Western Health Newfoundland

Western Health Newfoundland Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews
The same as Western School District, it is a government entity that can become toxic with all the bureaucracies that happen every fiscal year. Dealing with unions is very restrictive.
The facility I worked at was great. It was just very poorly managed. Nursing staff are very underappreciated and are often treated unfairly by management.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Poorly managed.
A typical day at work was good. I loved working with my co - workers and taking care of the people i did.
I learned many different things about how to take care of people

Management was really good

Workplace Culture was good, I got to learn lots of new things and how to care for all kinds of people
You get to know every patient/client as you all live in the same small community. Everyone is friendly and they acknowledge you in every way. I learned a lot about family dynamics, relations and family histories and the interconnections.
Loved my job and the people
Atmosphere was great

Could be stressful but i enjoyed every day at work

My co workers were great as well to work with and be around
A good place to work. A fast paced environment. I learnt time management skills which were very important when caring for 16 to 32 resident's. I worked different hours, nights and days, mostly 12 hour shifts. I have never had any issues with management thus far. I feel comfortable going to my manager with any issues that may arise. Staff are, for the most part, very helpful, hard working individuals. The hardest part of my job is the declining of resident conditions, it is, unfortunately, an inevitable part of life, but it is always sad to see. I enjoy my resident's very much, they will always hold a place in my heart.
amazing job love caring for seniors , cooking and cleaning, it is very rewading career choice it I=ssometimes hard not to take your job homw with you
The management set you up to fail every step of the way. You were unable to provide proper quality of care to residents due to time constraints. We were often short staffed and the size of the rooms compared to the amount of equipment made it very difficult to work. It was a hostile work environment at the best of times. And constantly being on call for what was mostly a 4 hour shift here and there made it very difficult to have a life. My marriage almost failed because of this job.
busy but rewarding place to work. management are there to answer any questions you may have and try to help in areas that they can. co-workers are very helpful, a lot of team work takes place. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you made a difference
Pros
schedule
Cons
alot to cover in a 12 hours shift
This was one of the hardest jobs I have ever done. While very satisfying to help others that can not do for themselves, it was also very hard to see at the same time. There was no real typical day as such. We would work as a team usually and very little on your own. My duties was to assist others with daily living, such as cleaning and helping them get dressed, with meals and coping with their daily stress of not being able to do for themselves like they once did. The hardest part of my job was watching people fade away, when there was nothing else for me to do but comfort them the best I could, weather that be by reading to them, do their hair or by just holding their hand. With that being said these were also some of the most enjoyable times, because there is nothing else in this world like making someone smile or to not feel alone.
Pros
Worked with many great people
Cons
Long hours and no proper shift planning.
Typical day is very busy. Days that you work short staffed are very difficult. Managers are soso to deal with, some are more available and seem to care about you over others. Co-workers for most part are friendly, but you do have many who forgets that there is no "I" in team work. Hardest part of the job is feeling overwhelmed with work load some days and dealing with death of patients, residents etc. Most enjoyable part is knowing your helping provide care to people and knowing that your are making a difference in someones life.
Pros
good co- workers and pay scale
Cons
long hours or working short staffed
Very productive department
Work load on higher end

Offer multiple services and modalities

Great staff

Good work/lifestyle balance

Approchable colleagues
Administering medication, assisting residents with ADLs, feeding residents as needed. My manager was fantastic, always went above and beyond for the employees. I loved my time at Western health.
Typical day at work would include answering phones, unloading washers of surgical instruments, constant adapting to changes. Repetitive construction of surgical Trays. Its an ever learning job. Coworkers are enjoyable with the array of personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job is the everyday challenges.
Pros
challenging
Cons
casual on call
This establishment provided a comfortable and safe working environment. Staff members work well as an interdisciplinary team.