Westerner Park

Westerner Park Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
Can work when it makes sense for me.
I enjoy being a supervisor there but the wage could be higher as a supervisor because of all the added responsibilities. My bosses were good to work for as they were very leeniant as to my schedule which I liked the most ecspesially when I was going to school and had extra ciricular activities.
Pay is great but the work can be very mind numbing at times.
Working here is a hit and miss depending on the day. Sometimes there will be lots to do and the day will roll by smoothly. Other days will be full of “make work” projects that kill motivation and drag the day on. The schedule is not ideal either. For example, you will go from a 6am shift to a 4pm shift with very little transition time.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Bad scheduling, boring work, not a great environment.
Good experience
Working at Westerner Park were a good way to learn the teammate. It was a good experience because the best way way to have experience is to have tried it
Great management group.
This entire organization is dedicated to the promotion and delivery of entertainment and agricultural events, which they do well. They are a group of very well meaning people, with down home values.
Cliquey
If you are not a favourite of lead hands you will get the dirtiest jobs. Favoritism rules the place.
The shifts start at 8am or 10am or 2pm or 4pm or 6pm and run for 8 hours. You never know when you are working until the schedual is posted. Hard to

a home life maintain
Ushered during Hockey games and some events
Majority of the time was ushering hockey games. Sometimes, if you were picked, I was able to usher a special event. It was an evening job. There was no lifting of heavy items and majority was to just observe. If any major issues - there was security team that would deal with that.
great job great bosses
my typical day at work starts off going to the cash office picking up my cash for my concession. Going to concession open it up starting with doing my opening inventory. Then putting my cash in tills and starting set up if my staff has not started it yet. Then we open windows to serve customers. Then at the end i do cash outs and end of day inventory. Let stock know what is needed. close down concession with my staff. Take cash to cash office to end my day.
Culture of Organization is Not Professional
The organization has a lot of potential, but the CEO created a toxic work environment that affected the culture and collaboration of the Leadership Team. Lack of experience and complacency from several long term leaders in senior positions caused service issues for guests, poor recruiting/training of employees, and low team morale. Excessive hours of work was expected without additional compensation
Very non-productive with horrible management.
Always watch your back as you never know who your friends are. Management is not to be trusted at any time. Guests were really good but some co-workers were lazy and if you talked to a supervisor you got in trouble. Dedication and hard work never paid off.
Excellent and safe place to work.
I had a great experience working at Westerner Park and learned
a lot of different skills useful for my life. The salary and benefits are

very good and the managers are always helpful for any concerns

that the workers have.
Pros
Great salary.
Cons
None.
Concession Cashier
It was a very immature environment to work in. The supervisors were too young. There was a lot of drama. Just not a great work environment all around. I was pretty disappointed leaving.
Unanimous Work
My co workers were very kind. Everyone was respectful and considerate. I was always included in something. No one was left behind. My supervisor was very modivational towards us as the job would be over 10 hours of working.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Potential long hours
good place to work
The job was a good place to work. did many things like sold food and cleaned up the mess at the end of every night had great co-workers and had a great time.
Pros
got to watch the hockey game
Good part time work
The westerner is a job place that focuses on good service and good working conditions for its employees. Though work is often inconsistent for food and beverage employees it still makes for a decent side job
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Inconsistent work
fun place to work and staff is great to work with
great and easy place to work , manager was great , booths were air conditions and in a great view, customers were friendly and staff everywhere were nice. training was easy and the location is easy to find
Fun atmosphere
Typical night at work: Clock in, go to concession to set up and cook food. Open an hour before puck drop. Stayed open until the start of the third period when we would close the concession and clean everything up before leaving to clock out.
I learned to handle money on till, learned to cook food and properly wrap everything

Management was good. Gave everyone fair shifts

Co-workers were fun, got along with almost everyone

Hardest part of the job was keeping the concession counter clean

The most enjoyable part of the job was before the concession would open when myself and some other guys would talk, share jokes, and laugh about fun stuff.
Pros
Making money and making customers happy
Cons
Not enough shifts after hockey season ended
very productive and very fun once you get to know the people you work with.
i have learn how to manage the tills by been in the till and sometimes supervising. there is nothing hard in this job just when you get to know the people that you work with and the concession everything goes very easy and most of the time you get some time off before the event start.
Pros
increase your communication skill.
Cons
too much youth people work there.
Some Perks from Association
Not a bad place to work as it is fun and always changing with the odd perk.
Every long weekend Lunch is provided to all full time employees.

This position is very fast paced multitasking and organizational skills are needed.

Benefits Package

The Operations staff were great and always willing to work with you to find any solutions needed.

Lacking of a CEO is definitely hurting the company.
Pros
Some free lunches, Christmas Party & benefits
Cons
No current CEO, Low wage with no increases
Fast paced, family atmosphere
Always flexible. They ask if you can work certain days and if you can't you aren't penalized for it.

Fast paced. During the hockey season workers can expect to get anywhere from 2-5 shifts a week.

Most workers are easy to get along with, although there is a couple that are hard to reason with.

management is very understanding and they treat you like family. They seem to care about you as a person, not a worker.
Pros
Free hockey games, fast paced, great people
Cons
Some bad workers, not much training provided.
Always Different
I have learned to work with all kinds of people and deal with many different types of customers.
Pros
every day is different
Fun workplace with chances to see concerts
Everyday is the same working at the Westerner the same routine day in and day out. The people that I work with are great and there is a wide variety of people as well. Our bosses are very understanding and caring. The part I enjoy most about going to work is that I get to see all the friends I have made there its fun going to work.
Pros
get to watch the events that come
Cons
it's not steady work