Western Financial Group Employee Review

View all Western Financial Group reviews

Worst Managers I Have Ever Worked For
Communications  (Former Employee) –  High River, AB23 May 2013
When I started at Western I was truly excited to be working for what I thought was an amazing company. After about a year there I started to realize that there was very little stability, most people are gone within a year or two of starting. Of those people most were let go or fired for seemingly no reason. The managers are the worst I have ever worked for. There is little room for growth or advancement and HR/management does not care at all about staff. If you have any concerns you will just be fired.

Several people were getting sick in the office and they were just shoved aside and eventually let go for no reason. HR said even if a quarter of the staff were ill it would be too small a number to really be concerned with fixing the problem.

Save your time and effort and work for a company that will value the contributions of bright people.

Pros
Good hours, decent benefits
Cons
No job stability, crazy managers, dishonest people promoted.

Other Western Financial Group Employee Reviews

Excellent organization to work for
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2018
Management has become much better over the years, they truly care about their employees. The company has a fantastic onboarding/training process, and provides many opportunities to advance from within.
Pros
Great work-life balance, plenty of time off
Cons
Overall compensation is good but not great
Commercial Sales
Commercial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 February 2018
Young atmosphere, paid training, and good place to learn insurance very quick.

Unrealistic sales targets, very low base salary which doesn’t increase even after years of service. Very very high turnover which makes this a toxic work environment as there are constantly people leaving, and even customers notice that different people are calling them every year.

Good to learn insurance but not somewhere to spend a career as there is no opportunity for advancement.
Pros
Can make lots of money
Cons
Bad management, low base salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Western Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5