Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Work-life balance reviews

Featured review
Western Financial Group selected this as a representative review
Great place to start a career in the insurance industry, trained and be licensed, then wait for an opportunity to move forward in your career. Set goals for yourself.
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
In my short time here Western has been a fantastic place to work. The work/life balance far exceeds my other companies, I've been given the knowledge and tools to be successful, I've been given the chance to advance and prove myself, my coworkers are great, the office is constantly busy so the days fly by.
Western Financial Group is definitely a great place to work. I feel like I am recognized for the hard work and dedication that I put into every day. The work life balance is great and there is always room to grow and move up within the company. I definitely do not feel like just a number in a corporation, they treat you like a valued team player.
Great company to work for, highly recommend! Staff training, continuing education, paid benefits for full time employees, along with paid vacation time, paid personal days, paid sick days, can't complain.
Great place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement. Fast paced and friendly work environment. Managers guide and push you into the roles that best suit your personality. They definitely take your opinion into consideration when making changes and help you to grow.
Day at work is reviewing emails, doing senseless activities, walk-in clients, and completing new applications. I have learned, the more successful you are, the harder the company makes it to obtain goals, and compensation, thus keeping more money in their pockets. Management at our branch is fantastic, seem as though they want to help out employees, but also have to answer to upper management so it makes it difficult to get our voices heard. Workplace culture is great, co workers are awesome to work with hardest part of the job is maintaining a good work/life balance as there is so much asked of us for such a small wage in comparison to the amount of work done. the best part of the job is the people i work with, knowledge they provide to me
Some of the management in our office can be on a power trip at times. If you make an error it can be a big deal, but no one is perfect. The hardest part of the job would be trying to get time with management because there is always so many meetings. The best part of the job is that they are fair when it comes to family. Family always comes first.
As a new employee to Western Financial Group I found the team aspect so refreshing! The management team takes a genuine interest in all employees and are very approachable and knowledgeable. Coming from an alternate brokerage that did not meet my expectations or show any interest in the happiness and advancement of staff it is very rewarding to be a part of the Western Financial Team!
Western Is an amazing place to work. They treat you like family and everyday is fun and challenging. Would highly recommend Western to any potential employee.
If you are in for multi tasking job, people person, loves continuous education, willing to do overtime without expecting any extra compensation, then this job is for you.
This job provides a lot of room for advancement in the office and lets you work in different subject of insurance, for example, autoplan, home insurance, commercial insurance and financial services. You can learn something new everyday. The job is based on excellent customer service. I would say the only bad part of the job/company is that I feel the compensation is not fair.
There is opportunity to grow within western financial group whether it be auto, personal lines, commercial, financial services or management as long as you are driven to pursue these opportunities.
This company is similar to other brokerages. Your experience depends on the manager you work for. Benefits are low comparably. There are opportunities to advance but 100% depends on your manager, if you have a bad manager, you have to leave the company to advance
I enjoy working for Western Financial Group and appreciate the community values that the company supports. The company is well structured and organised, and I feel well supported as a broker.
I love my place of work, i put down the pay as no only as im going off my feels for where i am at in the office right now and being one taking on alot more then i should at the time and help kinda run an office with my manger being out of smithers and only have a couple girls in the office at the time being and being as busy as we are, but that isn't a make or break. I love western financial group !
My office's manager is very good. She is always open to working with us to find solutions to problems. She's fair and honest. My co-workers are great. They are kind, and helpful, great team players and have a great sense of humour.
If you enjoy fast pace and high energy work place, Western is the place for you. Western is a place where you can always learn regardless if you have been here a month or 20 years you are continually learning new things. The best part is getting to help clients understand their insurance and really knowing what they are spending their hard earned money on and giving peace of mind that they are covered! Management truly cares about your problems or concerns and works with you to try to come up with solutions its a place where you feel heard.
It is a good place to work! Good benefits & a very rewarding career! You have room for advancement & a great variety in your job! Management are always encouraging employees in their jobs!
Western Financial is a good place to work. They have a good benefit plan, holidays, wages are decent. Great opportunities to further your career and move up in the company.
There is a lot of room for advancement. Management at my branch, as I can not speak for other offices since I have no worked there, is great. Open door policy. The hardest part about the job is the people that will get mad at you simply for working here. Some members of society see you as the government, tax collectors, or debt collectors, and will not like you on principle. The best part however is the conversations you can have with a person as all walks of life can come into the office and share their stories.
Western Financial Group is a great company to work for. They have many rewards and bonuses. Advancement of career is very much an option within this company. The hours are very long at some branches and does not leave a lot of free time depending on how you are scheduled. Must be a very customer minded individual