Westguard

Westguard Employee Reviews

Canada4 reviews
I’m happy to work with Westgurd they pay good wage they pay lunch break management very good they treat like friend Westgurd company offer our employees Discount coupon once year i am lucky to be employee Westgurd
I just want to touch base on some other reviews ive seen.

Rating a company low based on another guards performance dosent even make sense. I would advise indeed to remove it.

Another review said something about a lack of hours.

Ive rated Westguard 2/5 for work life balance, the reason for this score is because I have so many hours and get schedueled over 40 hours a week consistently. (please note that I want these type of hours, and its easily achievable)

Ive rated westguard pretty high overall for how flexible they are with availability, They offer great pay and the managment team really has your back.
Pros
Great Pay, Great mangement Very Flexible
Cons
Almost to many hours
In my professional and honest opinion why is WestGuard even a security company in the first place as I worked with Paladin before for about 2 years. The people who work for the company just stand around observe and report to the police for every little thing which is embarrassing also I have seen surveillance videos at one of the sites the guards do not prevent anything from happening they just stand around documenting and call the police on every little thing which is embarrassing because with security you have a window of opportunity from preventing something from happening looking out for your clients best Interests because I would prevent something from happening if I had to go Hands-On I would have the last resort but they have a strict policy of calling the police and no touching that's not security at all. I gave them my availability at the beginning of me being hired but I never worked a day with them and I had quit the next few days after being hired because they give priority to the site supervisors for the morning shifts which I wanted and had clearly told them that was near the end of 2018.
Pros
nothing
Cons
I would not recommend working for this company. The office staff changes constantly, and they don't care about their employees. There are no hours. The benefits are poor. The hours don't exist. And most of the posts are terrible. The training is bad and then they blame poor work on the staff who were not trained properly. Not a good company to work for. Terrible management. Unfair staffing. Just not a good place at all.
Pros
Hotdogs and donuts
Cons
No hours, no priority in employees, no caring, no communication, no help from the union