Western Union Employee Reviews

Found 51 reviews matching the search See all 1,156 reviews
Great company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2019
A really good company with great leadership and they really teach you about the world in terms of financial transfers. You also learn about various frauds and terrorist financing risks that exist
18 March 2019

#WUHOO We are happy to read of your positive feedback! We encourage our leadership teams to be part of process of building better business with our teams! Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Great company to work for
Senior QA Analyst/Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 February 2019
Well established large international company that provides good work life balance. If you are looking for a challenging environment with a high potential of grow - not recommended.
18 March 2019

We are very disappointed to hear of your feedback. At WU, we support the growth and professional development of each employee and continue to look for opportunities to help employees across all levels and departments in their careers.

Office morale low
Senior FX Trader & Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2019
Learned: Market and what to expect, how to correctly defuse client issues and find the best outcome for the client
Management: No room for growth
Workplace Culture: Office Morale low. Very unfair treatment within different teams.
Most Enjoyable: Connecting to the clients.
25 February 2019

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to promote an encouraging and positive company culture. As we continue to promote positive change, we will share feedback like this with relevant teams.

a nice place to work
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2019
I enjoyed working at WU. When I left I was a little sad. Some management teams were amazing, but they were let go and new managers were not as nice as previous managers
Pros
stable place
Cons
no work from home or flex hours
25 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to see you describe WU as a nice place to work! #WOOTWU. We wish you the best of luck in your career!

Terrible organization
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2018
Very poor work environment.
Mismanaged by all levels of management.
Lack of employee consideration.
Very low pay.
Extremely high stress environment.
Multiple breaches of Employment Standards.
12 December 2018

We are disappointed to hear of your experience. We would like to understand more about the concerns you have brought up. If you feel comfortable doing so, please reach out to us at careers@westerunion.com.

this cannot be WU
Web Developer, contractor Vancouver BC (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2018
I was expecting much much more. This is WU at the end of the day.
Scattered management, good luck with your approval needs. Someone around the world, who has never seen you will approve your contract when time comes.
Pros
depends on your immediate manager
Cons
depends on your immediate manager
11 December 2018

At WU, we do our best to put the right processes in place for our employees to succeed. We will share your feedback with the appropriate teams.

Productive and fun work place
Project Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 September 2018
Very professional environment and lots of scope to learn and showcase your skills. Great team members and well known company in the globe. Great internal tools to work with.
Pros
games
Cons
work is monataneous
11 December 2018

We're happy to see that you enjoyed our company culture and took advantage of opportunities to learn and grow your skills! #WUfortheWin

Productive and fun
Operation Support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 August 2018
Meet deadlines. Process payments and release payments at a timely fashion

Management and collègues very friendly

the most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere
Pros
Free Lunches, christmas gifts
Good Upper management, poor in store management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC27 July 2018
Great place to work lots of chances for bonuses for selling pre paid MasterCard and answering the phone properly. District manager was excellent and very easy to work for.
Management in the store was very bias to their friends that they hired. Company had a program where anyone that referred someone to work at the company would get a bonus once the person they had referred had made it past their three month probation. This included management being able to refer, hire, train and promote their friends within the company ensure that they(the manager) would get their bonus for "referring" a "great" employee. This lead to management going on extremely long shopping lunch dates with their friends leaving the leftover staff struggling to keep up with client demands while short staffed.
Pros
good bonuses and comapny lunches
Cons
long hours with minimal staff
30 November 2018

We appreciate hearing your positive feedback about WU! We are sorry to hear of your impression of our employee referral program. Oftentimes, our employees have great insights as to who would make a good addition to the WU team. That being said, to ensure there is no bias in our hiring, we do NOT allow referral bonuses for 1) members of the Talent Acquisition or HR Business Partner organizations, 2) members of the hiring team for an open role or employees interviewing candidates or providing input on the hiring decision (Hiring Manager, Hiring Manager’s Manager, etc.,) or 3) Vice President level and above employees. We will share your other comments to ensure all managers are providing leadership and development opportunities equitably across the organization.

Job experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2018
Was a excellent stepping stone to get my feet into the customer service/sales departments.

Was a very structural job setting, in terms of keeping track of log in times/breaks etc which provides a good learning experience in discipline in your work environment.
Friendly work environment
Business Analyst (Finance) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 April 2018
Had a wonderful experience working at Western Union, performed major financial transaction all over the world.

Had a fun and professional team. Training on different modules was helpful and gave us lot of exposure to know the economy of different countries.
Pros
Flexible timings
Cons
Stressful
traditional company try to adapt new technoledgy
Data Architect (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 December 2017
Western Union is a traditional Fortune 500 company with many internal procedures, the company is trying to adopt new technology, but there are so many barrels.
Home Based
Territory Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Canada10 November 2017
There is a lack in professional growth opportunities. Prospecting new customers, deliver technical presentations and closing sales. Managing pipeline and sales incentives.Grow accounts and maximize transaction volume/revenue.
Technical Business Analysst
Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 August 2017
Western Union has taken over Custom House,a Victoria based company to provide cross border based money transfers.
The culture was very innovative and communication was excellent between IT and the business department.
Too many silos
Senior Dealer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
Organization has a lot of potential but stuck with too many different different groups. hard to see how things fit together at times. Everything is more complicated than it really needs to be
Pros
good benefits
Cons
onerous rules and procedures
productive, quiet, balanced
Cashier ~~ , Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON1 June 2017
nice, quiet place to work.
I never had any negative experiences in my 6 years working there.
I started as a cashier on the front end and was moved up to supervisor after a couple of years. Overall I had a great time working there.
Customer priority number one
Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
Western Union was a great experience for my professional career, I was able to interact with customers to get feed back so we can improve our service for their next visit. The workplace culture was friendly, Western Union cared for its customers and they always made sure the customers were our first priority that they leave with a satisfactory service. Overall, the job provided me with the ground work on managing the branch effectively and gathering the staff to work as a team for a common goal.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
customer complains
Good career growth opportunities along with job security
Customer service representative in Cash shop (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ontario28 March 2017
Very friendly and motivating work culture
Good career growth
One of the biggest bank of India
Employers alwags welcome new and innovative ideas.
Best place to work in personnel sector.
Pros
Lots of incentive based on work performance
Cons
Short breaks and do not grant leave easily
Fun place to work.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
It was a seasonal job, but overall it was great. I learned how to engage greatly with customers and demonstrate job itinerary in a short amount of time.
learn how to handle situation according to customer
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North York, ON29 December 2016
The job was very enjoyable when i found the account information of customer easily and at the time when customer was very cooperative. The part i found difficult when somebody gave the wrong receiver name and i had to call customer care to solve the problem.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Union. Our community is ready to answer.