Western Financial Group

Western Financial Group Work-life balance reviews

Featured review
Western Financial Group selected this as a representative review
Great place to start a career in the insurance industry, trained and be licensed, then wait for an opportunity to move forward in your career. Set goals for yourself.
This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
Many challenges, but none unexpected in the insurance industry. I received the right amount of support to excel at my job and would recommend this a an excellent place of employment to anyone seeking meaningful, diverse work in the this particular field.
When I started 6 years ago, I was new to insurance. Despite a stereotypically risk averse industry, this company changes at a rapid pace. If you are not good with change, a decision might be in order. For me, it is exciting with some very interesting projects to lead not to mention job security The other big factor keeping me here are the people- they are helpful, welcoming, open and supportive.
You can easily make working for Western a solid career choice with room for advancement as well as opportunities for relocation. The company provides support for training as well as professional growth.
Throughout my career I have been able to experience a broad range of new challenges and opportunities. At Western, work:life balance is not just something that is talked about, we live it. People First!
I love my job as a Insurance Advisor. Just feel that that we are not respected and the expectations are high and usually not able to succeed. At times my position was threatened if goals were not met.
Arriving at work after the weather has changed for the better, I've noticed quite a shift in out clients outlook. They are more positive and are looking forward to 2019 which only provides a better opportunity to serve them as they are purchasing more material possessions and of course my job in the service role is to ensure they are insuring them to what they need.
If insurance is the line of business for you, Western Financial Group could be a great fit. In our office we support each other. There is an excellent sense of work life balance and your hard work does not go un noticed. There is an excellent bonus plan when targets are met/exceeded and an employee share purchase program that you can contribute to that is very competitive.
There is no leadership from management, There is not much guidance nor assistance from management when it comes to inquiries or helping with clients when it gets busy with walkins, therefore Insurance Agents get the brunt of the ridicule from customers on wait times. Verbal comments on numerous occasions from the Manager: "I'm a manager, I have done my time" or "it's not my job to boost morale" This is very poor leadership and is embarrassing that, that view is what is being show, not only to clients but employees as the face of Coast Capital Insurance. Employees are expected to train new staff without a training itinerary or guidelines and are still expected to get high sale targets when away from your desk; helping that a new employee get their bearings. There is more negative feedback from management instead of constructive criticism, which can be very draining on a daily basis. There is no work/life balance; it is suggested on a regular basis to come in early to complete tasks or work through your breaks. The staff turnover is higher and is extremely straining on the senior staff. There is never the budget to get you to a higher level of Insurance qualifications, which is disappointing as well. There is barely much movement ability for different career roles within the company. The Coworkers; and peers however are what's amazing, that's where knowledge and support comes from, bouncing ideas and learning new things all the time, thanks to my peers and the Underwriters in the call centre whom are fantastic on answering questions and providing guidance
Coast Capital Insurance is a great place to work, the work/life balance is great and the people are fantastic. It’s great to work for a company who is active in the community and I personally can say I’m proud to be part of such a winning team. I would recommend Coast Capital Insurance to both my family and friends alike.
This is a great place to work, there is lots of career advancement as well as it the management here is very understanding and supportive. The only challenge I have encountered here is the work schedules, you are expected to work on weekends, and some nights as well.
Typical day at work is very fulfilling. Never a dull moment, great team spirit and support. Awesome environment its like family, since we spend a great part of our life with our colleagues. Everyday is a learning curve, keeps us on our toes.
Working at Coast Capital Insurance a Division of Western Financial Group. Co-workers are great. Very helpful and we are a big team. Unfortunately there is no Work Life Balance. All you think about is work while you are at home. The management seems to care more about profits than the well being of their staff.
A typical day working for WFG as a Regisrty Agent as follows, come in early to count cash and send off reports to the government before the doors open. Most mornings you will have someone waiting at the door. Banging on the door or pacing in front of the door. If it is winter , you’ll still see this. Doors open: you start to greet your clients and do a variety of paperwork. Theres enough paperwork to keep you busy through out your day. So if your not busy with clients you won’t get board. I find that nice! Sometimes you have calls to make on behalf of the clients and you can be waiting for hours. Depending who you need to call. The daily duties do vary. Some Registry Agents take on much more vs other agents. Where I am, I am fortunate to have a fair understanding of who does what and when it needs to be done by. As well shared duties. Having a good communication line is great! We have deadlines just like anyone else meeting deadlines. We check paperwork daily, weekly and monthly. We have inventory coming and going out. Your doing this in between clients, not a big deal. If it’s month end, well it can be challenging. Good agents will plan accordingly to get their work done to be available for the clients. Day ends, you count your cash print your reports and leave! Sometimes you’ll remember In the middle of the night if your missing a microfilm, what might have happened. Sometimes you’ll dream of numbers, or worry of clients who are facing hardships or exciting milestones! This is all part of the job! Working for WFG. This all depends on the office your in. The staff make - more...
I have been working for Western for a couple of years now and it has been a rewarding experience. The other staff and my experiences with management have been great and the work/life balance is much better than my previous job. The chance for development is there if you ask. Much of the job is self organization which I much prefer over micromanagement. Overall I could recommend this as a career path for others.
Western is a great company to work with. Daily you get the new things to learn and new experience, good work life balance. Workplace culture is professional and all of your concerns are taken care by the Management.
I have an Amazing manager who goes above and beyond for her team everyday. I know i am being heard and that my opinion matters to my Manager. My Co-workers make coming into work a great experience, never a dull day here.
I would always recommend Western Financial as a great place to work - and the insurance industry in general. For some reason there is always a demand for insurance agents and western financial is willing to train the right individuals from the very beginning stages or give opportunities to those in a more advanced level. Having worked for another broker prior to western financial, I can tell you that the starting wage here is fabulous. Sure it's not what I've always dreamed of doing but I don't have to get my hands dirty,I have a great salary and I can hang my coat up at the end of the day and spend time with my family. If you're looking for a career change that will support you financially, support your career growth and work life balance - make sure you apply. (PS the Sooke branch is the best!)
At this point I would recommend anyone wanting to join this company to wait and see just what type of company we are. Western advertises and appears like a company that sits within a community, reflecting their concerns and needs however recent changes seem to indicate that Western will simply be a conglomerate. Nothing wrong with that but the recent changes and expectations are difficult and will take time to absorb. So if you're up for a fair amount of head scratching and wondering "what next" I'd move on to something a little more stable.
Western is a great place to work and provides everything I would need as far as job security and pay so far. I look forward to working each and every day and look forward to a successful future.
Fast paced environment - Great company to work for - Great office staff - lots of potential for growth - All in all it is an excellent place of employment and would I would recommend it to anyone looking for a challenging career.