Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Work-life balance reviews

Featured review
Western Financial Group selected this as a representative review
Great place to start a career in the insurance industry, trained and be licensed, then wait for an opportunity to move forward in your career. Set goals for yourself.
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
My typical day at work is spent with customers, working on a computer and drinking a lot of coffee. Most of my customers are fantastic and trust the advice I give so that is a positive! There is a lot if frustration with the insurance industry right now with a lot of changes happening and I try and keep clients up to speed! I consider most of my co-workers family and have been with most of them for quite a few years which makes coming to work much easier. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the changes, but i'm a quick study and keep on top of it. The best part of the job is when a client comes in angry and leaves happy!
Overall, Western Financial Group is a good place to work. They have a thorough onboarding process and good culture! As there are several divisions, there is ample opportunity depending on your branch.
I find Western an amazing place to work. I've never worked anywhere that has treated their employees so fairly. I've only worked here for 9 months and I've had no problems with management, hours, or workplace culture. The flexibility is by far the best, in comparison to anywhere else I've worked thus far.
I enjoy holding a position at Western Financial Group, every day is different and we see new people each and every day. Between registries and insurance I get to be with people through out their biggest milestone in life! Birth, death, marriage, etc. It is a very rewarding career choice. It is nice working in a small office, we all have such a great relationship.
I previously worked in retail banking, working in insurance and with Western Financial was the best career move I could of made. I feel appreciated and rewarded daily for a job well done. Western Financial cares about their employees, the communities in which we live and in work life balance. They offer a great benefit package, support development training to further your career and provide coaching. The best part of the job is the people I work who are supportive, team oriented with the same mindset of client satisfaction.
This has been by far the best place I have ever worked at. The team is supportive and helpful and friendly. My manager is always ready to help and listen and goes above and beyond to make sure her staff know she cares about us both as employees and as people. I made the switch to this office last year and it is still one of the best choices I have ever made for my career. There is tons of room for advancement and learning and I feel like I have an actual future within the company. The other thing I love is Western's involvement within the community. They do a lot of fundraising to be able to give back to the communities their offices are in and it's a great thing to see and be able to be apart of.
I used to work from a different agency where I have no work-life balance and very minimal pay. Although I only been here for 4 months, my life has changed for the better. I work part time yet making more than working full time at different agency. Our manager is very helpful and very nice, good benefit package. Overall very happy to be part of Western.
I really enjoy coming to work everyday. We have a great group that all work well with each other. With every job you can have your stressful days or easy going days, everyone here is always willing to help out.
Working as an Insurance Advisor at Western Financial Group is a challenging job that can be very rewarding if you are in the right mindset. You are a licensed professional and that comes with a higher standard expected than of another, non-licensed employee. If you think you would do well in a career in Insurance and are committed to learning and gaining experience everyday then you may enjoy working for this company. The compensation can be a little low compared to some competitors but you also get more opportunity with such a large company and better benefits. Working at Western is a great stepping stone to other opportunities in the industry or the ground level entry into working you way up in the company.
I enjoy the day to day client contact, as we have many rural clients. Each day is something a bit different, fast paced, and the opportunity to learn as much as you want to move forward with your career. Our office is a great fit for my personality and skill sets.
Great place to work. A large company that supports small towns is great! Only downside is that being an insurance broker in a small town can mean phone calls on weekends and evenings and the compensation you get from the company doesn't always reflect that.
Great place to work if you want to a career. If you are self-motivated and like a challenge, there is room to advance at Western Financial Group.
Western is a great employer, if you like to be busy and learn on the job this is the perfect place to work. The benefits package is one of the best I have seen!
Great place to work. I actually enjoy coming to work everyday and feel like I am doing something worth while. Excellent company culture, management is great!
Western has a great supporting atmosphere. Great group to work with. I would recommend this company to anyone. The charitable work this company does is amazing. Very community oriented.
Working at Western has not only been my favorite job, but continues to be my favorite place to work everyday. They pride themselves in their workplace culture and their people. They continue to ensure I am capable and adequately supported to excel in my career.
Culture is great at Western. Lots of access to Senior Leadership which is nice. There does seem to be lots of opportunity for advancement and to make a difference.
Small town, family focused culture however focused on providing a great career opportunity. The company is always looking for employee feedback and does all it can to improve the work life balance.
Western really believes in its guiding principals of Truthfulness, Fairness, Value and Loyalty. It is also a company that believes in promoting from within. Insurance is an industry with lots to learn and Western supports its people with learning opportunities.
Opportunities to grow your career if this interests you. Great culture allowing for employees to feel supported and provide best service to customers.