Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Work-life balance reviews

Featured review
Western Financial Group selected this as a representative review
Great place to start a career in the insurance industry, trained and be licensed, then wait for an opportunity to move forward in your career. Set goals for yourself.
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
Culture is great at Western. Lots of access to Senior Leadership which is nice. There does seem to be lots of opportunity for advancement and to make a difference.
Small town, family focused culture however focused on providing a great career opportunity. The company is always looking for employee feedback and does all it can to improve the work life balance.
Opportunities to grow your career if this interests you. Great culture allowing for employees to feel supported and provide best service to customers.
Great company that is going places. Great work/life balance with a family of young kids and I enjoy being a part of this company. I look forward to a long future with Western Financial Group.
Western Financial Group truly cares about their employees. There are many ways in which you are able to grow. The company promotes growth within, and wants to see each employee succeed. It is a very rewarding career!
Great company to grow with, excellent culture, and they put their people first. Diverse management team. Company promotes within and encourages growth.
I have been working with Western for over six years and love this company. We've been through lots of change - some of it quite difficult - but we continue to head in the right direction. I honestly never expected the insurance industry to be so fast paced; I never have a dull day! The support of my team and leadership have made a big difference in my own success with Western, but it's all my colleagues and our culture of acceptance, teamwork and community spirit that make Western a great place to be day-to-day.
Western provides a great culture for learning new skills and advancing your career, all while working along side friendly and highly motivated professionals. The organization places a heavy importance on ensuring that employees are striving in their roles and content in their choice of employer, and consistently utilize employee feedback to make working at Western a positive and rewarding experience. I highly recommend starting or continuing your career with Western!
Western is such a great place to work, I enjoy coming to work in the morning. The only downside is the pay. I get paid much less then what others in the same position make at different companies.
I work hard (my choice) because I enjoy my job, and my hard work is regularly acknowledged by my Manager, the SVP and my colleagues. I have been here for over 10 years and have seen a lot of changes - some good, some not so good -, but we are definitely on the right path now and I can only see good things for Westerns future.
Western Financial Group provides opportunities for personal development and encourages advancement within the network. This support led me into a completely different position which I do enjoy!
Good work/life balance, support from leadership. This is a very proud Canadian company. They give back to the community which is nice to be a part of.
Western is actively working towards a better culture and work environment. This is an exciting time to be working at this company, as many good changes are slated for the near future. Recent employee feedback is being taken to heart.
The best part of my job is definitely working with a great group of people who continuously want to be better. There is an overwhelming feeling of family at Western and I'm so happy to have found my dream job - I know that sounds a bit cliché but it's true! On my way to work I get the most amazing view of the sunrise over the prairies and mountains and I spend my day learning about our business, about how our people are supporting our communities and I feel like this is a company I could spend many, many years with. I feel encouraged and motivated to try new and innovative ways of doing things and I don't feel scared to fail sometimes. Although the pay is a bit lower than I would like, I know I have opportunities to grown with the company which is very important to me. The management team here is also very accessible and friendly and you really feel like part of one big happy (and sometimes dysfunctional) family!
Western FG provides a rewarding workplace with tons of potential for growing and advancing one's career. With locations across Western Canada and in-house claims and underwriting departments, the company offers a wide range of opportunities for specializing and expanding one's insurance knowledge and expertise.
Good company to work for. Treats both employees and clients with fairness and integrity. Respects that we have lives outside of work and encourages work life balance
Stimulating work with empowering work environment. Suggest having a satellite office location in Calgary in order to attract and retain a larger talent pool. The benefits could be better in line with industry standards.
Western has truly allowed me to move and advance my career. They are supportive with opportunity, coaching and feedback. The resources we have here are amazing. Everyone from Head office to my own branch is like an extended family. It is a challenging career and it challenges me to be a better broker & leader. I would not change a thing about my career here and the fine folks I work alongside with.
Great place to work with some excellent people and opportunities for career advancement are available. The benefits are outstanding and is a great environment to work in on a daily basis.
Western Financial Group is a great place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement and great benefits for you and your family. If you are looking for job security and a life long career choose Western!