WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Shift
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2019
When working for West Jet, my day consisted of checking in clients at the desk, boarding flights, wheelchair assistance, unaccompanied minor assistance, which of course all fall sunder customer service.
Pros
It was a fun job and I loved helping people
Cons
Management at the time was not good and was replaced.
Great Place To Work - Best Job I've Ever Had
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport4 April 2019
Typical work day includes providing world class guest service to the travelling public.

Great accessible hands on management on site.

Fabulous corporate culture.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult guests and handling re-accommodation situations when flights cancel etc.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
Pros
Travel Benefits and my co-workers.
Cons
Difficult guests
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport18 January 2019
The best part about the job is that every day is a different day. Every day brings new challenges and new problems. The management team is excellent. They are dedicated to try and make all employees happy. The workplace culture is very supportive and both big and little accomplishments are celebrated. The most enjoyable part of the job is solving the problems and feeling like you accomplished something that day. The hardest part of the job would be the work-life balance. The hours are very long.
Pros
the job iteself is a pro!
Cons
lack of seniority
lots of benefits
Baggage Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2018
working in an airport makes for an exciting experience, and will keep you on your toes in peak seasons.

The people can be unpleasant and entitled but that may just be a customer service thing, the hardest part is taking verbal abuse.

best part of the job is obviously the flight benefits, but health benefits are also very good, and available to even part time employees.

Pay does not seem very competitive but seems to be inline with industry averages.
Pros
flight and health benefits
Cons
pay
Communication Coordinator
Communication Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2018
Huge responsibility. Typical workplace politics. Hard work required. A lot of communicating and organizing. Must be willing to work long hours at all times of the day.
Fun place to work with ever changing enviroment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
West Jet is a Great Place to work, their Culture is uplifting and having the chance to be a part of the future is a fabulous part of being there.
At West Jet its not just a place to work its a Family, a place to grow, and a Place to be a part of something Great.
I love WestJet
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2016
A typical day at work consists of checking in, boarding and de-boarding flights.
I learned how to problem solve through very stressful times and pressure.
Management was always supportive during work situations and life situations.
My Co-workers were very easy going, and fun to be around.
The hardest part of the job was the standing and the long shifts.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being busy, meeting new people, and solving problems.
Fun
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2016
Typical day at work was checking in guests for flights, helping with flights, bridging aircrafts. I learned how to really deal with people and how much fun you can have at a workplace. My management team I found unsupportive which is why I left. My coworkers were amazing! The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who you couldn't help due to flight schedule, when someone had died and they couldn't get a flight out. That was heartbreaking. Most enjoyable part of my job was meeting a lot of new people and having fun!
Amazing place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 January 2016
Moved away so had to resign. Best place I have ever worked!!!
Would go back in a second! You bid on the hours you want and the hours are really flexible if you pick right.
Pros
Friends, bonuses, shares, and travel
Cons
long shifts
Fast paced exciting environment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2015
WestJet offers a very supportive and fun environment. Managers direct all day of operations ensuring all resources and tools in place to meet guests and operational needs.
Intensive , however fun enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2015
I Had fun working in this company, however I felt like I needed a better fit for me, still working with people, I realized that using my skills in the medical field will make me more happy and I decided to change back my career.
Awesome Company
A/C GROOMER (Former Employee) –  edmonton24 March 2014
Great atmosphere, great co workers, great benefits, flight benefits, line maintenance, awesome management. Company makes you feel like being part of a family.
Don't plan to use travel perks? Don't work here.
GUEST SERVICE AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2014
Every employee here will agree with the title statement.

You must pay your dues and work entry level at near-to minimum wage. Probation is 6 months. Cannot apply for any opportunities until you've been working for 6 months. Basic employee perks until you've hit 6 months experience as well.

While you can trade shifts, you will never get something consistent you can rely on to make a second work with without a lot of effort.
Pros
Travel discount can be massive when flying standby, $20 to Vegas, for eg.
Cons
Shift lengths vary from one extreme to another.
Fun workplace
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 April 2012
I was here for two weeks.
Everyone was really friendly and was really helpful whenever I had questions.
Most guests were friendly and understanding when I did not know an answer to a question.
Management was very nice and helpful.