Western Health Newfoundland

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction

I’ve enjoyed my time at Western Health, and continue to each day.Unfortunately with Covid I have to choose family life and move to another province to be with them.It’s a good environment and I have met some really great friends that will last a lifetime.

Poor management

The facility I worked at was great. It was just very poorly managed. Nursing staff are very underappreciated and are often treated unfairly by management.

Pros

Great co workers

Cons

Poorly managed.

Government

The same as Western School District, it is a government entity that can become toxic with all the bureaucracies that happen every fiscal year. Dealing with unions is very restrictive.

A typical day at work was good. I loved working with my co - workers and taking care of the people i did. I learned many different things about how to take care of people Management was really good Workplace Culture was good, I got to learn lots of new things and how to care for all kinds of people

Enjoyed working in a small community hospital.

You get to know every patient/client as you all live in the same small community. Everyone is friendly and they acknowledge you in every way. I learned a lot about family dynamics, relations and family histories and the interconnections.

Fun work place

Loved my job and the people Atmosphere was great Could be stressful but i enjoyed every day at work My co workers were great as well to work with and be around

A good place to work

A good place to work. A fast paced environment. I learnt time management skills which were very important when caring for 16 to 32 resident's. I worked different hours, nights and days, mostly 12 hour shifts. I have never had any issues with management thus far. I feel comfortable going to my manager with any issues that may arise. Staff are, for the most part, very helpful, hard working individuals. The hardest part of my job is the declining of resident conditions, it is, unfortunately, an inevitable part of life, but it is always sad to see. I enjoy my resident's very much, they will always hold a place in my heart.

Amazing Job

amazing job love caring for seniors , cooking and cleaning, it is very rewading career choice it I=ssometimes hard not to take your job homw with you

on call sucks

The management set you up to fail every step of the way. You were unable to provide proper quality of care to residents due to time constraints. We were often short staffed and the size of the rooms compared to the amount of equipment made it very difficult to work. It was a hostile work environment at the best of times. And constantly being on call for what was mostly a 4 hour shift here and there made it very difficult to have a life. My marriage almost failed because of this job.

rewarding place to work

busy but rewarding place to work. management are there to answer any questions you may have and try to help in areas that they can. co-workers are very helpful, a lot of team work takes place. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you made a difference

Pros

schedule

Cons

alot to cover in a 12 hours shift

Memorable People

This was one of the hardest jobs I have ever done. While very satisfying to help others that can not do for themselves, it was also very hard to see at the same time. There was no real typical day as such. We would work as a team usually and very little on your own. My duties was to assist others with daily living, such as cleaning and helping them get dressed, with meals and coping with their daily stress of not being able to do for themselves like they once did. The hardest part of my job was watching people fade away, when there was nothing else for me to do but comfort them the best I could, weather that be by reading to them, do their hair or by just holding their hand. With that being said these were also some of the most enjoyable times, because there is nothing else in this world like making someone smile or to not feel alone.

Pros

Worked with many great people

Cons

Long hours and no proper shift planning.

ok place to work

Typical day is very busy. Days that you work short staffed are very difficult. Managers are soso to deal with, some are more available and seem to care about you over others. Co-workers for most part are friendly, but you do have many who forgets that there is no "I" in team work. Hardest part of the job is feeling overwhelmed with work load some days and dealing with death of patients, residents etc. Most enjoyable part is knowing your helping provide care to people and knowing that your are making a difference in someones life.

Pros

good co- workers and pay scale

Cons

long hours or working short staffed

Productive and uplifting department

Very productive department Work load on higher end Offer multiple services and modalities Great staff Good work/lifestyle balance Approchable colleagues

Job Summary

Administering medication, assisting residents with ADLs, feeding residents as needed. My manager was fantastic, always went above and beyond for the employees. I loved my time at Western health.

High stress non stop environment

Typical day at work would include answering phones, unloading washers of surgical instruments, constant adapting to changes. Repetitive construction of surgical Trays. Its an ever learning job. Coworkers are enjoyable with the array of personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job is the everyday challenges.

Pros

challenging

Cons

casual on call

Great Place to work within a collaborative environment

This establishment provided a comfortable and safe working environment. Staff members work well as an interdisciplinary team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Health Newfoundland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement