WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto15 November 2017
If you're going to work for an airline, this is the one- fair treatment in terms of seniority and having flexible work life balance. Salary is very low, so usually have to substitute with part time work as well.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Culture
Cons
Pay
Social Care Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2017
I am forever grateful to be employed at a wonderful company. If you have a chance to interview with us, brush up on behavioral based questions and bring your best personality.
na
Airport Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2017
great company to work for great benefits love westjet work for them for 16 years and retired in Aug 2016 would recommend to everyone great company. moved away
Westjet
Sales Super-Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2017
Overalll it is a great company to work for. Great culture

The shifts that I worked at first were not that great but aftrer being there a few years, I got better shifts
Crew Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 October 2017
Westjet is an awesome place to work with the best culture i've ever been apart of. Westjet hires based more on personality then anything else. so ask yourself what type of person am I?
Great coworkers
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON18 October 2017
Great place to work, atmosphere is different with PM agents compared to AM agents. Personally love working both AM's and PM's. The people are great, theyre what make me going at work. The greatest benefits include flight benefits, with expansion more destinations are listed. Pay isnt the greatest but their is a GREAT compensation package including Employee share purchase plan, bonuses, and raises
Pros
Flight benefits, Free food (here and there)
Cons
some management/ coworkers, taxes
fun place to work
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 October 2017
The operation in YWG Is getting larger by the year, which is a testament to how engaged the airline and employees are that work there.
the commute to Winnipeg is difficult because of construction, but this shouldn't hold anyone back from applying to work there
I love being apart of the WestJet Team
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 October 2017
I love planes and talking to people about their travels. It doesn't feel like work. It's fun to go in! I don't know how many people can say that about the companies they work for.
love this company it is number one
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 September 2017
Love this company..has very nice a friendly Managers..very helpful ..if they will ask me again which company you prefer to work with I will say West jet
Friendly staff
Customer & Cargo Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 September 2017
Every day is not the same at workplace. In my work I have to busy always with so many flights. Sometimes inbound and sometimes out bound and some times phone calls with different issues. Yesterday was a such a busy day I could not have my lunch, it was so busy and the worst thing was my system was not working it was down so customers were there to collect there shipment but because of system down I was so slow as well but I cant stop working,I did issue delivery order by manually and let customer happy to have their goods.

And later on when system came back I had to do that again in system. The thing is I have to calm and active and positive to my duties.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
night duties
very supportive supervisors, instructors and peers
Guest Service Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2017
My circumstances changed suddenly as a result of that my new job at WestJet only provided me limited hours which was no longer feasible for me as the salary was not enough for me to be able to afford my monthly bills.

However, I will say that WestJet was very supportive, patient and understanding during a very difficult time and HR told me that if my situation changes in the future that they would be more than pleased to have me employed at WestJet again.

I only gave 3 stars for salary/benefits because the entry level rate of pay is low BUT increases over time increments but the benefits and profit sharing options are amazing!!!
Pros
Free travel
Cons
Lower pay
Westjet
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 September 2017
Very positive atmosphere to work in, however the shifts are not very good. Low salaries and employees pay for benefit package. New company to the region and I think they wil learn with time
Wonderful people for most part and great hours at that time
Crew-van driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
West Jet is a great place to work. I enjoyed it a lot. The shuttle driver position at the time was for crew to and from hanger to terminal. You were busy.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
none that I can think of
Great work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
Westjet was an incredible company to work for. Though not very flexible and that's what got me to leave. Westjet seems to have grown so quickly that some people have been put in to management positions that don't have correct training.
Great place to work!!
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta, Canada26 July 2017
Enjoyed my time with this company!!! I have gone through many changes with this airline. We grew from the little airline that could to a large international airline with many new destinations and aircraft types.
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Long days with little rest
Our corporate culture
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 July 2017
One of the founding principles of WestJet's corporate culture is that we take care of our people as well as if not better than our guests, so they can better take care of our business.

This virtue has been exchanged for corporate greed, one that has seen the executives salary increased by as much as 40% while cutting frontline worker's jobs and freezing wages during what our executives have labeled as difficult economic times.

Under our current CEO we have seen the unionization of our pilot group and soon to be flight attendants and Customer Service Agents as well as our ground staff.

5 years ago this was unthinkable; we all were protectors of our company culture. Now a majority of employees are unsure of their future and the promise of opportunities in our once great corporate experiment.
Pros
Excellent opportunities abound for executives.
Cons
Forget about advancement, wage increases, and recognition for frontline employees.
Employed in Technical Operations
Maintenance Programs Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2017
- Demanding workload, but good benefits and compensation.
- Reactive management style
- Job objective can change daily based on emergency requirements
Pros
Flight benefits, profit sharing, employee share purchase plan
Cons
Poor oportunities for advancement, and lateral movement
Good group of people
Customer Service Representative\ (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON19 July 2017
Great culture, good people. Not a lot of room for advancement, difficult shifts. a lot of perks for travel lovers and people looking to explore canada.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad shifts
overall good enviorment
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 July 2017
Good place to work, does not pay enough for how hard they work you. at the airport its a lot of shift work as well as great responsiblity for close to minimum wage
Westjet TAC Crew
Crew Chief (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2017
Fun job
Easy work
Good work out
Fun people to work with
Good flight benefits
Good medical benefits
Salary could be a bit better for how well we do our job- good SPOT, bag ratio, etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2