Western Québec School Board Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work. Management are a bunch of thieves and don’t care for the children nor their education.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Western Québec7 July 2019
Most corrupted place I’ve ever worked. A bunch of butt kissers who will back stab anybody just so they can get ahead with their own career. This school board should be abolished as suggested by our Québec government. Don’t forget about the corruption scandal back in 2012/2013...
Pros
Local place to work
Cons
Backstabbers, poor management, no career advancement
Good with people and public
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Val-d'Or, QC3 May 2019
I will work long hours if need be. I am good with other people and with serving and making the public feel welcome in any industry. I am hardworking and dedicated.
Pros
hardworking and dedicated
Cons
Travelling takes some time
Attendant to the Handicapped (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC7 November 2017
Daycare and attendant to the handicapped. Great place to work. Flexible hours, benefits not the best. All in all I've worked here a long time and enjoy it quite a bit.
Awesome Place to Work
Casual Worker (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC20 March 2017
Work life balance is awesome, and the its is well managed. Staff are great, outgoing and happy. Overall a great place to work. Everyone is very nice
Avis
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, QC24 February 2017
-Apprécie la journée typique de travail
-Gentil, aide à apprendre
-Travailler avec les étudiants qui ne te respect pas et qui ne te comprennent pas (autre langue)
Long term emloyment
Office Agent (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC30 December 2016
Great place to learn about team work every day and to feel like you are part of something. Your time and effort is strongly valued and appreciated every day, it really gives you a sense of accomplishment. Learning is about taking the time every day to know what you have to improve and set your goals. Dealing with customers can be tricky but it's all about having the right tools about knowing that the information you are giving is the right one. I learned in my years of experience that a mistake can happen to every one but you are expected to know how to fix it because it can affect others. Taking responsability for your actions is very important. It makes you aware of your environment. The management is very professional but also, takes the time to meet with you on regular base to discuss about performance.
Pros
Working in a driven team
Great clients to work with!
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, Qc20 February 2013
A place to learn and hone network and hardware skills!

Great co-workers!

Varied work locations!

Lots of area to explore!
Pros
lots of new equipment!
Cons
little or no career advancement...