Western Learning Academy Employee Reviews

Short hours, but meaningful work at this tutoring place.
Professional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
A typical day involves sitting down with a child for a lesson on the subject they or their parents deem fit and walking them through how not to repeat their previous mistakes and improving upon their skills. The hardest part of the job is to be prepared for a student who has a test coming up in a day or two and expects you as a tutor to walk them through how to ace it, having had no practice. The job is enjoyable because the team dynamic is always positive, parts of the team willing to contribute where you lack, and willing to ask you for aid when they need it. As someone who appreciates a good team, this place is great for that. Management is not always understanding of individual children's needs, and the location is not always prepared to cater to all children. For example, I needed a grade 11 chemistry book for one of my students. and was told by the management that we would have that book by the next week. We never acquired that book. The workplace is pleasant, located by Bathurst/Steeles, and is mostly grades 1-6 children.
Pros
Almost no pressure during work, if you work well with children.
Cons
Extremely short, limited hours.
It is a wonderful experience working in this academy as a office manager.
Office Manager/ Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bathurst/Steeles4 January 2017
It is a wonderful experience working in this academy as a office manager.
The Team is good,There is lots of to learn from here.I have been working in this company as a manager and accountant.
Pros
Managing the team.
Cons
nothing much