Westerra Equipment Employee Reviews

Good place to get experience and move on
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 April 2018
Good group of guys in the shop, and lots of opportunity to learn. Not a lot of opportunity to move up within the company, no payed breaks and poor wages compared to competitors. Management is moving towards corporate style business and squeezing out a lot of good things about ma and pa shops and leaving out good things about corporate shops. Besides poor wage and benefits the atmosphere is a lot of fun.
Pros
Atmosphere, co workers and experience
Cons
Wage, benefits and manegment
Official response from Westerra Equipment
21 February 2019

Recent changes at Westerra include improved benefits and wages as well as a new facility opening fall of 2019!

Somewhere I look forward to going every day and a job I love doing
Rental Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC7 February 2018
I enjoy coming to work every day to greet people who are not just my co-workers but people who have become my friends. The customers we have are always kind and a pleasure to deal with, The team atmosphere we have here means your never alone when dealing with a challenge or if you simply have a question. Management is transparent, accessible and supportive right to the top of our company with the executive team in frequent contact with all employees of the company at every branch. There are many opportunities to learn with training provided online or in courses as individuals or part of a group. I have received multiple certifications and many skills since working here. I would recommend people to work for our company any day.
Pros
Growth Opportunities, Clearly designated roles, Great Culture
Cons
Currently Aged Facility
Great industry experience and career development for new grads
Intermediate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC21 July 2017
I was hired right after university graduation in the accounting/finance team. The management provided useful training and career development for young professionals. I was given opportunities to work on multiple important projects to gain valuable hands-on industry working experience. The management also promotes work-life balance and employee health through some incentive program. In my department, my colleagues were really friendly and knowledgeable. We had a lot of team building events after work. Even after I left the company for over two years, I still kept in touch with them.
Pros
Useful industry experience and good career development opportunities
Cons
Career advancement opportunity is vague

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westerra Equipment. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3