WestJet Airlines Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Deer Lake, NL17 March 2019
We would deal with the general public, and enforce rules and regulations in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment. Using my people skills I was able to successfully fulfill all of my duties.
Amazing company
SSA agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 March 2019
Amazing co workers, great trainers, work from home great benefits, very poor pay, and if you have to take time for a sick family member, you have to resign from the company and good luck getting rehired god knows I tried I had to leave because my 15 year old had to go in the children's hospital because of Lupus and cancer, she is better now and I asked to come back because I love my job and they refused me. So not very sympathetic that way.
Pros
staff, work from home, benifits
Cons
Pay, Empathy or Sympathy from head office is not there
Fun place to work, but no life or money
Crew Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2019
Westjet has been the best place to find life long friends and laughs. But when it comes to working for them, kiss your social life outside of work goodbye. Compensation is horrible, so make sure you have a second job to work around a shift work schedule. There are no night premiums or any recognition for a job well done. Management has yes, done the job, been promoted, but lacking all managerial skills to run a successful department. If you want a job that is great as a resume builder, consider this company. Life long career path with Westjet will be hard to maintain!
Pros
Great people, stock options, flight benefits
Cons
Long Hours, underpaid, no night premium
Poor
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 March 2019
Exhausting and abusive environment.
I learned about the airline industry.
Poorly trained management.
awesome peers terrible management.
Sitting on the phone and being yelled at for someone elses choice or mistake.
Pros
work from home
Cons
emotionally abusive
stay away from here
Specialist I - Central Baggage Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2019
i wouldnt recommend this place to my enemy... stay away from here!
i have never, in my entire working life, been treated as poorly as i was working here for 9 years.
Pros
there was a time were this would of been Fligth Benefits
Cons
abuse, no work life balance, no culture
General
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2019
WestJet is a great startup company. They pay for you to commute if you live in a different province which is great considering a good chunk of their employees live in Montreal. They offer good travel privileges, if you ever get enough days off to actually use them. Like many airline companies, a typical work day can start anywhere from a 3am wake-up call to a 6pm wake up call. Sometimes you are lucky enough to finish at noon and enjoy the city you are in and other times you finish at 5am and go to bed at 6am after eating dinner/breakfast. Some days can go smoothly and others are filled with back to back delays and drama. One thing that helps with those tough days is seeing a cute baby or an emotional support animal that the owner will allow you to hang out with and take pictures. You will encouter a lot of friendly people to work with but a lot of drama as well since management and the company ecourages tattle telling on fellow employees, which in return, creates a hostile environment.
Pros
Meeting cute babies/Cute animals
Cons
Pay is horrible for how much you work!
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2019
Your co workers are pretty amazing! Other than that, I would try AC. The pay is horrible. It’s near impossible to have a second job because of our schedules. Management is disorganized and, quite frankly, unprofessional. It continues to go downhill.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No money, less than minimum, took away flight benefits. Never home. Management
Meilleure employeur
Agent de comptoir (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC14 February 2019
Très belle culture d'entreprise! Très compréhensif et tâches plaisantes!
Pros
Culture d'entreprise
Cons
Horaire
Different Every Day
Flight Attendant/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 February 2019
great job if you are young, single, no kids or retired.

Great Opportunity to meet new people everytime you go into work. Some times you get to have layovers in nice places
Pros
never a same day, work with amazing people
Cons
long days, different time zones not that great of pay at times
A bit lonely
Sales and Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 January 2019
The position is stressful at times but overall the guests are good. I recommend this company for someone who prefers to not interact with coworkers and prefers to be alone all the time as you do work from home.
Pros
Excellent airfare for employees and health benefits
Cons
It gets a little lonely
Better places to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2019
It's not the worst airline to work for but you can definitely get much better pay, benefits and treatment from other companies. Management is absolutely horrible but the people you work with daily are awesome for the most part so that takes away from the headache of the constantly changing service standards and policies. They are expanding and possibly bitting off more than they can chew.

They preach about how WestJet is a family in the beginning but you will quickly learn that you are just a number and easily disposable to them as with any other typical big corporation.

Of course as with any airline, the ability to travel is a big plus. Additionally, I will say what WestJet offers that other airlines like Air Canada don't, is the option to commute so you're not forced to chose between moving and having a job. It can be tiresome but worth it if you have the patience.

Overall, not terrible, it's a job....But if you want to pay
your bills, have a life and have management you actually like and they treat you with kindness and respect....exercise other options first.
Pros
Per diem, travel, nice coworkers
Cons
Management, low pay, management
Great place
Flight Attendant/Boeing (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 January 2019
I'm proud to be part of the WestJet family. The culture is one of the best in Canada. we take care of our people and our guests. The best part of working for WestJet is the ability to see the world while working for one of the best companies in Canada.
Benefits
Cons
Away from home a lot
WestJet and WestJet Encore
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Comox, BC23 January 2019
WestJet Encore is regional pay structure which is too low for the job responsibilities and shift times. If you're in a larger city there is room for advancement or if you're willing to relocate.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Pay, shifts, terrible work-life balance.
AWESOME work environment
Sales and Services Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 January 2019
WestJet is an amazing company to work for and the work was simple. Book reservations for guests. The system is easy to learn and there's always support to help. The perks are awesome. You can travel anywhere WestJet flies for pennies. Literally. You even get buddy passes for your family/friends so they can fly at majorly discounted rates. And hey, who doesn't want to travel?

Working from home was the best part. Not having to go out in the cold/rain/etc but being in the comfort of your own home office, THAT was the life.

It just wasn't for me. After years of working in different call centres 'on the phone', I needed a change and wanted to do something else, something OFF the phone. That's the reason I left. I highly recommend WestJet to anybody who enjoys work as a customer service rep and enjoys working alone as opposed to a bigger environment/facility, this job's for you.
Pros
working from home, traveling for pennies, bussy passes
Cons
N/a
Nice benefits, dental, medical, flight perks, stock options, constant change, poor upper management and low morale
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2019
The company overall offered longevity for the right employee and decent advancement opportunities. Upper management seemed to be ever changing. Also all guidelines, policies and customer offerings inflight were constantly under review and changing; exhausting really.
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
Everyone Matters
Sales Super-Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2019
A group of individuals who truly look out for one another. Support is not hard to find and guidance is plentiful. They are only as strong as their weakest link, but their weakest link is always given the tools and support to be the strongest in the group.
As a contractor
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2019
WestJet has a great culture and fantastic group of people. From its small beginnings with great small company charm, it has grown to make it very difficult to keep with those charms. It's still a great company, but I miss the older/smaller days.
Work hard travel often
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2019
This job can be a lifestyle if you want it to be. The money will not be good for the first 5 years and you will work hard. But you cannot beat the travel benefits.
A very fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Comox, BC10 January 2019
WestJet is a wonderful company to work for. My particular station is very fun and my coworkers are very supportive and helpful. One of the best jobs I have every had.
Pros
I look forward to going to work and learn each and every day.
Cons
Cannot live on the wages. Need a second job to make ends meet.
Amazing
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2019
West jet is amazing
Great place work fun meeeting new people
Enjoy your time having great time different place yo wotk with airline is exciting specaily firdt time
Pros
Free lunchs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WestJet Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.