Western Québec School Board

Western Québec School Board Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews

Was a fun place to work

After 36 years worth it hasn't changed much in advancement unless you are a member of the family or a brown nosier to advance in a higher paying position now you have to be credified for you to be able to advance but at your expense before arriving .they limit who gets Credified . Know this personal as I've asked . Can only your favorites get credified sorry to say .was the first one in the board to have the whimis course. Till they made it manitory in our work place .same with safety course that most jobs have to have now a days is become manitory . Which I was told doesn't count for me but only for those who they like .they still need to clean up there act . They have a long way to go .

After working for other boards, this one is not the best

Work environment isn’t the most welcoming, plus lack of roles to move into. Pay and benefits are pretty low. 👎 Lack of communication exists everywhere and there seems to be lack of training and support for those new to the board. I’ve had much better experiences in other boards.

Insights into Western Québec School Board

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks

Lots of opportunity for teaching staff, especially with little experience.

There are lots of opportunities for full time teaching roles within this school board. If you're a new teacher you can get hired on right away. The pay is lower than other provinces.

Pros

Easygoing and more jobs available.

Cons

Lower pay than other provinces.

WQSB is a great place to work and you are able to work independently while as part of a team

Love working with the other maintenance crew members. There is never a day when you aren't doing something. It's great to interact with the kids at the schools during the day and also have your own time to work independently in the evenings.

Pros

Great pay, challenging, physical work

Fast paced work environment

Works at enriching students education and prioritizes employee knowledge. Team work is essential as well a professionalism and confidentiality. Overall a great place to work who gives lots of continuing education opportunities but you need the seniority to advance anywhere,

they are incompetents

Backstabbing starts rumors take people to be boss when they dont have knowledge for and they like big mouth and they encourage people to go sit orgo smoking outside when you have job to do

Great people to work with, wonderful collaboration, salary could be better.

Having worked for many years in the private sector, if found the work atmosphere and the handling of business, and management quite different.I believe that due to my experience, and knowledge, i could have been placed on a higher salary step, especially since i have personally spearheaded, major upgrades to their system. but overall because of working conditions, and great team spirit, it is a good place to work.

Terrible place to work. Management are a bunch of thieves and don’t care for the children nor their education.

Most corrupted place I’ve ever worked. A bunch of butt kissers who will back stab anybody just so they can get ahead with their own career. This school board should be abolished as suggested by our Québec government. Don’t forget about the corruption scandal back in 2012/2013...

Pros

Local place to work

Cons

Backstabbers, poor management, no career advancement

Good with people and public

I will work long hours if need be. I am good with other people and with serving and making the public feel welcome in any industry. I am hardworking and dedicated.

Pros

hardworking and dedicated

Cons

Travelling takes some time

Daycare and attendant to the handicapped. Great place to work. Flexible hours, benefits not the best. All in all I've worked here a long time and enjoy it quite a bit.

Awesome Place to Work

Work life balance is awesome, and the its is well managed. Staff are great, outgoing and happy. Overall a great place to work. Everyone is very nice

Avis

-Apprécie la journée typique de travail - -Gentil, aide à apprendre - -Travailler avec les étudiants qui ne te respect pas et qui ne te comprennent pas (autre langue) -

Long term emloyment

Great place to learn about team work every day and to feel like you are part of something. Your time and effort is strongly valued and appreciated every day, it really gives you a sense of accomplishment. Learning is about taking the time every day to know what you have to improve and set your goals. Dealing with customers can be tricky but it's all about having the right tools about knowing that the information you are giving is the right one. I learned in my years of experience that a mistake can happen to every one but you are expected to know how to fix it because it can affect others. Taking responsability for your actions is very important. It makes you aware of your environment. The management is very professional but also, takes the time to meet with you on regular base to discuss about performance.

Pros

Working in a driven team

Great clients to work with!

A place to learn and hone network and hardware skills!Great co-workers!Varied work locations!Lots of area to explore!

Pros

lots of new equipment!

Cons

little or no career advancement...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Québec School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement