training with regards to call quality. Seems Quality is an after thought. It's a struggle to coach when the agents don't understand it.

Westjet needs to hire Executive Managers with extensive experience from other Call Centers - and then they will see huge success and improvement in morale and efficiency. There are managers in place right now that have no people skills and are just not approachable. Many mistakes with hiring have been made. Also some favoritism is definitely happening and that is hard on the morale.

The CEO at Westjet is new, and his vision is remarkable. He will be key to the longterm success of the call center and Company as a whole. Westjet needs to actively recruit experience executives with extensive experience in Contact Centers to lead the center, and get them on the right path. Until such time, the Contact Center is going to continue to suffer with unclear policy and lack of communication, not to mention poor management.

Also there are some major technical and IT challenges that plague the systems currently and make it tough on the agents due to alot of latency with their programs.

All frontline agents work from home.

The training department/program for front line agents needs fresh new Contact Center experienced management and a complete overhaul. This is a huge frustration when agents are done training, and actively taking calls. There are many skills that are not addressed or taught with regards to effective call handling and call quality.
Pros
CEO vision, culture, moral, people
Cons
ELT lacks call center experience, poor communication, system issues, latency
Not the greatest place to work
Sales and Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 January 2018
Incredibly disappointed with this company. There is a reason they are always in need of hiring. Close to no opportunity to move up regardless of what they try to tell you upon hire. NO support from management. Management are not trained properly. Front lines get more training than they do. Incredibly low pay. You can get paid much more to deal with rude costomers at a different call center. Agents need far more training. Overall not impressed with how employees are treated.
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
Everything else
Sketchy and doesnt communicate
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 January 2018
First you are underpaid. Then you are put through training separated into two parts. first part then on the phone then second on the phone then home. All the team leads are sketchy and do not communicate until there is a big problem. Try to get info and they push you off to another who doesn't have their ducks lined up either.. Biggest waste of time.. not worth the at homeness.
Pros
Cons
no one can tell you whats going on...
Great culture
Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 December 2017
I worked as a call centre agent and this job is not for every one. If you are used to being independent in the workplace, this is not the right job for you. It is micro managed, every call is monitored and all they focus is your call stats. You have to put up with a lot of things for such a very low pay. Yes you get good travel privileges but you need an additional income to make ends meet for 12/hr. It's not even worth it. Now I know why they hire every 3 months because nobody really stays if this is their only source of income.
Pros
Travel privileges
Cons
Erratic schedule
Good
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 November 2017
Good place to work but the pay is super low. Benefit is being able to work from home. Benfiets are great. If pay was better it would be great place to work.
Westjet
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 September 2017
Very positive atmosphere to work in, however the shifts are not very good. Low salaries and employees pay for benefit package. New company to the region and I think they wil learn with time
Very disappointed
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 June 2017
I started At westjet about 4 weeks ago, my performance was great, my attendance was excellent and I gave my 100% every day!
I did my first 2 test and I did great on them both in the 90's.

On my 3rd week our instructor changed our seating and i was place at a computer that was having a lot of issues.
I told my instructor and she had a look at it but nothing else was done to fix the problem.

All week I was not able to complete any practise on that computer, i would start my bookings and i would get strange errors.

I still tried very hard and came in early/Stayed late to make sure I did great like I did to begin with.

My 3rd test I failed and we get 1 rewrite and I failed again by not many points but obviously if I would have had a working computer i would Have never failed in the first place.

If you will hire staff make sure all equipment needed is working for all staff.
Pros
Flight benefits and the staff are nice.
Cons
Malfunctioning equipment
Racisme et discrimination
SSA (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 April 2017
Le travail est très intéressant mais décevant de travailler avec des gens qui n'apprécient pas la différence.
Demande d'être bilingue mais il ne faut pas vraiment l'être.
anglophone unilingue ou baragouiner le français.
si vous venez du Québec, vous êtes automatiquement mis à la porte pour des raisons de racisme envers l'accent francophone du Québec.
Pros
travail de la maison
Cons
team leaser and manager racistes